3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kay Ovald 28.10.21 10:45 pm

Impressions from the game Impostor Factory (Impostor Factory)

Impostor Factory (To the Moon X)

The author did his best to induce mystery, they say, the continuation is either a prequel or a sidequel. This ... you will see for yourself. :)
The author said that you can play this game without playing the rest. Well, you can, of course, only miss the fierce part of the final impressions. So play these great games by release date. Moreover, it would be nice to replay them, as I did. It was wonderful.

In the first act, we will have a great horror movie in a mysterious house. Then there is a somewhat prolonged act with the story of the characters, where we almost only watch the scenes. Well, and a gorgeous ending, where we finally understand what is actually happening and it's very cool.
Unfortunately, this is not another case of one of my favorite game couples, Dr. Watts and Dr. Rosalyn, although it was not without them. But little, little crime. However, there is Long Cat and Risobot, at least some consolation.
As always, great humor, albeit less, more mysterious and unexpected, good drama.
We have noticeably tightened up the technical component. The character has learned to run, is better controlled. Not so ugly pixelated anymore. And in some places they made such beauty that it was already breathtaking. It can be seen that they took a step forward, retaining the atmosphere.
It's still great music, although in the previous parts it was more memorable (especially in the first one).
In general, everything is as we love.
10/10
1 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 09.01.22

Once again I catch myself thinking that it is the projects of Kang Gao and his Canadian studio Freebird Games (primarily To the Moon, Finding Paradise and now Impostor Factory) that can be called one of the most touching examples of modern creativity, despite the fact that they are all executed on a simple RPG Maker XP engine.

The story of Impostor Factory begins in a country mansion, where the protagonist of the game, a young man named Quincy, arrives at the invitation of an elderly couple of professors who want to present something amazing to the assembled guests. It is there that Quincy meets a girl named Linry, who behaves a little strangely, and later the GG stumbles upon the corpses of that same elderly couple and discovers that the local "washstand" on the first floor is able to "restart" events, returning the hero back in time.

Yes, the story of Impostor Factory is a story about time and about the choices we make in difficult times. It skillfully combines drama, comedy, science fiction, thriller ... In it, as in other projects of the studio, the issues of reality and illusion, life and death are traditionally raised. This is a very touching and memorable project. But I strongly recommend going through Impostor Factory only after To the Moon and Finding Paradise, because otherwise there will be questions about the final.

Another gift for lovers of good stories. Doctors Watts and Rosalyn alter the memory of dying people to fulfill their cherished desires, and Kang Gao - the hearts of people who played in his beautiful creations.

8/10