3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Makarowka 28.10.21 10:24 pm

Processor warming up (Detroit: Become Human)

Good afternoon. I
faced the fact that in the game the processor heats up quite strongly, while it is not loaded to the maximum. Also, the temperature jumps incomprehensibly, for example, from 75 per second to 90+. And yesterday, in the same scene, the temperature periodically jumped to 101-102 degrees, but almost instantly dropped below 100.
In the same RDR2, there are no problems with CPU heating above 85 degrees, and if the temperature rises / falls, then smoothly. Processor
and video laptop:
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor, 8-core, 16 threads with integrated graphics.
Video card mobile RTX 2060, 6 GB.
I cleaned it less than a month ago, the thermal paste also changed.
Video for clarity.
24 Comments
Sort by:
M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Pavel Rally
This is a laptop, the maximum that I can take off is the bottom, but no one does that)
I am surprised by the heating in this particular game. As I wrote, there are no such temperatures in RDR2.

M
Marsj 28.10.21

The inline is displayed and running. Is that how it should be?

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Marsj is displayed
in all games. Honestly, I don't know if it should display and work. In the control panel, all games are set to run with a discrete video card. If you disable the integrated graphics in the device manager, the games slow down, lol.

M
Marsj 28.10.21

And if you disable the embedding in the BIOS?

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Marsj
I have never tried this. Will be needed.

B
Be3yH4eG 28.10.21

Makarowka Prots is pushing
for two vidyahi! Cut down the insertion in the BIOS!

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Be3yH4eG Turned
off. Only the GPU consumption has changed, now it is always 99%, with the processor the same bullshit, a sharp jump to 100-104, then a gradual drop to ~ 84, and then again jumps, not always to ~ 100, but periodically.

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Could this be due to the fact that the game uses Vulkan as an API, and not DirectX 12/11?

M
Marsj 28.10.21

Makarowka The heatsink
does not remove heat, the processor has a maximum core temperature of 105 degrees, look at the thermal paste or such a default boost processor. Look at the processor settings in the BIOS, maybe there is a function to turn off the "boiler".

B
Be3yH4eG 28.10.21

Makarowka
Do you even play with an additional cooling stand?

I
IngwardIn 28.10.21

I understand this is a repack. This game loads the processor heavily, especially there are certain moments when the load exceeds, hence the heating. The way out is to look for the latest version of the game with fixes.
In principle, the temperature is about acceptable, if it just jumps to such values ​​- 105, then not everything is so bad.

Or try:
- to reduce the processor's work in the power circuit

-or In the parameters of win10 - in the display-graphics settings section, try to set the performance mode for this game ... What would the GPU type work harder (probably nonsense, but I'd try)

- and Obvious in my opinion is to fix the frequency and voltage through the ryzen Master before starting this game.
Other tips: disable inline, disable pbo (may help, but not practical) - nonsense. Although if you manage to install a tower, it will definitely give a profit. 😅

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Be3yH4eG
Yes, with stand. But, honestly, I'm not sure how effective it is. It seems like 2/5 coolers are blown straight into the air intake hole, but I'm not sure. Other coolers 100% only cool the bottom

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

IngwardIn
Thanks, I'll try.
But about disabling the integrated vidyuhi in BIOS, according to the idea, it's even better. At initial use, Windows saw only one video card for me. Only after reinstalling Windows, the laptop began to use the integrated one, mb was originally conceived.

B
Be3yH4eG 28.10.21

Makarowka Try
Bran Turbo Boost. In the power supply of the processor, set not 100 percent but 99. Or in the BIOS, I just do not know how to cut it out on the Intel in the BIOS. In principle, if you put 99 through the power supply, then it will automatically turn off Turboboost.

I
IngwardIn 28.10.21

Be3yH4eG
Ryzen is not intel.

B
Be3yH4eG 28.10.21

IngwardIn
Turbocor in BIOS then turn off try.

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

All in all. Everything was decided by the advice of IngwardIn and Be3yH4eG, namely, reducing the load on the processor in the power supply parameters from 100% to 99%. For 5 minutes, the temperature did not rise above 51, while earlier in the menu it was already around 75. But, at the same time, the FPS decreased (completely turned off the unlock on the FPS in the game), but not critical. If earlier the FPS jumped from 80 to 120, now it almost always jumps from 60 to 90, periodically dropping to 57 for 1-2 seconds with a sharp turn of the camera.
Thank you all very much for your advice and help!)

B
Be3yH4eG 28.10.21

Fps will drop of course, but if it's critical then set the frequency manually in the BIOS, a little less than the turbo core. Like if 4.0 turbo-core to 4.8 put 4.5. Something like this.

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

Be3yH4eG
I have not seen the frequency setting in BIOS, but I will revise it for everyone, thanks.

M
Makarowka 28.10.21

In general, I did not find the possibility of limiting frequencies in the BIOS, it may be necessary to update the BIOS.
But I decided to go into the MSI Afterburn monitoring, and saw that when the processor was limited, the frequency was limited from 4300 to low 1900. Googling, I found a way out of the situation.
In the registry at this address HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet001 Control Power PowerSettings 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00 be337238-0d82-4146-a960-4f3749d470c7 in be337238 ... you need to change the Attributes parameter from 1 to 2. Then in the power supply parameters, in the processor power management, the 4th tab "Processor performance enhancement mode" appears and there, instead of Aggressive, you can select Disable. In this case, the processor frequency becomes 2900.