3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
strimervong 03.11.21 08:36 pm

Need a cheap dual band router

In general, he moved temporarily to a rented apartment. I connected the Internet here and brought me my router. Because the house is an apartment building, then you can't play normally in the evening. All channels in the 2.4 GHz range are clogged, but this router does not have 5 GHz. Therefore, I want to take myself an inexpensive dual-band router for a while, so that it normally covers the odnushka. Ports need 100 megabit and at least 1, because I will cut through the port only the PC. The rest is wireless. For money up to 1.5 thousand.
28 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 03.11.21

strimervong
It's easier to write in a search engine, the best routers of 2021.

M
Marsj 03.11.21

Do you play mobile phones over wi-fi? The PC is connected by wire.

b
bloomm 03.11.21

strimervong
https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/920102ced9101b80/wi-fi-router-netis-n2/

s
strimervong 03.11.21

Marsj
I only play on the wire from the PC, and the ping seems to jump very much now, especially in the evenings. And so I play from the console via WIFi. Pavel Rally
Well, there is not only one of them, but here I came to help you find something optimal.

I
IngwardIn 03.11.21

strimervong
I have archer a6, in the vicinity it is good, but for long distances in a 3-room apartment ~ 60 sqm and in the distance near the load-bearing walls 5g falls off.
I wanted to buy and recommend redmi ac2100, they say the top, one trusted blogger did a review on it. It's just that when I bought it, I did not find it in online stores in the area.
Upd: I didn't notice the budget, these routers are more expensive, but I think you can't buy a normal two-band for 1.5k. That is why it will come out with compromises and service life.
For about this amount you can see: Xiaomi Mi wi-fi router 4A gigabit edition.
Mercusys (tplink daughter) AC10, AC12.

N
Ninio 03.11.21

And what prevents the PC from connecting to the wafer, the whistle from the alik is worth ordering a penny, for a rented apartment to buy an expensive router zashkvar, look at tenda for example AC5V3, if only one person will load it, then he will cope with a bang, + the walls pass normally

I
IngwardIn 03.11.21

Ninio
Ninio wrote:
And what prevents the PC from connecting via the waffle
And why connect it via the WAFFLE? Zashkvar - buy a whistle and connect via WAFFLE, when there is a LAN wire and there is an opportunity to connect. Zashkvar- wifi call WAFFLE. Zashkvar- do not dictate that you can take your things from a rented hut. Or is it not customary for you?
Pavel Rally
Pavel Rally wrote:
It's easier to write in a search engine, the best routers of 2021.
Your advice is easier to skip. Usually, if they contact the forum with such questions:
Firstly: they are waiting for a specific answer to the question posed.
Second, they want to hear feedback on real-world experiences.

M
Marsj 03.11.21

strimervong
Console has no lan connector? Or does the ISP's router not have a lan connector to wire the console?

s
strimervong 03.11.21

Marsj
In addition to the console, there is also a laptop, a smartphone. In which there is certainly no RJ45. And even though this is a rented apartment, I have no desire to drag wires throughout the apartment.
IngwardIn By the
way, it is interesting, because a friend has Mi Router 4A in a two-room apartment, not a gigabit edition, but with 100 megabit ports. And he says that 5 GHz penetrates walls extremely badly, one wall and an even significant drop in speed. But I'll look at Mercusys AC10 and AC12, I've never heard of them at all)
Ninio wrote:
And what prevents the PC from connecting to the wafer, the whistle from the alik is worth ordering a penny, buy an expensive router for a rented apartment, look at tenda for example AC5V3, if you load it only one person will, then he will cope with a bang, + the walls pass normally
There is no point in taking a whistle, firstly, this is an extra waste of money, and secondly, my router is next to the PC and the wire does not interfere. But normal WiFi is needed for the devices I wrote about above. I'll look at tenda AC5V3, thanks.

I
IngwardIn 03.11.21

strimervong
5Hz itself beats walls worse than 2.4, although it should be enough for odnushki.
And consoles of the previous generation do not seem to support 5Hz. Alternatively, if you play in a room and nearby - 5g. Watching YouTube in the kitchen - 2.4.

N
Ninio 10.11.21

IngwardIn wrote:
Zashkvar- buy a whistle and connect via WAFFLE, when there is a LAN wire and there is an opportunity to connect. Zashkvar- wifi call WAFFLE. Zashkvar- do not dictate that you can take your things from a rented hut. Or is it not customary for you?
and what is so over-the-top in how and what to call? then the first, if the lan cord interferes, then why not take a whistle that will work normally in line of sight? And no one says that there is no need to pick it up, you will move to another apartment in a month, for example, you will have to install repeaters or powerlines there because your archer a6 will not break through one wall, there can be as many options as you like, Zashkvar cannot be cleared up to that.
strimervong wrote:
PC and wire does not interfere. But normal WiFi is needed for the devices I wrote about above. I'll look at tenda AC5V3, thanks.
well, there are 3 lan, so you can connect it as you like

s
strimervong 10.11.21

IngwardIn wrote:
5Hz itself beats walls worse than 2.4, although it should be enough for odnushki.
And consoles of the previous generation do not seem to support 5Hz. Alternatively, if you play in a room and nearby - 5g. Watching YouTube in the kitchen - 2.4.
So when I move to my apartment I will immediately take a mesh system so as not to bathe with the signal and coverage. My console is Series S, it seems to support 5 GHz.
Ninio wrote:
well, there are 3 lan, so you can connect it as you like
YES, and one is enough for me. All the same, in the future I will buy something more powerful. The main thing now is to make a normal Internet. By the way, I did not find a review on AC5V3, I see only a regular AC5.

