3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Ligfip1 31.10.21 11:01 am

We happy few

Genre - Action-Adventure / FPS / RPG
Developer - Compulsion Games

Publisher - Gearbox Publishing
Engine - Unreal Engine 4
Platforms - Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release date - 26 Jul. 2016 (Early Access)

August 10, 2018 (Full)

Official website http://www.wehappyfewgame.com/

whflogo-1.png

We Happy Few is the story of a small group of brave and moderately awful people trying to escape from a life in Wellington Wells built on joyful denial. In this alternative England of the 1960s, compliance is at the core of everything. You must fight or merge with the drugged residents, most of whom are unkind to people who do not obey their not quite normal rules.

Uncover the dark history of a retrofuturistic city as you play out the intertwining stories of three quiet rebels, the residents of Wellington Wells. Each of them expresses their strengths and weaknesses by looking at their past, preparing for the future, and engaging in actions that disrupt the peace of an artificially enthusiastic society.

1960s England, Dystopia 
We Happy Few, a story-driven action game set in a retro-futuristic, drug-addicted, alternative 1960s England city, allows you to hide, fight and obey to get out of Joy's delusional, drug-obsessed world.

Three Intertwined Tales
Play as three heroes, each with their own flaws, exploring their own connections to the events surrounding the rebuilding of Wellington Wells. Each of them has their own unique storyline in which they interpret the surrounding events and react to them in their own way. Hiding, obeying and resisting for each of them, along the way, you will encounter black humor, a drop of hope and even correction. 

Your Own
Dystopia We Happy Few cannot be played twice in the same way. While the citizens of Wellington Wells invariably want you to take your dose of Joy, a normatively created world ensures a distinctive and unique We Happy Few experience.

Take your dose of Joy ... or not. You decide.
Customizable Game
In addition to the normatively created world, there are many ways to personalize your We Happy Few experience:
choose the difficulty level designed for beginners or experienced players;
go through the story of the game or create an individual experimental world according to your preferences; 
try one life mode if you want to satisfy all your masochistic needs;
Collect recipes, trash and craft dozens of weapons, tools and devices; 
crawl, fight your way or obey on your way through puzzles and encounters;
fight with your bare hands or with crazy weapons you have created.

Spoiler

Security.jpg

Dancing.jpg

Sally_Character_Showcase.jpg

HouseCuriousBehaviors.jpg

Investigation.jpg

MysteryHouse_01.jpg

Ollie_Character_Showcase.jpg

Spoiler

whf_time_capsule_sm.jpg

The Collector's Edition of The Time Capsule includes:

Replica Bobby Mask and Stand

“You Look Smashing” Sign Lamp

Uncle Jack Alarm Clock

We Happy Few Soundtrack Vinyl

“How to Be Happy” Guide Book

Warning Sign Sticker Sheet Set

Propaganda posters

Modified July 14, 2018 by Ligfip1
29 Comments
Sort by:
P
Piero 31.10.21

When the plot finally appears, we'll see.

While the style is stupid and a dull survivor.

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

Just now, Piero said:

When the plot finally appears, we'll see.

While the style is stupid and a dull survivor.

So there is already a plot LOL

P
Piero 31.10.21

Just now, Ligfip1 said:

How long have you been rolling out? Previously, there was a plot of about 20 minutes like an introduction and then a stupid jerk off with a stick.

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

Just now, Piero said:

How long have you been rolling out? Previously, there was a plot of about 20 minutes like an introduction and then a stupid jerk off with a stick.

Do you see in the cap it says when the full version is released?

P
Piero 31.10.21

6 minutes ago, Ligfip1 said:

4 minutes ago, Ligfip1 said:

Do you see in the cap it says when the full version is released?

August 10, 2018 (Full)

Uh, I didn't understand something, you can see -_-

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

2 minutes ago, Piero said:

Uh, I didn't understand something, you can see -_-

Scene mode is 

but the game has not been released yet

E
ED007 31.10.21

natural singleplayer gameplay!

T
Tonek 31.10.21

Is the project similar to Bioshock?

