3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RIPPER12 21.10.21 12:21 am

Saint's Row

[b] Saint's Row [/ b]

Genre: Action, GTA Clone
Publisher: THQ
Developer: Volition
Release Date: September 1
Demo Release Date: August 1
Platform: Xbox360

Everything that was in GTA: SA is in this game, plus creation of your own character, good graphics and physics, normal control, network mode and no brakes. 8)

screenshots:
[url = http: //img126.imageshack.us/my.php? Image = e32006saintsrowscreens20060503.jpg] [img] http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5174/e32006saintsrowscreens20060503.th.jpg [ / img] [/ url]
[url = http: //img527.imageshack.us/my.php? image = e32006saintsrowscreens20060503.jpg] [img] http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/5174/e32006saintsrowscreens20060503.th .jpg [/ img] [/ url]
[url = http: //img126.imageshack.us/my.php? image = saintsrow200508200007432451oa.jpg] [img] http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6578/saintsrow200508200007432451oa.th.jpg [/ img] [ / url]
[url = http: //img126.imageshack.us/my.php? image = saintsrow200510041114209315sz.jpg] [img] http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9950/saintsrow200510041114209315sz.th.jpg [/ img] [/ url]

videos:
[url = http: //media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747896/vids_1.html] http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/. .. ids_1.html [/ url]
124 Comments
Sort by:
O
OGGIS 21.10.21

TC: NYC is power: lol: Where is CP before it ....

g
gravemaker 21.10.21

I even went through it 2 times 0_0 and CA 1 time and then just barely, mortal boredom

-
-Mag 21.10.21

Finished the controversy, especially when they are in the form of a flood.

[b] gravemaker [/ b], [b] YO_360 [/ b], [b] RIPPER12 [/ b], you are primarily concerned, especially the first in the list.

b
biblbrux 21.10.21

Played the demo. Impressions are very good. pleasant. The graph is at the level of rendered clips 3-4 years ago. Very nice. The physics of the car is excellent. Moderately arcade, reasonably realistic. It's fun to crush pedestrians :) Everything is pretty realistic, and pedestrians fly away tens of meters from the bumper much less often than they end up under the wheels :) Kaaife :) If you drive into a wall or a pole from acceleration, then he flies onto the sidewalk through broken glass: mrgreen:. There are many destructible objects, all sorts of showcases, benches, fences, pillars, some trees (which are thinner :)), etc. Throwing out the former owner from the car takes place in 6-7 different versions, and with his muzzle on the steering wheel, and simply pulls out by the hand, and he climbs out, and kicks out ... Class. I haven't noticed any matsatsyklov or boats yet, but I played on the strength of 10-15 minutes. pedestrian crowd :) Those who yelled, that the streets are confused in SR are deeply wrong. There are many peace-makers, and so is the traffic. Everyone responds adequately to the situation, in the sense that they start to panic and run away at the sound of shots :) You can take partners, the more authority you have, the more people you can take with you.

I was very pleased with the character generation. A wild number of settings, you can blind almost anyone.

The running is quite at the level, pleasant. No worse than riding. it is convenient to use the weapon. The menu of weapons / items is made according to the mind - you hold down the button and use the joystick to scroll the drum, where the guns are displayed.

About the graph. Very, very good. Dynamic shadows, all sorts of shaders-shmeders-bump-shmamps. the trees sway in the wind as in Oblivion. The typewriters have the correct reflections. All sorts of explosions are made conscientiously. Drawing range - 700-800 meters, nothing disappears and does not appear out of nowhere.

The sound is cool.
There is a plot. About gangs and strong male friendship against freaks from hostile groups :) Often show engine videos of excellent quality. By the way, during the videos it obviously slows down, because of the heap of effects such as all kinds of blues and DOFs. There are no brakes during the game.

