3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mountain View 30.10.21 09:19 pm

RoboCop: Rogue City

NhWm4U7.jpg

Become a cult cop, half man, half car

and try to bring justice to the dangerous, crime-ridden streets of Detroit.

Release date: 2023

Developer: Teyon

Publisher: Nacon

Platforms: PC & consoles

The creators of Terminator: Resistance presented a shooter in the Robocop universe - details and first arts 

The announcement of a game called RoboCop: Rogue City took place as part of the presentation of Nacon Connect 2021, where the first teaser was presented.

Developed by the Polish studio Teyon, known for the shooters Terminator: Resistance, as well as Rambo: The Video Game. The game is planned to be released in 2023 on PC and consoles (which ones have not yet been specified).

Details about Rogue City and several promo art have appeared on the game's Steam page.

It will be a single-player first-person shooter set in the future of Detroit, or rather, on the streets of Old Detroit.

Whether the protagonist of the original film, police officer Alex Murphy, who was brought back to life with the help of technology and robotic prostheses, will become the main character of the game is unclear. However, the description of Rogue City mentions the Auto-9 pistol, which Murphy used in the films for the franchise.

In addition, the developers promise a "completely new" storyline for the series, as well as "the ability to independently decide how to carry out the main directives." Apparently, players will sometimes be presented with a choice as they play through.

The title from Teyon is far from the first Robocop game. Among other things, based on the franchise, they released three titles based on the first three films, as well as the RoboCop Versus Terminator crossover. The latest game about Robocop is a shareware mobile shooter, released in 2014, to the release of a movie remake.

EI0NjA7.jpg

mLFT9JZ.jpg

UYBMcxI.jpg

jDivs9j.jpg

data-controller = "core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"

11 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lordsky 30.10.21

I almost finished from the announcement. For a long time I have ceased to be really happy about any announcements, but here I just cheered up. It is a pity that in 23 only.: frog35:

J
JasonWU 30.10.21

They directly target the iconic action films of the 80s. : troll_face_5:

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

Robocop VS Terminator (1993) on Shoga was wiped out in childhood. How many hours were played in it is difficult to say now, a lot, a lot. There were three parts of the game for the dandy before the shogi. It's scary to remember the first one now. But then there was Robocop 2, difficult and crooked in management, on the engine and from the same developers and publishers of Ocean Software, who made the same curve for Darkman. And there was also cool, but criminally short Robocop 3 after all of them, not crooked already, thank God, the music from which everyone who heard at least once remembered for a long time. I remember how I turned on the game and just sat listening to this intro in the menu for a long time in a circle over and over again.

A masterpiece of the 8-bit era. An iconic, epic theme.

Jeroen Tel is a genius who squeezed out everything he could out of iron at the time of 18 years.

T
Tuborg 30.10.21

I don't really know how you can make an interesting robocop game without violating the authenticity, given its invulnerability to bullets, slow walking, automatic frames around enemies and other volhacs. Authors will have to try very hard at coming up with interesting situations, but hope boom, figly 

T
TA_Rubedo 30.10.21

Tuborg In the terminator game, terminators also have a vulnerability to conventional bullets. So...

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

1 hour ago, Tuborg said:

I don't really know how you can make an interesting robocop game without violating the authenticity, given its invulnerability to bullets, slow walking, automatic frames around enemies and other volhacs. Authors will have to try very hard at coming up with interesting situations, but hope boom, figly 

Also plagued by vague doubts about the fun of the gameplay.

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

It seems to me that the third person view would be better than the first in such a game.

Well, yes, we are waiting for the gameplay.

G
Grantovich 30.10.21

Just if you remember how he moves and what a modest arsenal he has, then against the background of modern jokers, this may seem very dull, and the acceleration and winding up of the mechanic will already break the canon.

ajvQ0fSLoiA.jpg? size = 1080x1350 & quality = 9

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

not bad, so the guys hyped on the terminator, although it played more role that there were no normal games in the franchise for a hundred years

here, in theory, the same situation

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

A clone of Mario and Contra with blood: the history of Robocop in games 

How games about the adventures of robotic police officer Alex Murphy have changed on different platforms.

In early July, as part of the presentation of Nacon Connect 2021, the first teaser of the RoboCop: Rogue City game was presented. Apparently, this will be the first big game in 18 years about the classic RoboCop, as it was back in the original 1987 film.

In connection with the announcement, we propose to recall what path the classic Robocop went in the world of video games.

https://dtf.ru/games/802657-klon-mario-i-contra-s-krovyu-istoriya-robokopa-v-igrah

K
KRIZZ 30.10.21

You guys missed this cool game on a hike

D_NQ_NP_7944-MLB5297404522_102013-O.jpg

Everything that Tuborg described (except, perhaps, invulnerability) was here and it was fucking interesting to play : 57a8bd5c01dd0_FROG9: