3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Industrial_777 28.10.21 09:52 pm

Lag openworld games

There is a clean Windows 10, all possible Drava are rolled.
PC
specifications : Processor: AMD FX-8350 4.2 Gzh
Motherboard: Asus M5A78l - USB3
Video card: Asus GTX Strix 950 2 Gb
Memory: 2 strips in a dual channel 8 Gb DDR3 1866 MHz
SSD: Kingston 120 Gb for Windows and 240 for games

Open world games lag: GTA 5, BF3, BF4, Rise of the Tomb Rider, etc.
I have already tried to turn off background tasks and energy saving in BIOS did not help anything.
I don't know how to attach a video
21 Comments
Sort by:
I
Industrial_777 28.10.21

Here's a video

S
SneaKs94 28.10.21

Industrial_777
BF3-4 and rise of the tomb rider not open world? The stall is vaguely similar to an open world game, but the battlefield is not alike.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.21

like that, I didn't really notice anything on the video, although I did not finish watching the
possible causes of freezes and lags in games with ssd disks.
a small amount of video memory or RAM or a swap file (with ssd the latter should not be very relevant)
type of processor overclocking and a separate processor. if the north bridge and the express bus are overclocked with such a process, then it may be the result of an unstable FPS. separately turbust may be due to poor performance and I do not know if this problem has been cured in new games and these fx
well, the video card is weak, since the load in games is not constant, it may not take this load out. here it is necessary to monitor the load and frequency of the processor, vram, the controller vram, the GPU load as well as its frequency. ideally, the load of the vram controller should tend to 0 normally. processor turbo + to frequencies tk one on all cores and is not permanently harmful and in general the processor is better, however, it should not be piled under 100 relative to the number of threads used by the application. if it is for 4-core processors, then 50% of the total or total fractional is a lot. Well, and there, if a drop in FPS is observed when the video card is fully loaded and everything else is resting, most likely it creates problems. maximum PeKa capacious description.

I
Ixiot 28.10.21

Tomb rider definitely requires more than 8 gigs of RAM. The old computer had only 8 gigs and the game lagged. I bought in addition about the same level for the two-channel and the game began to fly.

P
PapaKarloS 28.10.21

you seriously don’t know why they lag? it is necessary to change EVERYTHING!

I
Industrial_777 28.10.21

PapaKarloS Ale,
uncle, I watched similar videos with this card, everything is stable with them, the problem is either in the amount of RAM or in the motherboard, I watched a bunch of videos where smart guys on fufik were running GTA at maximum settings.

I
Industrial_777 28.10.21

MunchkiN 616
Could it be because of the north bridge ?! Because in all the games that I listed in the question, I keep stable 60-75 frames, and at the time of their fall to 30-40 frames, the load on the video card drops to 40-50%, which may lead to a drop in the load on the video card if the percentage is not loaded at 100 % and enough operatives.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.21

Industrial_777
in its pure form because of the north bridge it cannot be so it provides express 2.0 full or its high-speed equivalent for a given mp.
but I somehow carried out, on the advice and assurance, such an experience with overclocking the processor, they say, overclocking the MOS helps in FPS (at the same time the express controller, let's say it is 200 MHz and here it will be 210-220) and my video card is two-chip capable of downloading this Express 2.0 and resting on into it. so it means FPS FPS has grown in places in places it has become less, but the game itself is that the games will accelerate and will start to hiccup freeze and in the 3D brand of such pitch it went even worse than without overclocking. and mathematically, in the bluebench, the performance did not change in any way. and I had to overclock the processor and operations like GPU nvidia physics on the processor.
On the idea of ​​ u200b u200bthat stock 8350 4 GHz should be enough for all games 30 fps except for the newest and some not new ones.
but I didn't have such a processor, but I had 6100 fx, so it is shorter without proper overclocking, modern games slow down, so at 40 fps they look like 20 fps, and if you turn on video recording that is 30 fps, everything becomes smooth and the load on the stone drops. lovers of any small nuclear stones of the i3 type will feel this if they want a high FPS. I do not know how this problem is called.
but in this particular case, looking at a card with 2 gigs, I think that the problem is first of all in it and you need to look at the load of its memory controller. or put the most soapy minimal textures and compare performance on them
and it will be like on the screen
https://i.playground.ru/i/pix/1193718/image.jpg
there you can see that one chip is loaded, but it’s something that didn’t fit into it and it began to divide by zero.
or such a screenshot
https://i.playground.ru/i/pix/1193709/image.jpg the
processor almost does nothing. chips are half loaded because tarvon. But where did the download and FPS pitch go - and she went to pump 2 + 2 GB of memory through the fork chip and the express 2.0 bus and then look for the operative. those each but the fact that the chip per chip accounts for the bandwidth of Express 1.1 is not a problem. problem in loading and unloading resources and updating vram. the controllers are loaded by 18-20% and should be 0-1% in general for stable operation.
so nada 3090 with 24 gigabytes of vram in general pitch-pitch then exactly on this occasion there will be no blunts until the games get fat.

I
Industrial_777 28.10.21

MunchkiN 616
Thanks for the detailed answer, so first of all it is worthwhile to upgrade the video card?

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.21

Industrial_777
platform will allow you to play games until 19-20, provided the memory is increased to 16GB if you have a total of 8. not 60fps, of course. however, considering the prices for vidyuhi, something from 970 to 1080 is now expensive and does not make much sense because it is outdated and stupid for such a price, and newer cards, such as the 2000 series and AMD analogs, are even much more expensive. and the topic of prerequisite ... you need to look at what kind of power supply, because the mat has 4 pins of power, and modern PCs have 8 and 8 + 4 and look for everyone there ...
so it's up to you. In my opinion, this PC does not make sense to at least change the platform (motherboard, processor memory, etc.) to a more modern and vidyuhina that pulls Igor like a cyberpunk confidently in full chd.

B
Botponevole 28.10.21

In Windows, in the power profile, deliver high performance. Also go to BIOS and turn off energy saving options. Turn off Cool'n'Quiet, turn off TurboBoost too. So that the percentage does not get too hot, manually set the frequency in the region of 3500 somewhere. Should solve all problems if the problem is in the processor.
The problem may also be in the video card, start monitoring the frequencies in the game and check if they fall in the game at the time of lags (frequencies) at the video card core.

S
SAUSAGE 28.10.21

So much for PC gaming .... Buy PS 4 and play all modern games, albeit with not the highest, but quite comfortable FPS.

B
Botponevole 28.10.21

Hellhound_Anger
You don’t fumble at all, this is abundant for these games.

r
requiemmm 28.10.21

Hellhound_Anger wrote:
And there haven't been 8 gigs since the 2000s.
This is where, in the MCC?) Lie, but don't lie. At the beginning of the 2000s, the people had, on average, 512 meters of memory. Many had 256, which, in principle, was enough for XP and games of that time. Then there were multi-cores, the slogan "two cores, two gigs", but even here the majority had 32-bit systems, and there the threshold was less than four gigs. 64-bit systems began to be installed en masse, as if not in 2010, and even then not all.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.21

64-bit systems began to be massively installed, as if not in 2010,
it was formally considered 4GB until the 12th year, but 8 was already possible in a year, so 8 mu is really redundant for gambling. At the beginning of the last generation, 8GB became the norm, but it was possible to set 16 at once. and where by the middle of the end of 10x it became the norm of 16 GB to this day, with a gradual overflow into 32.
already somewhere in the 8th year to install 32-bit Windows for the game was jammed because the pitch will most likely be 4GB and dx10 support was needed. although windows vista that mine had seen my 6gb, although it was 32 bit, which is very strange. HP current 3.5 and when the vidyuhi started up 2.5 lul.
and so of course that since the 2000s it was 8GB, of course. I went out to 10 or 9th for 8GB, and then I was going to live on 775 run-ups until the arrival of a graphone and 16 streaming machines and fundamentally new ones over and above PeKa because. And so the golden schoolboy had i5 2500k 4-8gb and 560ti as I remember.

B
Botponevole 28.10.21

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
I am current to 10 or 9 to 8GB
At the time of the release of COD 4, this is 2007, I had a 256 MB video card and 4 gig of RAM, and it was not bad yet, just a year ago the rather expensive 8800gt c 384 and 512 MB went to board

H
Hellhound_Anger 28.10.21

Botponevole
Catch: https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/processor/razgon_fx_8350-967934/

And who doesn't fumble there? Drive the percent and especially the operative. 20 frames

Do not believe me, believe the forum:
if the FPS does not rest on vidyuhu, then a significant increase in the minimum FPS is only by overclocking NB + memory. NB - frequency of the north bridge and drive more HT - bus.

Heh, 4 very weak cores. I don't even know where to see this!

P
Pavel rally 28.10.21

Hellhound_Anger
It feels like you live on Rublevka.

H
Hellhound_Anger 28.10.21

Pavel Rally
Come to USA! They pay well, earn good money, the dollar is the most reliable and eternal currency in the world! Get settled, even without arriving - through the Internet. Many Russians are already here, and they are very happy with life, even the air speaks differently.
Even a dishwasher here earns more than 95% in Russia. And pays less taxes. I know a couple of them, and they also started mining! One on Tesla mined myself, I have not yet decided to take it.
and the pieces of iron are cheap! This is not a ruble for which you cannot buy anything.

B
Botponevole 28.10.21

Hellhound_Anger
You need a fire extinguisher, take care of the farts. Now open your eyes and look at the topic of GTA 5, BF3, BF4, Rise of the Tomb Rider on YouTube, can you find tests of this processor in these games? And in general, you do not fumble, period. Yes, and no place paints a person, that's why America is rolling into a star, that there are probably many of them.
Here is the opinion of an authoritative person, and not a noun in the Padonko language writing.