All sorts of gas stations, gun shops, brothels, whores, cops ... Well, it's shorter in GTA :)

In principle, I would call the game a very high-quality clone of GTA, but with a little twist :)

Y
YO_360 21.10.21

YYY bibl thanks for the info, that is, all the same, is it worth the wait?

b
biblbrux 21.10.21

[Quote name = "YO_360"] YYY Bibl thanks for the info, that is, all the same, is it worth waiting for? [/ quote]
How do I know? It's worth it, it's not worth it ... I don't really like GTA and its clones. Basically, I liked the demo. There will be a sane plot and interesting missions (not only kill two pimps in the next street) - there will be at least a good game, and with a little luck - a hit. Volyushn shit in principle does not ...

If the word taschishsya GTA, the SR mastbay uniquely. If not, you need to think three times before buying :)

By the way, on the disc with the demo, in addition to the demos and the trailer, there is a rather long film about the creation of the game, a bunch of concept art (good artists, by the way, drew) and some nice music tracks. Well, Temka is free for Dasha and a set of gamerpics.

Y
YO_360 21.10.21

hmm, then I think 3 times: mrgreen:

-
-Mag 21.10.21

can I fly, can I swim?
How about landscapes? or a city alone?

GTA is something special, especially SA. SR - maybe a clone. this is understandable, but how can you judge the "very high quality of the clone" when you don't like GTA? : roll:: mrgreen:

Z
Zoder 21.10.21

There is no air or water transport in this game. And most importantly, there are no motorcycles! GTA: SA is better, although the graphics are scary.

Y
YO_360 21.10.21

[b] biblbrux [/ b], by the way, how's the soundtrack? normal quality or slag?

b
biblbrux 21.10.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] can I fly, can I swim?
How about landscapes? or a city alone?

GTA is something special, especially SA. SR - maybe a clone. this is understandable, but how can you judge the "very high quality of the clone" when you don't like GTA? : roll :: mrgreen: [/ quote] the

fact that I don't really like the episode did not prevent me from going through part 3 and SA :)

So far I saw only the city and the suburbs from the highway, but there is an exit to the embankment and bridges across the river. I haven't seen any boats yet. But I haven't played much yet. Anyway, this is a demo ...

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 2 minutes 28 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote name = "YO_360"] [b] biblbrux [/ b ], by the way, how's the soundtrack? normal in quality or slag? [/ quote]

Gangsta and hip-hop and radio plays in typewriters. I love it.

M
ManiMike 21.10.21

biblbrux, tell us a little about the main character, pliz ...

b
biblbrux 21.10.21

I watched a movie about the creation of the game. The game has a radio, like a gtash. Over 30 radio stations, with different styles of music. The characters are voiced by well-known actors. Most of all I remember the hefty black man from the green mile :) And his character is 1: 1 from the actor :)
There are no boats, matsatsyklov, so lovers of boxing games and boxing in general can uncork champagne: mrgreen: But there are helicopters: crazy: And they can not only shoot down :). A trip on a huge tractor of the Belaz type looks cool, the cars are merrily flattening and scattering :) They showed a map of the city. Huge. With suburbs, docks, marina and all sorts of rubbish such as areas of new buildings and slums.

Glaveroy (at least as shown in the videos) accidentally walks along the street, where a shootout of two gangs begins. bang bang, everyone is killed, there is only one hero and a dude from the third gang who saved the gg by shooting the survivors :) The hero is offered to join the gang, gg cannot refuse :)
Here is the plot. In the film about the filming, there are a lot of in-game videos, there are some obviously mafia bosses discussing who to fill up, in taverns half-naked women shoot someone, the main hero is given in the face, the main hero gives someone in the face, someone is shot from the sniper ... In short, the usual life of a simple American guy from the ghetto :)

Y
YO_360 21.10.21

It can be seen that the game is still a hit, and even with a plot and technologies: D must buy

