3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tiger goose 09.11.21 07:36 pm

Microsoft antivirus. Do you need internet during installation?

I climbed a bunch of sites, but still did not understand whether an Internet connection was needed when installing Microsoft Security Essentials. I know that the antivirus checks the system for legality. But when? When installing or just when you first connect to the internet?
24 Comments
Sort by:
S
StarDNikolaevich 09.11.21

Tiger Goose
Unplug the cord from the system box (or whatever you have), try to install Microsoft Security Essentials and find out.
PS You don't have to thank.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

You don't have to thank.
Yes, there is nothing.

Pull the cord out of the system unit
It is not necessary to pull it out. You go to the "Network Connections" folder, right-click on the current connection, select "Disconnect". This is for you to know, vandal.

S

Tiger Goose
You see, you already know how and what is done without me, and you ask such stupid questions.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

StarDNikolaevich
Reread my post. The question was not where what is being pulled out.

T
Trestan 09.11.21

Tiger Goose
It is better not to put this garbage at all, one of the most leaky and stupid antiviruses. A lot of free and sane (AVG, Avast and a couple more), and with protection from T-shirts, that he is, that he is not. Current eats resources godlessly.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

Trestan
I need to install on a server operating system, and the rest of the free antiviruses refuse to be installed on any version of Windows Server. Apparently, you have to pirate. I just wanted to try the last legal option before that.

G
Grandfather MastDai 09.11.21

Tiger Goose
Internet connection is required during installation, because the installer is a web installer, after installation it immediately updates the databases and checks the system. Windows7 is not a mace, it is checked, it has been on the pirate for several years and has been successfully updated. It is updated only if the Windows Update has "Automatic Updates". But the antivirus itself is shit. As already mentioned above, resources are eaten immeasurably, constantly raped by the HDD and the processor. And at the same time, with everything, he never finds viruses, even if they are definitely there. The true purpose of Microsoft Security Essentials is apparently known only to Mike, but this is definitely not an Anti-Virus. Of the free, Avast is better in conjunction with the adwcleaner utility.

T
Trestan 09.11.21

For Microsoft Security Essentials, the Internet is needed, at one time I tested it at work, I also needed something licensed, but refused after a couple of days, he brought me more problems and also put a pirate on the sly))

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

Svetoslav
Trestan
Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to tinker with the compatibility mode when installing free antiviruses, but I don't think it will help. You still have to spiral the server antivirus.

S

Tiger Goose
Re-read my post, there the answer to your question is given in Russian.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

StarDNikolaevich
He's not there, of course.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 09.11.21

Tiger Goose
I won't say about modern and server axes, but in the days of WinXP it was probably better to have 1 GB of RAM for installing this antivirus.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 09.11.21

I need to install
360 Total Security on a server OS , which is free and supports win server.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
at the time of WinXP it was probably better to have 1 GB of RAM
. I have Windows Server 2003, basically the same XP.

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
Thanks for the tip.

V

Tiger Goose
Maybe I'm exaggerating. Well, more than 1 GB if you play games that are much newer than XP.
360 Total Security - they say they react paranoid to many things.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Well, yes, we ought to figure it out. I was looking for free antiviruses for Windows Server - I didn't find anything. I read somewhere that the old Avira is installed on server OS, and then it can be updated. And so there are no legal free options, there are no hikes.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 09.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
360 Total Security - they say that it reacts paranoidly to many things.
You never know what they say there, how many people - so many opinions, and if there are not so many alternatives, you need to put what is and test it on a specific configuration.

Tiger Goose
And so there are no legal free options.
Avast Free Business Security is just a version for server systems.

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

... - Rick Sk1mmer -.
Interesting. Somehow inattentively, I looked at the Avast website. For some reason I was sure that I would not find anything free there. Thanks a lot! The solution to the problem seems to have been found.

V

By the way, who knows what antiviruses:
1) do not eat a lot of RAM;
2) can be installed without Internet (offline database, etc.)?

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
AVG, in principle, is not gluttonous. Antivirus databases can be downloaded from the AVG website and then used to update the antivirus on a computer without the Internet.

All of the above is also true for Avast, but its free version needs to be re-registered every year. And for this you need the Internet.