3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jekpot1128 28.10.21 09:56 pm

Scratched viarta while cleaning

When I tried to start the PC, I noticed that the monitor did not light up, and the speaker did not beep. I decided to disassemble the PC and first clean it from dust and replace the thermal paste, but when I tried to screw the cooler into the graphics card I scratched it. The scratch is not big, but went along the tracks. After convulsive gathering. and connecting the pc prayed that it would start, and so my joy happened there was no limit, but I noticed that the cooler began to behave strangely, or rather began to spin at full speed in the performance of the pc no changes there is no overheating and everything is working stably, but the pc has become bad react to actions, or rather in no way at all, I can only move the mouse and start the task manager. Tried to run the explorer
7 Comments
Sort by:
k
ksasha97 28.10.21

You, most likely, hooked on the roads of the feed card, since the coolers howl, and after turning on the card, you could completely set the memory or chip on fire. Bring the card in for repair, if, of course, it's not too late. And it's better to drag the whole computer, because it is not known what the problem was before, when it did not start for the first time

S
Space Ðœarine 28.10.21

Jekpot1128
Anything could happen. The only options to determine whether the problem is in the video card or something else has suffered is either to try another video card in your PC, or to try your video card in another computer. Otherwise, you will not define anything, even if you collect all the psychics and fortune-tellers of your city. If the problem is only in the tracks, bring it to the repair.

Why did you take apart the video card at all? Did you have any problems with her, or did you just get into one place? How many such stories have already been read, and you also chose the most "successful" time to find adventures on your video card.

k
kurskiy 28.10.21

Tips about "clean and replace thermal paste" - entry-level and for those who are somehow "in the subject." I'm not sure of my abilities - why climb and spin everything in a row, and then not very carefully collect it back?
And on the subject: now it is already difficult to say something. Why didn't the computer start up initially? What happened to the card after such a vandalism? Without diagnostics, no one will say this anymore.

J
Jekpot1128 28.10.21

ksasha97
My computer in general, the whole problematic one constantly dreams of dying, and I have not given him for 7 years already, he has been praying for death during this time I studied all the blue screens of death and once burned the processor with a short circuit, so it’s time not to send it to the master, but to that one light

J
Jekpot1128 28.10.21

kurskiy
It did not turn on precisely because of this, no matter how funny it was, but a layer of dust accumulated there that interfered with the cooling

A
Angry fairies 28.10.21

Jekpot1128
I have 7 years old, from 2009 to 2016 there was a phenom 2 x4 945 and a Power Color HD4890 vidyaha, which ate 190 watts for a second and at the same time was cooled by not the largest radiator with 1 fan.
Spoiler
My apartment is located on the 3rd floor along a longitudinal road with public transport, it is blown through and a cat and a dog live in it. That is, there is enough dust and wool from time to time. But at the same time, everything that I did with my computer - once every six months or a year, I took it out onto the balcony and blew out all the "unnecessary", while I never even used any brushes. Ok, for 7 years I changed the thermal paste once on the process. The video card is still working for a friend who spins on it in tanks and warframes. All the rest of the iron was also poured into Avito in full working order. There was never even a talk of any overheating.

And you have blue on cd, and you burned the percentages, and scratched the video card.
Install the licensed image of Windows from the Microsoft website, do not use dubious software, shitwickers and shit-cracked people, and do not climb inside the system unit more often than once every six months in order to blow out excess dust. Look for problems on your own.
ps Yes, if your hands are not from experience, you can even solder the tracks yourself. But this is hardly about your case, so bring it to any service. But with the current prices for vidyuhi, expect that the price can be raised even for such a light repair.

B
Be3yH4eG 28.10.21

This is from a number of that - poked in the ear with a screwdriver and the sound disappeared? Opensource projects