3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sergey140197 09.11.21 07:09 pm

And one more topic about resolution (Hitman: Contracts)

As they wrote on numerous sites, I used the .ini file to change to a widescreen resolution (1280x720), but the image turns out to be flattened, I don't know what to do, and I still don't know why, but the old games on my computer slow down, the computer of course I have shit, but for old games like Hitman Contrtacts or Mafia, it is quite decent, but nevertheless, for some reason they lag
9 Comments
Sort by:
806653790809545634 09.11.21

You can read this topic: http://hitmangame.ru/forum/9-34-2
There such a question was raised, and some advise to press the buttons on the monitor, perhaps it will help.

L
Lis-denis91 09.11.21

in order to make the permission we need, open the game folder (I have it C: Games Hitman. Contracts), and there we find the HitmanContracts.ini file (these are configuration parameters) in it we find the trace. line: Resolution .... x ... (it is my seventh from the top and instead of dots we write our resolution, it looks like this for me: "Resolution 1366x768" on my laptop with this
PS resolution, after setting your resolution, do not go into the settings video, otherwise the resolution will fly off to 640 * 480 ...

V
Vapauk 09.11.21

This game does not support widescreen resolution, therefore, so that the image is not stretched, you need to go to the video card utility (for example, if the ATI radeon video card is the ATI Catalyst control center utility) and there, in the Desktops and Displays tab, find the scaling settings and "Center of the screen ". Then the game will open with a resolution of 1024x768 and there will be black bars on the sides, but the image will not seem stretched

l
luxnoiz38 09.11.21

Half a year has passed, but nevertheless I will share my recipe. You can run the game with a resolution of 1600x1200 using a modern video card. IMHO it turned out on my computer. First, go to the system folder, find a file with the extension (.ini) - open it with a notepad and set the resolution to 1600x900! In the same place, IMMEDIATELY set all settings to MAX., Because there will be no other possibility (do not forget about anti-aliasing). Now we start the game, the video card gives an error along the way, do not pay attention to it. ALL! If you suddenly want to use the graphic settings, then you will make sure that the resolution is exactly 1600x1200, but when you try to return to the menu, the game crashes. Doing it all over again.

k
killlllller 09.11.21

I think that for the curved handles you need to make a fix as soon as I post it

A
AL5 09.11.21

killlllller
Guy, how are you doing with the fix?)

p
pa_ul 09.11.21

killlllller
Boy, don't be silent. Need a fix for 2560 * 1440

p
pa_ul 09.11.21

Googled. 16: 9 with native resolution can be done. This produces a normal FOV. It is necessary to edit the HitmanContracts.exe file through the Hex Workshop (change about 10 lines). This results in the desired resolution with a normal FOV (91). I made myself under 2560x1440, it looks beautiful. I got a widescreen picture, but there is one problem. The action menu is not displayed after all the manipulations. Actions are booming. Here is an instruction for those who wish https://web.archive.org/web/20140126161128/http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php/topic/59059-true-hitman-full-hd-quadrilogy-for-pc/
The last line Offset 00734832 4424100000803F ... do not need to be touched, otherwise the main menu will disappear.
So you can play hitman adequately only at 4: 3 with native FOV. I set myself 1920 by 1440. The picture is normal, everything is displayed in 4: 3, but in native resolution without stretching. This is the best I could get. More and less playable.

K
KtoTo12 10.05.22

Lis-denis91
It doesn't work for me the screen resolution hasn't changed