3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21 10:11 pm

Can't launch original WON version of the game on Win 7 (Half-Life)

In general, I found and downloaded the original WON version of the first part of Half-Life, because I wanted to play the old one. But the problem is that the game itself starts, but requires you to insert the original CD when you try to start a single game. And since it is nowhere to be found now, the original disk, I tried to run this game with the mounted image of the disk in CUE format, but the game does not see the mounted image point-blank. I tried to find a crack, and I sort of found it, but when I try to run it to install it into the game, Windows gives an error that this file is incompatible with my version of Windows, that is, with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

As a result, it turns out that nothing happens. That is, I can only start the game up to the main menu. Further, the game requires a disk and does not work even with the mounted image, and the crack does not want to start in order to patch the game and make it work without a disk. In general, your help is needed. If anyone knows how to launch this particular version of Half-Life, please respond and help. I really want to play but I can't. Maybe someone has a ready-made crack or a ready-made WON grunt version of the game.
10 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sweety_Mustard 28.10.21

Change the letter of the virtual drive to E.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Sweety_Mustard
Tried it. But for some reason, there is no letter E in the Daemon Tools settings. Here's a screenshot:

M
Madevi 28.10.21

On my Win8.1 version installed from images does not start at all, but the Rip version works: https://www.old-games.ru/game/download/754.html
The game starts, the new game also works, the disk does not asks. It lacks introductory cutscenes and can be returned from the full image. You will also need to mount the full image for the music to play - http://archive.org/details/Half-Life_Sierra_Valve_1998

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Madevi
I see. Thanks, I'll try. Suddenly it will help.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Madevi
Tried it. It works, but not only videos are cut, but also animations. Some characters sometimes do not move or speak at all. In general, the Rip version is also not an option, because it is incomplete.

M
Madevi 28.10.21

DeathColdUA
Maybe just bugs? I can't imagine why it was necessary to cut out the animations (by the way, the unpacked rip version is even larger in weight than the original). Although in any case, this is not good.
You can try to take the entire valve folder from the full image.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Madevi Xs
, but I already got it. I wanted to play the original release of the first part, but apparently I can't do it. By the way, in the Valve folder in the full release, there are not even game files as such. Only a couple of folders inside other folders. Apparently those files are loaded from the disk that the game asks for.

E
EpicMorg 28.10.21

DeathColdUA
and from that disk into the folder if you throw it?

R
RestlessDreams91 28.10.21

Interested only in the original or addons too?
I can try to upload the image of the GOTY edition + patch + soundtrack, I need a good exchanger to download and the speed was ok.
Upd. I wrote to the PM.

T
The Potato 01.08.22

DeathCold
There is an option to run Half-Life on the Xash3D engine, where it looks like the WON version, the same menu, etc.
The only thing is that the name on the background does not move like in WON