3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladislav Krasilnikov 03.11.21 08:38 pm

How to play as a mage \\ sorcerer? (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous)

I took a sorcerer and I don't understand how to play for him. The character constantly misses his abilities, and if he hits, I see that the ability has dealt 1 unit of damage. Give advice, please.
6 Comments
Sort by:
m
malars0 03.11.21

there is also auto development (templates) for those who do not fumble at all

M
MunchkiN 616 03.11.21

as far as I understood the ingenious role-playing system if the enemy is too strong or protected - all to miss against him. the only trump spell conjures a couple like a magic arrow or something like that. or low difficulty level. then the level of the enemy is lower.

S
St_Slave 03.11.21

The threshold for entering this game is too high. Even the average difficulty will make everyone who does not like to read descriptions once again suffer. Advice to the author of the topic - set the easiest difficulty and auto-development of the character

M
MunchkiN 616 03.11.21

put the easiest difficulty and autodevelopment of the character,
autodevelopment should not be set as one of the elements of its gameplay will disappear and you will not understand what kind of magic is going on there. but this is the envy of the player and his goals of course. who needs the current dialogues and the plot is possible.

m
mefiro 03.11.21

Vladislav Krasilnikov
The main problem (you need 2 close-range shooting talents and something about -4 when shooting at targets in battle (I can't remember the name of the talent)). Without this, you will often smear. For damage, see the path of the mystic trickster (through 1 thief level). Also, you need to have a confident command of the weapon (ray type, these are attacks with spells aimed at a distance). Spells of level 0 will not hit a priori, unless you are a trickster, see bows, crossbows, throwing hatchets, here from talents and preferences. Basic spells are needed to control or mow down crowds or bosses, it is better to use weapons against ordinary enemies around every corner.
The downside of the game is buffs, they need to be laid down before each battle, without which it is almost impossible to play normally on standard difficulty and above.

If you want a fighting sorcerer, look at the magus, you will be sung and sang on kumpol with a sword.

X
Xmax1234 03.11.21

Vladislav Krasilnikov
First: This is a role-playing RPG. Nobody decides anything here in solo. Damage or Defense? - the main questions in the development of the Persian. Took a sorcerer - then put him in the background, buff them the party members, cast debuffs on enemies, wait for the moment to hit something harder. Damang is not a problem of a sorcerer, his role is to solve difficult issues with opponents who are not afraid of physics.
Secondly: at the initial levels, all casters are very weak, their potential is revealed much later. And the sorcerer is generally a choice for those who already know the mechanics of the game. If you want to play as a caster, start as a magician, he has no problems with spells, you can potentially learn all the spells and try them out.
Third: Read the tips. Especially for the same cases, they crammed a bunch of manuals in the game.
Fourthly: The level of difficulty, as you were already advised to set the minimum, in such a role-playing it is important for those who have not played such a game before.
Fifth: Depending on how you develop your Persian, the choice of further skills will also change. If you are swinging a magician, then you need not so much to beat painfully as to support the party and survive yourself. If you do not use precise long-range spells with a beam, then you do not need the aiming of their hit, they have an alternative to the touch attack, AoE, or the exact imposition of magic on the target. The caster also does not need armor, it is successfully replaced by spells, bracers, clothes for magicians (Hiramaki), rings and amulets, and the protection indicator will speak for itself.
In general, to summarize: Just Read the manual and tips, almost everything you need to know is written there, and all the details of what is happening in the game are written in the log windows.