3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Magic person 29.10.21 10:53 pm

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven

Well, who played? Share your impressions!

5 Comments
Sort by:
M
MorLAN 29.10.21

Well, first of all, this is a continuation of the 1st Tenchu. The 2nd was the prequel of the story. At the end of the 1st game, Rikimaru (the main hero) sacrificed his life to complete the task. Ayame managed to escape ... but as it turned out Rikimaru survived the 3rd Tenchu. continuation of the story of 2 avengers. I did not play myself.

There will be time ... Recently, the release of a new Tenchu ​​took place.
This is a type of spin-off. For an amateur, so to speak. : love:

A
Artiom 29.10.21

I'm already playing Tenchu: Fatal Shadows.

I'll tell you, I'm very pleased, despite the fact that the series hasn't progressed much since Tenchu: Birth of Steals Assasins, I'm satisfied (the best enemy of the good, some things can't be changed).

I am pleased with the great atmosphere (the most important thing in tench), and the graphics (although this is not MGS3), and the setting, and the style.

A lot of small chips have been added to the game, making the subject even more enjoyable in all respects (at least for the fan). Boss battles (like boss battle mode in MGS2: Substance), opening galleries of characters, the ability to watch videos from the game and a bunch of other (so far closed for viewing) staff, fan service on the verge of fantasy, the only stone in the FROM vegetable garden is the lack of sound menu to listen to music (oh, how we had fun with this in Tenchu: Stealth Assasins).

Well, I'll tell you about the plot. Here is the plot chronology of all 4 parts.
1. Tenchu: Birth of Stealth Assasins (part 2)
2. Tenchu: Stealth Assasins (part 1)
3. Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (part 4)
4. Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (part 3)
That is, the action of Fatal Shadows takes place between Stealth Assasins and Wrath of Heaven (in which we see the return from the shadow of Rikimaru). At the time of FS action, Rikimaru, the head of the Azuma clan, is considered dead under the rubble after the battle with Lord Mei O. Yes, Ayame remains the last representative of the Azuma clan, since the head of the clan is considered dead (Rikimaru died saving Lord Gothi's daughter, Kiku), now she is a new the head of the clan and, at the same time, his only fighter. Gotha sends Ayame on a reconnaissance raid along the borders of his domain, and this is where the game begins. One night Ayame stumbles upon a burning village, which, in principle, is not surprising in times of bloody troubles and "good neighborly massacres." The village clearly belonged to the warriors-shadows, because everything around is littered with their corpses, apparently there was a fierce battle. Ayame scouts the area and stumbles upon a young kunoichi Rin, a resident of this village, who believes that Ayame was the one who arranged it all. As a result of a short scuffle, Rin is left alone with her pain and losses, so the young kunoichi Rin in a kitsune mask begins her journey. The characters are not chosen this time, the plot is played strictly linearly, certain missions, certain Persians (of which there are 2e for now, but I think according to the old tradition there will be the third, secret).

Here's what I'll tell you about the gameplay. But in principle, there is nothing to tell, since it has not undergone any special changes. New: skills are now learned for scrolls of stealth kills, stealth with aiming at the enemy (useful in boss battles), double stealth kills, the ability to carry corpses (returned from Tenchu: BoSA). The old, time-tested gameplay and this tradition is for some reason not annoying, but on the contrary, touches, the game is conservative like Japan itself, the spirit of which it wants to convey.

I will also say about the graphics. Nice, very pleasant, we introduced cosmetic changes to the Wrath of Heaven engine, which I liked visually and so, here it is definitely more beautiful, candles, light from them, falling leaves. Yes, this is not MGS3, but the game is visually fascinating in its own way (although maybe this is my subjective opinion as a fan). Mockup on heroes, good animation, everything goes fast enough and FPS does not fall anywhere, very nice overall. As for blood, I've heard complaints here, don't believe it, the fountains of black blood gushing out of those opponents look much more cruel than in WoH.

The management is the same, there is nothing to say on this issue, and why should it be changed?

In general, I expected to see what I saw in principle and a little more, heh, how I missed Tench, perhaps the most original and best ninja game.

PS It is because of these games that I love PS2: up:

PPS This time, no idiotic and pseudo-historical "ninja-something", the people are armed with short "ninja-gatana". : up:

B
Bonker 29.10.21

In Wrath of Heaven, the camera pissed me off, so can you twist it any way you want or not? And the settings of the last levels in Wrath of Heaven are not at all correct. Whether it's a bamboo forest.

A
Artiom 29.10.21

The right analogue is responsible for the camera, I have not experienced any special problems with it.

W
Wawan 29.10.21

: help: damn it! where to download Mouzon from tenchu ​​W&H?