3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mountain View 30.10.21 08:46 pm

The invincible

lJNh9XZ.jpg

https://www.invinciblethegame.com

DEVELOPER: Starward Industries

PUBLISHER: Starward Industries

PLATFORMS: PC, PS5, XBOX S / X

RELEASE DATE: 2022

Natives of CD Projekt RED and Techland presented The Invincible - a game based on the novel by Stanislav Lem 

With a non-linear story in a retrofuturistic setting.

The Invincible is the debut project of the Polish studio Starward Industries, founded by former employees of CD Projekt RED and Techland. The developers call it a "sci-fi first-person thriller", where the development of the plot will depend on the decisions of the player.

The events of The Invincible take place in an alternative timeline, where the Cold War between the United States and the USSR did not end, and even the most advanced technologies remained analogous - in the aesthetics of the atompunk.

The game will take place on the planet Regis III, where the main character, along with other members of the space expedition, went on a deadly mission. He has to survive in a hostile world and find out what happened to his colleagues using advanced analog devices and technology.

The plot is based on Stanislav Lem's novel "Invincible", first published in 1964 - but the developers note that this is more a story based on the original book, preserving its atmosphere.

The release of The Invincible is scheduled for 2021 - the game already has a page on Steam.

JcLAKv4.jpg

9kdHClf.jpg

FwdZilZ.jpg

9Dtz3V8.jpg

data-controller = "core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"

The Invincible is a sci-fi FPS coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X from a new studio of former CD Projekt Red and Techland developers

And we speak to studio CEO Marek Markuszewski all about it

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-invincible-ps5-xbox-series-x-announced/

Starward Industries has been secretly at work on The Invincible for quite some time now, but today's reveal has confirmed that the game is targeting PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X for a release in the latter half of next year, with plans to upgrade development to Epic's Unreal Engine 5.

13 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mountain View 30.10.21

XMxVBLK.jpg

"We were inspired by Firewatch and Alien: Isolation": interview with the developers of The Invincible 

The legacy of Stanislav Lem in the form of a video game.

On September 15, The Invincible was announced, a retro-futuristic sci-fi first-person thriller based on Stanislav Lem's novel Invincible. In it, the hero investigates the disappearance of the ship's crew on the planet Regis III. Starward Industries studio is working on the game - it was founded by natives of CD Projekt RED and Techland. And The Invincible is their debut project, and will be released in 2021.

We talked to Marek Markuszewski, founder of Starward Industries and head of development, about who is behind the creation of the game, how the gameplay works, non-linearity and battles, and much more.

https://dtf.ru/gameindustry/222144-my-vdohnovlyalis-firewatch-i-alien-isolation-intervyu-s-razrabotchikami-the-invincible

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

Dear Crew Member,

It has been some time since we announced "Invincible" to the world. The welcome we received was simply amazed. Never, even in our wildest dreams, did we expect to receive so many positive reviews, words of support and suggestions.

We are very pleased to see that there are many Lem fans among you too! So thanks for all your feedback. This gave us a very strong push to keep going forward.

We are working hard on the game and over time we will show you more material on it. In the meantime, here are some screenshots from the game that have been used as exclusives for some sites.

Starward Industries

First look at "Invincible" in action, filmed on the game engine - Unreal Engine 4

9w4Q3iW.gif

The game will take place on the planet Regis III, where the main character, along with other members of the space expedition, went on a deadly mission. He has to survive in a hostile world and find out what happened to his colleagues using advanced analog devices and technology.

The plot is based on Stanislav Lem's novel "Invincible", first published in 1964 - but the developers note that this is more a story based on the original book, preserving its atmosphere.

The Invincible is scheduled to release in 2021.

05Cymtw.png

jCP6Ioc.png

m1y9o6C.png

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

Fantastic thriller The Invincible based on the novel by Stanislav Lem has increased budget, but the release of the game was postponed to 2022

https://dtf.ru/gameindustry/698511-fantasticheskomu-trilleru-the-invincible-po-romanu-stanislava-lema-uvelichili-byudzhet-no-reliz-igry-perenesli-na-2022-god

K
KuP9I 30.10.21

Even if I missed the announcement of this game, it looks cool.

PS Mountain View What does the theme do in Action if you have it written right in the title that it will be FPS?: 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

KuP9I Lost in space, it happens : rasta: 

Transferred.

J
JasonWU 30.10.21

: 57a8bd5cb224b_FROG12:

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

And what is so little, give more  : frog32:

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

I hope the rules are joker, and not a walker with tryndezhi, otherwise I will not swing!

: icon_mrgreen:

F
FKNerv 30.10.21

This is not how I imagined visuals when I read the novel.

If they follow it, it will be more a walking simulator than a shooter.

And why Mr. Baba? Somehow I don’t remember that there were women in the novel at all.

Modified October 15 by FKNerv

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

1 hour ago, FKNerv said:

And why Mr. Baba?

FKNerv strong and independent are in fashion now : 57a8bd5b0d1ba_FROG5:

H
Humidifier 30.10.21

Another game that was announced at the very beginning of development and which will be released, hell knows when, if at all. : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

3 minutes ago, Humidifier said:

Another game that was announced at the very beginning of development and which will be released, hell knows when, if at all. : 57a8bd5a0af02_FROG1:

7OFbypj.jpg

K
KRIZZ 30.10.21

Didn't know that Lifeless Planet decided to remaster in the first person : 57a8bd5c741d1_FROG11: