3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Indefio 28.10.21 10:24 pm

Solving the problem of underloading the video card / GPU is not 100% (Assassin's Creed: Origins)

On my Ryzen 2600 + 5600XT config, the video card was not loaded 100%, which is why the fps in the game left much to be desired. At one point, in the vicinity of Alexandria, fps dropped to 30+, which did not satisfy me at all. I experienced similar problems in other Ubisoft games: Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion, but they were solved by iterating over the settings that respond to vertical sync - I set up Sync in the game, enabled it via the Enhanced Sync driver and combined various options. Here, in Origins, it no longer works. But I found a solution.
In simple words - the game works through the DirectX 11 api and this is where more modern Radeon cards may have problems. By adding several files, the game is forced to start through the Vulcan api. The map is loaded as it should be about 100%, fps is high.
Instructions:
Download from here (below 7.76mb)
Spoilerhttps: //github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.9.2
Unpack the archive and upload the files to the root of the game.

Before
Spoiler
FPS at the lowest point 40+, the map is loaded 70%

After
Spoiler

NOTE! There are rare statters (seen in the screenshot). But they are really very rare. And crashes are possible

Try other games as well!
4 Comments
Sort by:
P
POLKOVNIK2005 28.10.21

Indefio
Checked, FPS has not changed.

z
zEmberg 28.10.21

Indefio
Listen, can you do this with Days gone?

P
Pavel rally 28.10.21

zEmberg
The DXVK program is very muddy, I didn't understand how it works.

I
Indefio 28.10.21

zEmberg
Try it. I only have two games installed right now.