3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21 07:29 pm

Why are alternative ethics needed? (Stellaris)

Ethics are what "Militarism", "Pacifism", "Collectivism" ...

So this is why we need and how to apply alternative ethics.
At the end of the game, a bunch of races appear with a different set of ethics. You can create colonial ships with them and move to other planets. The question is, what do these ethics give? How do you apply them?

Is it possible to change oneself in this way the basic ethics in order to achieve genocide, heavy orbital bombing, slavery, etc.?
6 Comments
Sort by:
s
scorg94 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
A bunch of races? Did you mean settlements?
Basically, ethics are changing towards their disappearance. At least until new patches. And this affects the happiness of settlements, mainly downward from wrong policies, etc. And there seems to be no way to change the ethics of the empire.

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

Dima Ogorodnikov
settlements of different races

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
I think for this it is necessary to give other races the opportunity to occupy government posts and they must win the elections. But for some reason I do not have a button at all "allow foreign races to occupy legal positions."

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

SemyStall wrote:
there is no button "allow foreign races to occupy rights. Positions"
so technology is the same

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

In general, as I understand it, it is necessary:
1) to populate the empire with other races. The main thing is that there are many creatures with the necessary characteristics.
2) Allow outsiders to vote (research technology and change policy)
3) Hold democratic elections

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Ilya Rak wrote:
so the technology
Yes, yes, the technology has already appeared and studied it) I thought that the ban was due to the chosen policy.