I
IngwardIn 10.11.21

Ninio
Ninio wrote:
because your archer a6
won't even break through one wall. Well, first of all: you can't get a bad guy with your mind and you can't buy yourself a decent router right away.
And secondly: not every second person moves from shooting to a bunker or a two-story house, yes ... how did I not get it ...
You don't know about the characteristics and are talking nonsense, so maybe you'd better go and connect to the WAFFLE? 🤣

N
Ninio 10.11.21

IngwardIn wrote:
not every second person moves from shooting to a bunker or a two-story house
, and what does it have to do with a bunker or not a bunker, about the fact that there is enough budget for a rented apartment, and there is no point in spending money, go to school, get ready for the archer a6, basically Complaints about 5 GHz "if you need a router for 5Hz, look further."
strimervong wrote: By the
way, I did not find a review on AC5V3, I see only a regular AC5.
new revision

y
yuriko1158 10.11.21

strimervong
has an option to distribute from a PC, I do this. TV, box and android are connected.
through the wire to the PC, then through the air to the rest.
much more convenient than taking the right router, which is unrealistic ... by the
way, your house is not sickly, where the entire range is crammed.

R
RicoChico 10.11.21

Better than Hlaomi, probably not. They have good hardware for its cost.
You can see more promotions on Alik. Just there 11.11 soon. Or other promotions for the first purchase, maybe you can throw off another 500 rubles.

M
Marsj 10.11.21

strimervong wrote: By the
way, I did not find a review on AC5V3, I see only a regular AC5.
Spoiler

s
strimervong 10.11.21

Ninio wrote: Chet's
new revision is
visually only different. As for performance characteristics, everything seems to be the same. Although it may have changed inside.
yuriko1158 wrote: by the
way, your house is not sickly, where the whole range is crammed.
He's not mine, and this is a common occurrence. In any anthill there are ordinary provider routers that completely clog all channels.
RicoChiko wrote:
Better than Hlaomi, probably not. They have good hardware for its cost.
You can see more promotions on Alik. Just there 11.11 soon. Or other promotions for the first purchase, maybe you can throw off another 500 rubles.
I read about Mi Router 4A, they say everything with a 5 GHz band is quite sad there.
Marsj wrote: By the
way, I did not find a review on AC5V3
So I didn’t find it either. I'll go, maybe I'll write in support of the tende, I'll find out how they differ)

I
IngwardIn 10.11.21

Ninio
Ninio wrote: what
does a bunker
have to do with it or not a bunker ? Despite the fact that according to some rumors you are moving without even going into details, when I clearly wrote the characteristics of my hut and problem areas. network is lost.)
Ninio wrote:
on archer a6, mostly complaints about 5 GHz
Zashkvar- to attribute to a person something that he did not say on the Internet, just because he was crap in a confrontation. Just admit that you blurted out the garbage and do not disgrace yourself anymore.
I did not advise Archer, I wrote about my own experience and advised Xiaomi.
You can see it is difficult with the letters, if I am a schoolboy, then you were not taught to read like that. That's why the jargon is so beggarly: you connect to the WAFFLE, you boast of grease. Don't discredit yourself, leave it, go read a book.

RicoChiko
RicoChiko wrote:
Better than Hlaomi, probably not.
I support, often top for my money.

strimervong
strimervong wrote:
I read about Mi Router 4A, they say everything with a 5 GHz band is quite sad there.
It's just that this is the salt that you can't buy 5g with normal coverage for these grandmothers. And if you choose among the trash, then xiomi usually gives the maximum for the amount that it costs.

N
Ninio 10.11.21

IngwardIn wrote
. That's why the jargon is so beggarly: you connect to the WAFFLE, you boast of grease. Don't discredit yourself, leave it, go read a book.
eco bombs you from the fact that people simply do not agree with your opinion, this is not a discussion, there is simply nothing to talk about with you, your opinion cannot be called legitimate either only because you are advising something there based on your subjective opinion.
strimervong wrote:
and this information is full, that if it is still 2.4 GHz it is able to pull out on a less normal area. But right now, you would say that this is the best router in the world :)
strimervong wrote:
Go can write in support of Tandy, know what is the difference)
a later version will be better anyway.