3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JoYoung 28.10.21 10:11 pm

Monitor does not work

Hi guys, I got a good Samsung SyncMaster E1920 monitor. I don’t want to throw the monitor away, but if you don’t do anything, then don’t mind. The problem is as follows: when the power is connected, the power indicator lights up dimly, not as brightly as before, and nothing else. Maybe someone came across a similar thing, as they decided, it is possible to fix it at home without special devices?
27 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 28.10.21

If you know how to solder, there is a chance. Although, in this case, no questions would have arisen, disassemble, "ring", replace.

P
Patrick star online 28.10.21

In older monitors, not so many parts fail. These are usually capacitors in the power supply. Less often - a backlight inverter or the lamps themselves.
Link to the service manual. There, although in Korean, the parsing process is duplicated by pictures. Plus electronic circuits in English.
https://manualzz.com/doc/1294350/samsung-e1920nw-service-manual

k
ksasha97 28.10.21

Patrick Star Online
Plus, my old man suffered so much, the condenders were swollen, though I wore them to the service, because my hands were growing from the wrong places)

J
JoYoung 28.10.21

Patrick Star Online
The problem is, perhaps, that there is no visible damage, and the boards themselves are clean, the capacitors are intact, no chips, no cracks, the wires are also intact. We tried with different power wires, but the result is the same - a sluggish glow above the power button.

P
Patrick star online 28.10.21

If the knowledge is enough only for a visual inspection and changing the power cable - to the service or to the trash heap.

E
Ely maze 12.11.21

But I have such an error

Yesterday I noticed such a thing that my monitor started during operation or the PC was booted, it turns off and turns on, it lasts a couple of seconds and Analog appears

, what could be the problem?

V
VETER15 12.11.21

JoYoung
is there a photo? Maybe a short where, especially in the socket ...
Is Ely Maze
plugged directly into the socket?
what was being done?

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

VETER15
Photo no, the wire that leads to the outlet changed and inserted into other places

It also happens that the screen starts blinking and the green button also blinked, even though I disconnected the vga wire, it still blinked and the screen and the

Vga light bulb cannot be replaced since there is no spare

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

VETER15
By the way viewersonic va903b monitor It has been

standing since 14 years old but before me it was already used

r
requiemmm 17.11.21

Seven years is a long time for modern technology. The manufacturer only guarantees a couple of thousand hours of continuous operation for household appliances. Most likely, there are power problems, but it is useless to inspect in most cases, you need to have an ESR meter that allows you to check the conduits without unsoldering, and, at least, a tester. Ring the wires, while bending them slightly. In extreme cases, you can turn it on disassembled, let it work, and then gently touch the capacitors - the faulty one will be warm or hot. But you won't find a conduit in a cliff, and if you are shocked and your ears fall off, it will be purely your problem :)))

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

I forgot to add

The day before my monitor broke down, they turned off the light somewhere that was repaired and in the evening they turned it on so they turn it off and so 5 times in a row

And Monique started to go out on the evening of the next day when I noticed and maybe even started earlier but I didn’t notice

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

requiemmm
Does the monitor have to heat up so it can burn your hand?

Today I turned on the monitor for 5 minutes, touched the screen and my hand burned a little.

Monitor viewsonic va903b 2007

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

I seem to have found the reason

All because of the power supply in the monitor, since it is not on the wire, namely inside the monitor

itself It turns itself off and turns on as if it was turned off and on from the outlet

If anyone had such monitors what did you do?

I didn't even turn on the computer, there was only a monitor that was connected to the network and VGA was turned off

P
Pavel rally 17.11.21

Ely Maze
I would write in a search engine, ViewSonic VA903b power supply burned out.

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

Pavel Rally
I was looking for my monitor, well, and not to say that it burned out, it works fine, but it can turn off when it can at any time

P
Pavel rally 17.11.21

Ely Maze
If you don’t google how to change the power supply, take it for repair or buy a new monitor.

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

Pavel Rally
Well, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what exactly with him

He can disconnect from the network and turn on

If I was sure I could order a new monitor

Tomorrow the master will come

It all started with the fact that the light was turned on and off about 5 times every minute

V
VETER15 17.11.21

Ely Maze
Heating is no longer normal, there is not much to warm up there. Some kind of heating block may be triggered, and he turns off Monique.
The 22nd century is in the yard, but you can't make a simple photo ... Ask your neighbor already chtol.
There, the block does not know what it consists of, you need to physically watch it, or find a similar one on a flea market and replace it. Not even similar, the main thing is that the voltage is suitable.
In any case, the master has already called once, write what he says. And then suspiciously there is no news from you since then)

E
Ely maze 17.11.21

VETER15 The
master started the monitor and brought it back today, it won't fail, some piece of hardware inside the monitor

has broken down I have already agreed and they will bring me a new monitor in a week, or rather 11 days

V
VETER15 17.11.21

Ely Maze
Did the master give any inspection certificates?
And with whom did you agree on a new monitor?