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

5 hours ago, Tonek said:

Is the project similar to Bioshock?

Yes, judging by the gameplay videos

M
Mountain View 31.10.21

N
Nitrous 31.10.21

Played for 2 hours on PC, I liked it. At least something new. Although, maybe there will not be much further, but the first hours are ok.

P
Paletz 31.10.21

Nitrous The storyline was good, as it was in the first trailers? Or as in the early access build, just a survivor with stupid find-fetch quests?

R
RoadHog 31.10.21

11 hours ago, Nitrous said:

Played for 2 hours on PC, I liked it. At least something new

but it is possible in details, and not figuratively about the new? What's new there? Is there a plot, a plot, and not its semblance as in many games it is now presented?

N
Nitrous 31.10.21

1 hour ago, Paletz said:

Nitrous The storyline was good, as it was in the first trailers? Or as in the early access build, just a survivor with stupid find-fetch quests?

Well, at first glance, this one is about the plot. I do not look like Boishok, it is original, but again, the game is 2 hours and I liked it.

9 minutes ago, RoadHog said:

but it is possible in details, and not figuratively about the new? What's new there? Is there a plot, a plot, and not its semblance as in many games it is now presented?

In general, all that I have seen so far in the game is the melee battalion commander, there was no shooter, the melee combat itself is done normally, there is a block, a strong blow, etc., there is a lethal weapon that stuns and does not kill the opponent, it is possible that if not to kill anyone, it will somehow affect the plot. There is stealth.

There is pumping in the game, represented by three skill trees, you get pumping points for actions in the game, mini quests, such as distracting the enemy, finding a cache, etc.

There are also elements of survival, you can drink water, eat, sleep, collect regs, craft lockpicks, heals, etc., but what is important is that this is all simplified to a comfortable level, but only diversifies the game, at least at the beginning of the game.

There are a lot of notes in the game, there are NPCs who speak, give tasks, help, and vice versa. And apparently, it will be necessary to play several characters, which are also mechanically different, such as several episodes for different ones, in the first we play for Arthur - the editor of a local newspaper, but did not take the medicine. got lula and ended up out of the city in the slums, he looks for his brother and tries to return to the city. Outside the city, all the people are apostates, they are beggars and do not accept this jolly, they hate the townspeople.

Modified on Aug 12, 2018 by Nitrous

P
Piero 31.10.21

1 hour ago, Paletz said:

Was the plot good, as it was in the first trailers?

For a couple of hours - a very good plot.

The atmosphere of bioshock madness is present.

But I can't even stealth at all now, sadly.

Therefore, while I scored on happy.

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

Wow how cool

Thanks for the feedback

H
Hroft23 31.10.21

I went through one plot (they seem to be full-fledged 3) hours in about 10. There are a lot of bugs in the game, but the plot as a whole pulls. The world is empty and there is not much to do in it. You can help people in side effects, but you will not receive any special rewards for this. You can look for scraps of memories around the world .. but somehow I was not carried away. I took only those that came across on my way. Disclosed the relationship of the GG with his brother. The substitute for the version in which he played is that the final cutscene was without subwoofers and it is still not clear how it all ended for GG and what truth he remembered about that incident with his brother.

Spoiler

(although it seems that he did set him up like that ...)

If there was one storyline in the game that I went through, then I would probably give the game 6.5 points (the storyline and lore are generally not bad and slightly outweigh the disadvantages, such as long races in an empty world, collecting rather unnecessary loot, rather clumsy level design (when the crowd rushes after you, there is nowhere to hide, and in cities, the nooks and crannies are rare, and you have to run for a long time with your tail, and then sadly return to where you need to). 7ki is also worthy (although of course it depends on their quality and interestingness, maybe they are worse than the original one).

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

I downloaded a pirate to look at
all 2k expensive for a raw game

L
Ligfip1 31.10.21

played for an hour - the handmade game is
very cool, I even wanted to buy)

N
Nitrous 31.10.21

19 hours ago, Ligfip1 said:

played for an hour - the handmade game is
very cool, I even wanted to buy)

Yeah, wait a couple of patches and there will be norms.