3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21 10:41 pm

Screen turns black during damage (You Are Empty)

Actually such a problem. I have long wanted to play this game, today I downloaded a pirate, because now you can get a license where you can get it. I installed the game, all its components, launched, configured and started playing, but when they hit you in the game, or when you pick up items such as healers, cartridges, weapons, etc., then the screen in the game fades, becoming black. At the same time, the interface with the life sensor and other things is visible, but the screen itself turns black. So, I would like to know if there is a way how to fix this? After all, it is so inconvenient to play, because I stupidly do not see anything in the game around me. Below is a screenshot of this bug:

Game version 1.3.3 with an unofficial patch, which is designed to improve the optimization of the game. The game was already patched when I downloaded it.
11 Comments
Sort by:
D
DEATHSHADOW16 28.10.21

There is a solution on one of the forums https://www.old-games.ru/forum/threads/you-are-empty.62482/

helped me, but the minus is that the effects of hitting you and another trifle are removed, but it's better that way

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

DEATHSHADOW16
I tried this solution but it doesn't work for me. Yes, it helped to remove the blackout of the screen, but then another problem arises: it becomes difficult for you to understand where they hit you and whether you picked up the object or not. Right now I'm downloading another repack, licensed, where there is another patch but separately. I'll try to play the license with the mounted image. Suddenly there will be no such canoe on it.

C
Corp238 28.10.21

DeathColdUA
Download unpatched version. I think it will work.

D
DEATHSHADOW16 28.10.21

DeathColdUA
try it from the old game download site

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

Corp238
Just downloaded. Then I will check. Maybe everything will work fine on the regular version.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

DEATHSHADOW16
Good. If the version that I have just downloaded does not solve this problem, then I will try from there later.

D
DarkNezias_Gebeine 28.10.21

The game needs to be searched for on torrents, it was in the bundle pack without drm protection.
Perhaps the version that you have has its own glitches. As an option. And so - all versions can have this bug.

D
DarkNezias_Gebeine 28.10.21

I see two versions on the root - 1.2 (1 distribution) and 1.3.3 (3 repacks) and everyone complains about the launch of the game, and other minor problems.
and by the way - I read the comment:
NOTE. On Windows 7/10, it is better to run the game in the compatibility mode with Windows XP. in this case the game always starts (does not freeze) and the "You are Empty" splash screen is shown.
Most likely a game with your cuckoos.
///
On the site of the khatab there is a repack with a tweaked tablet for version 1.2

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

DarkNezias_Gebeine
I have just downloaded a StarForce DRM protected license repack. But then a joke awaited me, which lies in the fact that this protection is incompatible with Win 7, therefore, the Windows driver of this protection disabled immediately after restarting the computer. Without DRM protection and with a patch, the game has problems with this screen dimming when picking up items.

The previous version was downloaded from the rutor website, a repack from the Beetle in the anthill, but upon installation it says that RG Games. I downloaded this repack from the Rutracker website. Repack from the Traveler. I installed it according to the instructions, but I also tried to run it without a crack. I have already described the result. There is also a problem with darkening when picking up items.

D
DeathColdUA 28.10.21

DEATHSHADOW16
I was just looking for a repack at old games, but it doesn't even smell like such a game. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place, I don't know, but it looks like I'll have to turn off this blackout manually and then play with a broken game, without the effect of damage and picking up items. It's a pity :(

M
Magnum 500 28.10.21

As I understand it, it's okay to play Devastated on 10tke?
I love this game and play it once every 2-3 years, but until now I played only on the seven