3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TimSin 28.10.21 10:24 pm

The \ "AMD \" folder weighs 22GB. What can be removed?

I decided to see why there is not enough space. It turned out that the "amd" folder weighs 22 GB, as far as I understand there are old versions of drivers. Maybe you can delete something? It's just that when there was nvidia, the drivers took up less space. Or am I confusing something?
11 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 28.10.21

TimSin Enable
sorting by creation date, delete old ones.

The second option is to delete the video driver, then delete the AMD folder.

V
Vlasov OLEG 28.10.21

Pavel Rally
AMD developers strongly recommend not to demolish old firewood with third-party utilities, but rivers. Unistaller to remove Windows itself, DDU only to the extreme, tk. can delete everything under a clean one, and if there is no built-in, Windows may not see the discrete card and I have to reinstall Windu itself.

P
Pavel rally 28.10.21

Vlasov OLEG
Okay :)

S
Space Ðœarine 28.10.21

Vlasov OLEG
I once cut out DDU Vulkan from faces. wines 10, although the settings in DDU were default. I had to reinstall Windows from scratch, since then I just update the firewood through the Radeon software, and when installing a new video card, I delete the old firewood with the amdcleanuputility utility from AMD.

TimSin
This is the folder where AMD firewood installers are unpacked. These are NOT installed drivers. And after installation, they will be needed by themselves only if you decide to reinstall AMD software. But they can always be downloaded from the AMD website again. Delete or keep - decide for yourself. I personally delete. I have only 1 file in this folder - amdcleanuputility.exe, which removes firewood from AMD. These installers are usually, if I don't forget, I delete them right away.

K
KlausBarbie 28.10.21

you can delete the installers of the radeon (where the video driver is), so you can demolish the amd folder (which, as I understand it, you have stupidly in "C"). he puts them there. And so if only the video card drivers are boldly demolished, nothing will happen.

C
Cyrcus 28.10.21

T
TimSin 28.10.21

I decided to keep a couple of files and ran amdcleanuputility. This was probably my mistake. My drivers have flown off
Now everything is working *

Sha quickly installed the driver from the Internet, cleaned the folder) The place was freed)

M
Marsj 28.10.21

It's simple: delete all folders except for the folder with the installed driver version.

T
TimSin 28.10.21

Marsj
Where is this folder? To look at the latest date and driver version?

S
Space Ðœarine 28.10.21

TimSin
So amdcleanuputility is a program for removing AMD firewood, I wrote about it above. Your drivers did not "fly off", you just deleted them with this program: D
Usually, you need to use this program only if you are changing the video card and you need a clean installation of new drivers or if you want to install an older version of the driver. In all other cases, you can update the firewood directly from the Radeon software.

M
Marsj 28.10.21

TimSin
The driver installers are downloaded to the AMD folder along the path C: AMD, after installing the driver, you can delete the entire folder. Do not delete the folder with the installed driver C: Program Files AMD.