3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21 07:37 pm

Armor vs Shields (Stellaris)

What is the ratio between armor and shields?

In addition, I have doubts that shields are generally needed - there are such missiles that will simply play against them. Then the question is rephrased - to what stage of the game are shields needed?

PS: does anyone use regenerative armor?
6 Comments
Sort by:
1Archangel1 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
70% Armor and 30% shields, as for me it is ideal ... until the norms of the patch are filled) Reg armor saves money and in battle it seems to me to show itself well, especially against a large fleet with small damage.

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
It is better to take armor and shields under the enemy's cannons.
And so I have on average 70% shields and 30% armor + there are defensive systems for shooting down missiles.
Example: my 6k fleet destroys a 3-4k fleet without losses, or I lose 1-2 ships.

T
Thorny83 09.11.21

I have the backbone of the fleet 3 battleships station wagon just a little one L heavy canetics, 3 long-range many L of them 1L to remove armor, the rest heavy kinetics, S and M machine guns, 3 defender healer-shield L one to remove armor, medium and small change to remove armor and shields + air defense and 2 attack aircraft amoeba. I'm thinking of adding 3 more healer-armor with a full focus on air defense. 70% shield and 30% armor. Bending AI is good, at the very loss only among corvettes, very rarely destroyers.

R
Ruslan Kondrashin 09.11.21

Only crystal plating only hardcore.

T
TTokimon 09.11.21

Crystal plating, and a couple of battleships heals, bending is not bad)
Zamax HP and a little armor. Healing restores 5% of max HP. those. the more HP the ships have, the better the heal. Shields are replenished only outside the battle (it seems, in the description it was so), while HP even during.
I compared the total value of shields (5 lvl) and crystal armor. In this case, shields will be 100-200 more, but in battle, the effect of healing will be greater.
I so bent the fleets of the extinct empire, which were pumped into the shield and armor, purely HP crushed them with regen.
2 platoons of 40k and 45k each, merged enemy 35k, 25k, 17k, and somewhere 15 fleets of small things from 1k to 9k, though there were a couple of battleships alive, but the ratio of my / enemy losses gave me the idea that HP was dragging, not a shield

P
Pomu4 09.11.21

On small ships, it makes no sense to put armor from 1-2% at the standard 5-7%. But on cruisers and battleships, you can combine the weapons of opponents based on the situation.