3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
defent 09.11.21 07:12 pm

Goodbye, played.

Hello. There was a problem recently. It all started with the computer freezing while playing with the artifacts accompanying this event on the monitor.
After that, the computer is not functioning properly. Those. [1] When you turn it on again, there is no signal to the monitor, but the message "No signal" is not displayed on the monitor, the monitor power indicator simply blinks.
Also, at this time, a red VGA LED light is on inside the case on the motherboard. After some time (did not measure exactly), the computer starts up as usual. But!
If you run the stress test in AIDA 64, then after about 10 seconds a white screen appears and the computer freezes. Reset. Item [1] is repeated.
Hanging is caused not only by a stress test, but also by attempts to play toys, regardless of whether they are browser-based or client-based (when toys hang, a white screen with gray cubes or multi-colored geometric shapes is possible). You can only watch movies or surf the web without consequences.
Tried:
1. Change the RAM one by one.
2. Change the video card slot PCI X16 (x16) to PCI X16 (x4).
3. Reset BIOS.
4. Conduct stress test without GPU. As a result, the computer did not freeze and continued to work.
Despite the obvious conclusion that the video card is failing (according to the material on the Internet, I found out that most likely the contacts with the microchip have worn out and when the GPU frequency rises, they make themselves felt), I would like to ask knowledgeable people:
"Is there any possibility that another component of the system has failed or wait until the video card finally fails while saving money for a new one?"
Computer
ASUS M5A97 evo 2.0
CPU AMD fx 6300
Graphics card Radeon 7950
RAM Hynix HMT451U6MFR8C-PB 4 GB DDR3-1600
Chieftec 600 W power supply
7 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

there is a possibility that the power supply burned out, I
advise you to look for a friend's pitch with a comparable card in consumption; the
second moment was such that some kind of garbage happened with a memory controller with an approximately similar processor and it flew into a blue screen quite often, and in games they beat such artifacts that I had a long time ago never seen.
I also understand that the system has one more graphics core once the computer worked without a GPU. probably there may be some software problems.
to finally kill the video card or find out that it is healthy, it is worth running benchmarks. burn with a hairy brand and some kind of unigine haven or valley not very dependent on cp. if the chip recoils here then it will fly off the capacitors and the pitch will blaze with the flame of hell ..

L
Len4ik00N 09.11.21

defent
defent wrote:
Is there any chance that another component of the system has failed ? There
is always such a probability, but in this case I would be 100% sinning in vidyahu, because the power supply unit is powerful enough to work normally on such a system, and the computer would most likely cut out if it was in him. If in doubt, borrow a rather gluttonous vidyahu from your friends and drive it on your PC, or vice versa, sweat your own from your friends.

d
defent 09.11.21

Thanks for the advice. I'll test the video card on another computer and finish here.

S
Sanchez ramirez 09.11.21

Blade of the video chip, obviously. And this, most likely, means there are problems with the cooling of the VC. IMHO, under load the temperature of any card should not exceed 90 degrees.

PS How old is the map?

d
defent 09.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
Videocard 2 years 9 months. The maximum temperature ever used was 81 degrees Celsius with hot summers. The rest of the time, the operating temperature in demanding games is 70-79 degrees Celsius.

L
LEFT FOR DTF 09.11.21

I once had a reference giraffe 8800 Gtx. flew a year and a half later. everything was in vertical stripes and the computer was hanging. disassembled - there was no thermal paste. smeared a little, collected it.
fried it in the oven - it was resuscitated for 3-4 months, but the indicators fell. then again the same song, fried again, this time it was enough either for a month, or about.
decided not to torture and bought a new one.

Y
Yok Makaryok 09.11.21

So in the last month I have such crap happening ...
First, flickering on the screen, in games, the monitor began to turn off for a couple of seconds. In the evening I somehow knocked out the computer, and on the trail. the day he came home from work, he no longer cut it, or rather cut it in, but the monitor did not react (the mouse / keyboard did not light up, I suppose that it still did not cut it in general). Cutting / cutting - did not help, disassembled it completely, changed everything in places, changed the thermal paste on vidyah for the first time (dragged the screws into the trash ...), started ... it works, now it is extremely rare for the screen to be cut off for a couple of seconds, as well as mountain ash on the screen ....

In general, hell, you will understand what is here, I really hope that this vidyah is covered ...
ps Everything started after DS3, the graph is about nothing, lags are 0, but the vidyah starts to make noise like a helicopter ...