3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JoYoung 28.10.21 10:37 pm

Make a computer out of a laptop?

Hi guys. I got a laptop with a torn-off screen, a problem keyboard and a dead Akum, but I don't want to throw it away, or repair it, since there is no point. Technically, he has the following capabilities: i5 2450m with intel hd 3000, amd 7670m, 8 gigs of memory. Now it is rubbish, but, as I was told in 2011, it was super, so I'm thinking of making it a playstation for everyone's junk.
Are there those who have already tried to do such a perversion? What are the nuances when "assembling" the case? And, most importantly, is there any message in this at all?
5 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 28.10.21

Station? You can connect a monitor to it and the point will be the same - the monitor also got free or is lying around unnecessary.

P
Patrick star online 28.10.21

From the described, I see no problem. Connect an external monitor, keyboard + mouse to it and you can use it.
There may be features with temperatures and overheating of components in games. 10 years of iron already.
At least you can use it as a workstation. If possible, install an SSD.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.10.21

if the motor works, then you can simply glue it with electrical tape on the back side of the monitor, removing all unnecessary and connect the usb hub and there will be pitch. True, the vertical position of my laptop for some reason can be seen to overheat there, the heat pipes are so conceived.
does it make sense? - except for the working pitch from which you can go online if it happens with the main set, then no. I would not millet throw away semi-working equipment.

J
JoYoung 28.10.21

MunchkiN 616 We
tried to do this, but the matrix got flooded and the backlight died.

r
requiemmm 28.10.21

I would give him cooling in the first place. You cannot mount it on a monitor, because it will fry the power supply of this monitor with its exhaust, which is exactly what happened :) Remember, there were horizontal cases for a PC? To put the monitor on top? Here and there, take a piece of chipboard from an unnecessary cabinet, make a drawer, cut this half of the laptop into the top wall, two fans into the side ones, one for blowing out, the other for blowing. You can even just use a desk drawer or something. Work for two hours, if physically have hands.

As for the power, even this is enough for small-caliber office tasks and old games. You can't draw a schedule, of course, but you can hammer out the texts, in the breaks, hanging in some wargame or an old GTA. You don't need to, so a relative or friend will draw, sooner or later, so a spare PC will not be superfluous.