-
-Mag 21.10.21

Objective conclusions that I managed to draw from your impressions:
"-"
1. The terrain is rather monotonous. not a word about hemp fields, as well as about long bypass roads, etc. Maybe they will still do it?
2. the radio that is in the demo, (like Sakazl Bibi) - I would be turned off.
3. You probably won't have to swim or fly. By the way, does the hero himself know how to swim? climb, etc.?
4.Metics, there are no bikes either. a kind of castrated city for ordinary things. By the way, the tractor in the CA was: wink:

"+"
1. if there are 30 radio stations and there will be something like Rage Against The Machine, Ozzy Osborne, Iron Maiden like in GTA - then this is a plus, at least for me ...
2. detailing and graphics. I hope that the city is alive, at least as much as it is alive in GTA. Interactivity, too, would be at the level.
3.Licked off the best elements from GTA, like a set of a gang, etc.

Verdict - you have to play and watch the final product. But I will tell you as a true lover of GTA games - it doesn't smell like a killer tutu. You can't buy me with explosions, you need gameplay, a variety of missions, etc.

R
RIPPER12 21.10.21

[quote]
can I swim?
[/ quote] I repeat for the third time: you can swim! : lol:

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 1 minute 48 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] $ Mag [/ b], GTA is full of serious cons, fixed in SR: wink:

A
Aziphov 21.10.21

[b] biblbrux [/ b], * like GTA, only with a twist *. and what is the highlight?

b
biblbrux 21.10.21

[quote name = "$ Mag"] Objective conclusions that I managed to draw from your impressions:
"-"
1. The area is rather monotonous. not a word about hemp fields, as well as about long bypass roads, etc. Maybe they will still do it?
2. the radio that is in the demo, (like Sakazl Bibi) - I would be turned off.
3. You probably won't have to swim or fly. By the way, does the hero himself know how to swim? climb, etc.?
4.Metics, there are no bikes either. a kind of castrated city for ordinary things. By the way, the tractor in the CA was: wink:

"+"
1. if there are 30 radio stations and there will be something like Rage Against The Machine, Ozzy Osborne, Iron Maiden like in GTA - then this is a plus, at least for me ...
2. detailing and graphics. I hope that the city is alive, at least as much as it is alive in GTA. Interactivity, too, would be at the level.
3.Licked off the best elements from GTA, like a set of a gang, etc.

Verdict - you have to play and watch the final product. But I will tell you as a true lover of GTA games - it doesn't smell like a killer tutu. You can't buy me with explosions, you need gameplay, a variety of missions, etc. [/ quote]

According to your cons:
1. The terrain is diverse. In addition to the usual urban landscapes, there are all sorts of bypass highways in the suburbs, some abandoned areas such as ghettos, areas under construction, all sorts of marinas ... even in the demo there is a lot of different things, not just boxes of houses.
2. There is one radio station in the demo. there is hip-hop and gangsta type. The sound engineer in the company on the creation of the game said that each of the 30+ stations has a different musical style.
3. You can even swim in the demo. To fly is sort of like helicopter flights.
4. Moto and bike really did not appear anywhere in the rollers. In the demo, I stopped a car, on the roof of which a bicycle was bolted :) but I could not ride it :)

For your pluses:
1. already answered about the radio
2. The city is alive. A bunch of pedestrians, a bunch of traffic. people walk, someone with bags, someone with boxes, someone just like that, People sit in a taxi, go to shops ... everything is destroyed except the walls of houses and concrete bridges :) Showcases, all sorts of kiosks-shops-worries -fences-pillars-small trees ... In short, everything that, in theory, should be destroyed, is destroyed. There are no cardboard fences that cannot be demolished by car :) And what kind of explosions .... High! Was a witness during the explosion of a car (I accidentally! I didn't want to!: Wink :) the pedestrian was killed by a flying wheel from the car.
3.Yeah, licked it ... But qualitatively :)

Y
YO_360 21.10.21

: love: when the game comes out ?!

W
Winner_pRo 21.10.21

Oh, I think I was wrong about this game, [b] biblbrux [/ b], mona believe: wink: