3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
30.10.21 08:42 pm

Quake

Here's my message - Quake rulezzz!

124 Comments
Sort by:
q
qdash 30.10.21

And after simulating another 400 hours already in Steam, I decided to quit. More precisely, I thought it was time to tie up and then a "miracle" happened - the PC rebooted and the config went off, but I do not remember all my settings ... That's all. Now it is already clear that it is TIME TO TIE. More than 3K matches played only in Quake Live. Moreover, the 3K barrier was overcome last week. )

[media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNFgq_tZ50o&feature=youtu.be&list=PL81RL9OKZHKQ1cdRj4uKp6zn_RBrWgIOK [/ media]

The most powerful final of the last 125 FPS Cup. QuakeCon starts in a week and it will be the last tribute to the series, at least for me. It's funny and a little sad at heart to read on esreality topics like: "id don't promise anything new for QL this year."

A great game, of course, and a series too, because this is the same hardcore hardcore that will never be anywhere else. It remains to be hoped that Bethesda / id will have enough eggs for a sequel, that QL will not be limited. I don't think there are many chances, 10-20% of all ...

s
sergjarov84 30.10.21

[b] [member = -dD -] [/ b], And I didn't play that much - I live far from the city, the Internet via USB-modem and ping is just brutal. There is no less than 200-300. And sometimes it lags so much that 999 shows, since there are no more numbers there. There is no point in shooting from the rail. Although I played somehow. I played for 3 months and then began to drive on LAN with friends. But it's not so interesting - they almost never stand me up and quickly bothers me. It is a pity that there is no worthy sequel to Quake that would make the same revolution as part 3

O
OffensiveBias 30.10.21

Starts:

CKnc2rPXAAIoprI.jpg

q
qdash 30.10.21

At its peak, Quakecon viewers reached 10,000. Not bad for a dead game.

a
aRmOnDo 30.10.21

I went here to this Quake Live. Skill has lost everything, is being blown to shreds, he did not even take third place in ffa. At one time I drove the best in the class in Q3, although, most likely, this is because everyone else was driving at that time in CS (which I hate).

v
voyager 30.10.21

Good news everyone!

QL update coming soon, some important points:

- Loadouts have been removed, but server owners will still be able to enable them
- Official servers will be disabled in the near future, but now it will be possible to run their servers as in ku3, there will also be LAN support
- VAC anti
- cheat - Perhaps an increase in the damage of the shaft
- all deleted maps will be returned
- will be a dls with a dismemberment
- Steam workshop

- Achievements

This is the last QL update, in other words, now only the community will support the game, thanks at least they didn't decide to just close the game.

q
qdash 30.10.21

[member = 'voyager'], this is essentially a farewell tour for Quake Live. They squeezed everything out of him. 

One campaign from the online tops of the last time muddied a gruesome frag movie:

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTvv6jxoLc [/ media]

If anyone does not know, a certain Romka Tarasenko, known as Polosat1y, launched his own site dedicated to quake - quake.tv, there are a number of videos, mostly of an archival nature, including those with his comments.

Like here:

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgkRukPiMEc [/ media]

Modified October 17, 2015 by -dD-

q
qdash 30.10.21

Great nice movie dedicated to Quake 4:

[media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzWpsefH4n4&vq=hd1080 [/ media]

Rumor has it that it is possible to return slides from Q4 to QL, which would radically change the gameplay of the latter.

H
Hail caesar 30.10.21

id transferred QL to Steamworks and set a $ 7 price tag
http://store.steampowered.com/app/282440/

The funny thing is that those who previously installed the game, for those who have it, it has no problem attached to the account.

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

lol why did it become paid

v
voyager 30.10.21

Because this is no longer free2play, but simply bought and you play as much as you want, there is no more podiski.

Modified October 27, 2015 by voyager

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

hmm, the subscription included various chips, including a dedicated servo, now everyone has it?

HAHAHAHA, it turns out they've erased the whole statue in 5 years, people have an impossible fire

q
qdash 30.10.21

The most annoying thing is that all my friends have disappeared. : C We have to frendit again through Steam already. Well, NOOBS. Padla, you even write F1 to them, they say it's a creature, you don't have enough brains to press - PPC is simple.

q
qdash 30.10.21

http://www.playground.ru/blogs/other/novyj_quake_upominaetsya_v_spiske_vakansij_id_software-195700/

With which I congratulate everyone. However, it was highly expected that if Doom took off, Bethesda would not ignore the famous id franchise. I hope id still remember that Quake was originally a game about duels with rocket girls and rocket jumps and will focus on this, because another Toxikk or Reflex will be completely out of topic.

A
Adamantius 30.10.21

1 hour ago, -dD- said:

I hope id still remembers that Quake was originally a game about dueling rocket girls and rocket jumps.

So the first quack was about something completely different, but okay = D

Modified May 18, 2016 by CityGhost

q
qdash 30.10.21

@CityGhost So the first Kwaka was about multiplayer basically, in the second part the situation worsened, and in the third it was generally decided that the singleplayer passage was not an obligatory thing for a game called Quake. The office, which was entrusted with Doom, rather skillfully beat Dumts' multiplayer, provided that Doom was always essentially meaty fun and only when Quake appeared did it all begin to turn into an e-sports discipline. Then there was such a thing as CPMA, the mechanics seemed to be the same as in QuakeWorld, only with the railgun and Q3 content in general - it didn't take off. Painkiller, Warsow and other attempts to read the CPMA in their own way ended up in exactly the same way. Therefore, I see no reason for id to make another CPMA, otherwise it is a mystery covered in darkness, provided a modern game dev needs to make games, which should play about equally well on both consoles and PCs. If Quake's multiplayer is about the same as Doom's multiplayer came out, then developers and publishers will simply be mixed with shit. I don't even know how id will get out of this situation, probably based on the experience with Doom, how it happened with Doom in relation to Wolfenstein. I still have hope that eventually Bethesda & Co. They will muddy the carbon monoxide network card to the new Duma, even if this requires 1-2 DLC and another half a year, a year of work - all the same, such games are not made in 3 years. But looking at the new Doom as it is already not particularly scary for Quake - in time id will now have a wagon, and the experience in the new conditions began to bear fruit unexpectedly well (after Doom 3 and especially Rage, the new Doom is too cool). how the Duma multiplayer came out, then developers and publishers will simply be mixed with shit. I don't even know how id will get out of the situation, probably based on the experience with Doom, how it happened with Doom in relation to Wolfenstein. I still have hope that eventually Bethesda & Co. They will muddy the carbon monoxide network card to the new Duma, even if this requires 1-2 DLC and another half a year, a year of work - all the same, such games are not made in 3 years. But looking at the new Doom as it is already not particularly scary for Quake - in time id will now have a wagon, and the experience in the new conditions began to bear fruit unexpectedly well (after Doom 3 and especially Rage, the new Doom is too cool). how the Duma multiplayer came out, then developers and publishers will simply be mixed with shit. I don't even know how id will get out of this situation, probably based on the experience with Doom, how it happened with Doom in relation to Wolfenstein. I still have hope that eventually Bethesda & Co. They will muddy the carbon monoxide network card to the new Duma, even if this requires 1-2 DLC and another half a year, a year of work - all the same, such games are not made in 3 years. But looking at the new Doom as it is already not particularly scary for Quake - in time id will now have a wagon, and the experience in the new conditions began to bear fruit unexpectedly well (after Doom 3 and especially Rage, the new Doom is too cool). how it turned out with Doom in relation to Wolfenstein. I still have hope that eventually Bethesda & Co. They will muddy the carbon monoxide network card to the new Duma, even if this requires 1-2 DLC and another half a year, a year of work - all the same, such games are not made in 3 years. But looking at the new Doom as it is already not particularly scary for Quake - in time id will now have a wagon, and the experience in the new conditions began to bear fruit unexpectedly well (after Doom 3 and especially Rage, the new Doom is too cool). how it turned out with Doom in relation to Wolfenstein. I still have hope that eventually Bethesda & Co. They will muddy the carbon monoxide network card to the new Duma, even if this requires 1-2 DLC and another half a year, a year of work - all the same, such games are not made in 3 years. But looking at the new Doom as it is already not particularly scary for Quake - in time id will now have a wagon, and the experience in the new conditions began to bear fruit unexpectedly well (after Doom 3 and especially Rage, the new Doom is too cool).

a
aRmOnDo 30.10.21

They can, in principle, score on a single, it won't hurt. The main thing is that the gameplay is good and the situation is not the same as now with UT, where content is only now accumulating. I don't want to see such experiments.

J
Jake crusher 30.10.21

In addition to the fact that the day before yesterday was 20 years of the first Quake (which I wrote about here, for example), MachineGames (I suppose they don't need an introduction?) Released a separate episode for the game.

q
qdash 30.10.21

The dudes recreate Q1 on the UE4 engine:

A
Adamantius 30.10.21

Wow. Just wow. WANT.