3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Angry fairies 28.10.21 09:52 pm

Paver limit for RX 6600XT

Background:
Spoiler A friend started to play a naughty computer (it did not turn on the first time) and there were suspicions that it was either because of the MP or because of the power supply. PSU Aerocool VX-600, be it wrong. We decided to check first the power supply unit on my PC, connected it and after turning on the PC in the house the light blinked. My gtx 970 went to the next world and along with it, there was also a charge from the tablet.
I looked at the prices for Avito in my city, saw there px570 for 40k and decided to let it go, I’ll buy a new card in the store. The cheapest was px6600xt for 59k, msi gaming x, and I bought it.
So, the RX 6600XT msi gaming x video card, the paver limit of 160 watts is indicated everywhere. But in reality, my card by default is only 145 watts, and with an additional 4% that can be thrown in the amd drivers, it rises to 150 watts. Above 150 it does not rise at all anywhere, neither in a lodge, nor in games and in the HWiNFO64 program, the paver limit is also indicated as 145w (150, if you throw those 4%). Power supply, if that be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 9 600W, in theory, there should be no problems with it.
Is there something wrong with my card or am I missing something? For 1000 years, there have been no video cards from Radeon, so I don't really rummage in their settings yet, but I noticed that if you lower the voltage of the video card, then the core frequency rises in the lance, that is, in theory, with a reduced power limit, it directly loses in performance? Maybe someone has a similar map or someone can suggest something that can be done in this case?
3 Comments
Sort by:
B
Botponevole 28.10.21

And why, to do something, you do not care what the limit is. The limit limits the consumption, let's say a processor with a TDP 65 with the limit disabled starts to work in a load with high dynamic frequencies, but the real TDP can even reach 120W. A higher TDP means other requirements for the power and cooling system. Those. if you turn the limit to the maximum, you will get a little more performance, but the power lines of the video card may start to boil.

A
Angry fairies 03.11.21

Botponevole
More limit - more performance.
About boiling power lines - che-t lol, here only the GPU has 8 power phases, which do not always gain even 45-50 degrees under load.

Eniway, on the Zabugor forum, they already explained to me that the specified limit of 160W is the limit of the entire card, including the GPU, memory, power phases and the rest of the harness. 145W is a specific limit for the GPU.

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

Evil fairies
The same thing, in all programs it shows a limit of 145W and 150 with an added limit in the software of the Radeon.
I also came to the conclusion that this limit applies only to the GPU.
Threw a limit in the radeon software; raised memory from 2000 to 2290; auto overclocking raised the chip to 2850; voltage decreased from 1.150 to 1.080. The card began to boost up to 2800-2900 MHz in games, and temperatures dropped by 5-6 degrees at the standard fan settings.
Spoiler