3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Andre fd 09.11.21 07:33 pm

8gb 1600mhz vs 12gb 1333mhz

People, help with the choice. I used to have 8gb of RAM with one 1600mhz bar. But according to the law, I was fitted with 2 more 2gb strips with a frequency of 1333mhz. I put these three planks (8, 2, 2) together. And now I have 12gb of memory, but they work at 1333mhz.
What will be more efficient, one 8gb bar with a frequency of 1600mhz? Or three strips for 12gb with a frequency of 1333mhz?
5 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

more as a rule better than less but faster pitch-pitch.
for example 16 GB 1333,
but somehow I replaced the bakery with a set of ddr2, although I did not see the actual difference even in benchmarks.

b
betasisko 09.11.21

Well, the memory is still chasing) I have two strips with a nominal frequency of 1333 MHz, overclocked to 1600 MHz.
try to set a different frequency in the BIOS.

S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21

Andre fd
I think leave all 12 to work at 1333, since you won't get a significant increase in performance from 1600 megahertz, but there will be more memory. Although it depends on why you took more frequent ozushki. If for shooters and RPGs, then more memory is better, if for heavy strategies, then the emphasis on frequency.

betasisko
Well, depending on what kind of memory. If it's a cheap one like a transend or an apaser, then glitches appear when working right up to the bluescreen of an ireset, if it's Zepelin's or Hyunix's, then they chase without problems.

S
Ser777 09.11.21

For games, memory timings are more important, the frequency of a special increase in games does not give, but in rendering, modeling, editing, a very good boost from the frequency.

R
Raven63 09.11.21

Andre fd
In general, you get a strange situation. ) Or leave 12 and, as advised, try to raise the frequency in the BIOS, or, it seems to me even better, buy the same 8 gig bar and set it according to the instructions for your motherboard so that at last it will work for you in 2-channel mode, then it will be fine.
Up to raising FPS in games, though not significantly.
And put those two aside or install them in the same way, but again with a decrease in the overall frequency and then overclocking through the BIOS.