3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
qdash 31.10.21 11:06 am

Dusk

I present to your attention a new sinlovy FPS, made in an old-school style, according to some representing a mixture of Doom + Quake 1, according to others Blood + Quake 1, which, however, is "both there and there" somewhere close.

The game is really carbon monoxide and deserves every attention. At the moment it is in early access, although in general it is not clear what else is unfinished in it.

17 Comments
Sort by:
d
dozensnake 31.10.21

Passed the first campaign and a little second, quite similar to the first quacks, but still a little lacking: more enemies, more interesting cards, although the second camp is already better in this regard. I heard about multiplayer that it is somehow non-working, but it's a pity

11 minutes ago, -dD- said:

although in general it is not clear what else is unfinished in it.

multiplayer, promise co-op and no third campaign

here I played the second camp a little

q
qdash 31.10.21

We would have made desmatches in Dusk, how I like the gameplay in this game - slides, jumps, akimbo. It seems to me on the basis of this you can create a real thrill for school students.

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

Yes, an awesome game. There, just dm promise to finish soon.

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

The game has been released and is receiving first ratings, while 91 for 6 reviews in the meta.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dusk

P
Piero 31.10.21

Damn, I should put it, but I recently tried to screw up an old school shooter and I was half enough (

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

the warlock is boring, too slow

dask is straight to work old school with jumps and so on, but they say very short, interesting mp there

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

19 minutes ago, dozensnake said:

but they say very short

Well, 4h is not so little, the level of the wolf is 2, if you remove the cutscenes and running around the base from there)

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

the first skating rink in mp there is such nostalgia for ku1, even with ping it's fun, especially on a small map

DuPSsEbW4AEhi2r.jpg

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

: 57a8bd5cb224b_FROG12:

P
Piero 31.10.21

12 minutes ago, dozensnake said:

: 57a8bd5cb224b_FROG12:

Oh, I just have constipation.

Q
Qvasik 31.10.21

Within a month of its release, DUSK had a circulation of 69,420 copies. This was announced on Twitter by Dave Oshry, CEO of New Blood Interactive. Oshri also shared other amusing numbers and facts:

DUSK was pre-ordered by 8 thousand players.

While the shooter was in Early Access, it was purchased 22 thousand times.

The Winter Sale on Steam contributed to the game's good performance. DUSK kicked off with a 15% discount that lasted throughout the sale. During the freebie holiday, the militant was bought by an average of 1,100 people a day. After the sale, Steam visitors purchased 200-500 copies of DUSK per day - at full price.

At the start, the game was in about 105 thousand wishlists. At the moment this figure is about 180 thousand.

S
Stepan 31.10.21

Looks like the first quack. Why play this now is absolutely incomprehensible. There is a modern Doom, Wolfe. 

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

I thought he would at least master a hundred square meters, for such a price, a very cool product

Just now, Stepan said:

Looks like the first quack. Why play this now is absolutely incomprehensible. There is a modern Doom, Wolfe. 

then that there is no such dynamics as in Kwak and Daska, not even close either in the wolf or in the Duma

they are beautiful in their own way, but I personally do not think that this genre is dead and this is a confirmation of this

it's just that many are trying to make it seem like an old school, but in the end everything starts to interfere and it turns out the wrong thing (see strafe)

but dask did everything right

V
Vegetable 31.10.21

Stepan Wolfe gets terribly slow on Uber. In Duscae in 15 minutes I got more emotions than in Wolfe in 10 hours.

a
aRmOnDo 31.10.21

Well, in short, I pre-ordered a brand new Doom, and I see that the change remains. Leafing through means steam, well, there is money, why not please yourself. I look, and Dask is just right for the price. Why not? I just wanted an old-school shooter.

Let's go through the episodes.

The first episode is the easiest and weakest of all. But weak in relation to other episodes. Here we get a portion of the old-school stuff, everything is old-fashioned, no serious deviations from the course. All levels are very interesting and packed with secrets, except that I didn't really like the dark mine. The cannons shoot nicely, the movement is like Quake on speed, strafe jumping in big fights is a must. In general, it feels like they took a little from everywhere, the engine a la Kwaka, the Blood theme, a little Doom, a couple of levels reminded Painkiller even.

The second episode takes a swing from the very beginning, the levels are much larger at once and with a bunch of verticality. But this is not the most important thing. What attracted me the most was the fact that starting from level 5 of the second episode, Dusk really opens up and starts to simply blow up the brain. I don’t want to say what exactly is happening, but for me, from that moment on, Dusk began to resemble less and less a stupid rip-off of the classics and became an independent game that stands on its own two feet and shows that besides nostalgia, it can still give a lot. Horror elements are also increasing, very interesting opponents appear.

Episode 3 is just 10/10, none of the old-fashioned shooters have done that, not before or now. Level design takes it one step further and strikes even more creativity. There are tons of unique, memorable moments. Right until the very end, the game keeps. And the final boss is just great.

I don't care who you are or how you feel about the visuals of Dusk, if you are a fan of first person shooters and love the genre, you should definitely try it out. In general, if you compare, there has been this trend in the indie scene for a long time, when the game simply demolishes all expectations and breaks your brain. What any Undertail did for the RPG, Dask does for the FPS. And after all, the game was made by one person, it seems? It's just a masterpiece.

Separately, I want to express my delight for the magnificent soundtrack by Andrew Hulschult, what he produced here is just perfect for every second of gameplay. Unsurprisingly, he is now shoved into all the old school shooters as a composer. Although he had previously completely remade the soundtrack of the first Doom and worked on the soundtrack for the remake of Rise of the Triad (where his work was the best part of the game).

In short, play Dusk.

d
dozensnake 31.10.21

6 hours ago, aRmOnDo said:

Separately, I want to express my delight for the magnificent soundtrack by Andrew Hulschult, what he produced here is just perfect for every second of gameplay

yes he finally can dad soundtracks for old school jester

try again amid evil play, it is also published by the same studio, it looks more like hexen and anril, there is also hulshult on the sound

P
Pr8da21r 31.10.21

aRmOnDo I'm waiting for pine versions : frog23: