3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex_2021 28.10.21 10:41 pm

Remaster on Windows 7 (Alan Wake)

Hello everyone! Who was able to run and play Alan Wake Remastered on Windows 7? At startup I have an error "The entry point to the SetThreadDescription procedure was not found in the DLL KERNEL32.dll".
That is, the game is only on DirecX12 and, accordingly, there is no way to play on Windows 7?
7 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 28.10.21

There and in the requirements of Win 10 64-bit is specified.

A
Alex_2021 28.10.21

kurskiy
Thanks for the answer! I certainly saw this requirement too. But from experience I can say that games are often launched on hardware that is clearly below the stated minimum requirements for the game. Actually, the essence of the question is this - who managed to run the game on Windows 7 and what dances with a tambourine must be done for this.

E
Ely maze 28.10.21

kurskiy
there are such cases that games in which 10k are launched on 7k

example remaster Neighbors back From Hell

r
razorfieldz 28.10.21

Vin 11 64x pro, the characteristics are recommended, 25 frames (any settings), optimization of the waiting time.
As there was a glitch after the launch of this game, the switching of languages ​​in the system through: shift + alto disappears, nothing has changed, it just got worse, the game starts in DH 12, not impressed.

E
Evil in the flеsh 28.10.21

Alex_2021
Probably such people who create problems for themselves will probably always surprise. If you just do not digest "ten" at all, but "idolize" the seven directly. Then install 10 with the second system and there is no problem, why look for some ways to start, etc.?

k
kotasha 28.10.21

The point is right now to sit on 7k, right now it's better to put 10k if new games are needed, 7 is needed current if there are problems with some games.

A
Alex_2021 28.10.21

The topic is closed, thank you all for your participation!
I updated my "worthless seven" to "divine ten" with all the data saved and the game started predictably.