3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 31.10.21 11:13 am

The darkness

Action from StarBreeze Studios - creators of Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (Xbox, PC) and Enclave (Xbox, PC, GC). A game based on comics, and knowing Starbreezes, it will be a masterpiece. It used to be exclusive to Xbox360, and now it is a multi-platform for both PS3 and Xbox360. The PC version has yet to be announced.

Preview and shots here.
[url = http: //www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/thedarkness/news.html? sid = 6155841] http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ ... id = 6155841 [/ url ]
Looks like a cross between FEAR, Chronicles of Riddick and SWAT 4.
The main character (I haven't read the comics, but judging by the shots and the video ...) is a half-man, half-demon. Two giant snakes grow from under his clothes.
[img] http://iicom.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/121/927014_20060502_screen001.jpg [/ img]
[img] http://iicom.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/226/reviews/927014_20060815_screen002.jpg [/ img]
124 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

wow, 9 points, very worthy.

[quote] Untitled, Bladef1st, well, you compared [/ quote]
well, in fact, the comparison makes sense, because PS3 owners are faced with the question: what to take - NGS or Darkness? (the license is not cheap now :)), and for me the answer is unequivocal - Darkness.
NGS sometime later, despite the fact that the demo made me very happy.

N
Nameless 31.10.21

[quote name = "ACE"] [b] Unnamed [/ b], [b] Bladef1st [/ b], well, you compared [/ quote]

Nobody compared these games, it's just that Darkness is more interesting to me now than NGS, that won't go anywhere.

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] Untitled [/ b], is the darkness going somewhere? : gigi:
not really

c
czpukmen 31.10.21

[quote] You do not seem to have driven)))) [/ quote]
S, the correct answer: on the head? : encore:

[quote] As far as I remember, the demo was postponed for some time [/ quote]
on the 25th release, where did they postpone it? = (

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 3 minutes 18 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

upd: I was wrong, the game has already been released.

H
Hero 31.10.21

beautiful screenshots, unusual. :)

b
b4nd1t00 31.10.21

swing-swing-swing!

x
xaxatun 31.10.21

[quote name = "Bladef1st"] wow, 9 points, very worthy.

well, in fact, the comparison makes sense, because PS3 owners are faced with the question: what to take - NGS or Darkness? (the license is not cheap now :)), and for me the answer is unequivocal - Darkness.
NGS somehow later, despite the fact that the demo made me very happy. [/ Quote] What for ngs?

c
czpukmen 31.10.21

[b] xaxatun [/ b], Ninja Gaiden sigma

J
Jaspar 31.10.21

[quote name = "xaxatun"] [quote name = "Bladef1st"] wow, 9 points, very worthy.

NGS somehow later, despite the fact that the demo made me very happy. [/ Quote] what for ngs? [/
Quote ] ninja gaiden sigma?

x
xaxatun 31.10.21

Damn, hell, now we need to usa acc, too lazy to create. when will it be in Europe?

A
ACE 31.10.21

and the demo has already been released in the American live? : shock:

D
Dan4MerC 31.10.21

[quote name = "ACE"] has the demo already been released in the American live? : shock: [/ quote]
No, the game appeared on the
PiraDa trekkers are already shaking: D

In Europe, while pre-order for the game, on sale from June 29
I'll order tomorrow probably

x
xaxatun 31.10.21

ha ha, okay then, false alarm.

S
Snowqueen 31.10.21

cool game - the first 20 minutes of gameplay are very good, I will definitely buy a license as soon as it appears, but for now we play what is on trackers :-)

R
RIPPER12 31.10.21

network mode:
[url = http: //www.gametrailers.com/player/20869.html] http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20869.html [/ url]

sucks: dn:

r
realalbedo 31.10.21

It looks very boring and sucks, I will not buy this game.
I better spend my money on Sigma and Vegas

b
biblbrux 31.10.21

I played around. I liked it very much. A mixture of Riddick (still, the developer is the same :)) and Condemned, flavored with chips with dark forces and a summon of assistants. An explosive mixture.

With great pleasure I played for an hour and a half, until my wife kicked me away from the console :)

Graphically, nothing extraordinary. Everything is like on screenshots / videos. The gameplay is very nice. All these dark forces and the summon of helpers are very organically woven into the gameplay, and shooting and finishing moves are not at all annoying.

The plot is also quite interesting. It all begins as a gangster story, with a setup and "order" of the protagonist, but gradually an otherworldly smell creeps into the plot, and now we have superpowers at our disposal and all that ...

As you progress through the game, you can find a huge bunch of bonuses (they look like scraps of paper with scrawled phone numbers). Getting bonuses is cool - you need to find a phone at the level and call numbers from pieces of paper. Then they give all sorts of bonuses such as whole issues of The Darkness comics (fucking comics, by the way, you need to pump up ...) or art-sketches for the game.

Engine. It looks like this is a robustly modified and refined engine from Riddick. At least there is something similar in the picture. super shadows. Dynamic, from all objects ... There is a certain analogue of HDR (despite the fact that most of the action takes place on the night streets), which looks very nice.

Very high quality mockup, all characters move very realistically and die. Directly the eye rejoices. :) The finishing touches are super awesome too. There are three for each type of weapon (with one hand, with the other, with two hands).

What I didn't like was the disgusting lip-sync of the main hero. He either does not open his mouth at all, or somehow crookedly and inappropriately, and at the same time the rest of the characters open their mouths very naturally and in time ... I have

n’t felt online yet.

Like here. I would put 8.5 out of 10. I take off one and a half points for rare subsidence of FPS and the same rare glitches with animation and lip-sync. Here.

N
Nameless 31.10.21

[b] biblbrux [/ b], thanks for the reviewer. Now I want to play it even more as soon as possible.

B
Bladef1st 31.10.21

Is the PS3 version also due out on the 29th?

m
mjlame 31.10.21

Played a couple of hours. Cool, definitely pleased with the game. Stylish and tasteful like all Starbreezes.
It reminded me of the Fear + Suffering batch.
Also pleased with the system of bonuses, original and funny.
This was the most anticipated project for me, whether it lived up to expectations I don’t know yet, I’ll understand it closer to the end of the game. :)
PS Boxing scoundrel scratched the disc, in which tree again. : eek:
PS 2. Damn, it's a pity it's time to sleep, otherwise damn it, I want to continue again ...: twisted: