3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frostmir 09.11.21 07:37 pm

Survival damage (Fallout 4)

The developers promised that in the survival mode the damage to the NPC and the GG would be higher than in the usual ones, and ... I faced several situations:
1) Why, being dressed in T-45b power armor, the blowout blows me a quarter !!! hp for one spit or what is he attacking there?
2) Why can I kill some opponents with one or several shots, while others (not legendary) need to be loaded with several clips, although they have less lvl? than me.
3) Why do some opponents (not legendary) demolish me with one or several shots whose level is the same as mine or lower, while others have to spend several clips to drain me?
This is not whining, I just want to understand the reason for the imbalance. Is this a survival mode or fashion? Damage affecting mods and the like are not set, though.
35 Comments
Sort by:
D
DimaHost 09.11.21

Alex0493
Because of such crap, I forgot about this mode on the first day. You, as I understand it, are driving on the PC, so take the mod to increase the damage

r
ripvango 09.11.21

Maybe the fact is that small opponents hit you, let's say, in the head and demolish a lot. They don't
hit the head (or, say, a part of the body protected by armor) - less ... Blowout attacks with poison, like. Does your power supply have protection against poison?
I wear a healer's element (+25 to protection from poison) of ordinary armor (I don't use power armor at all) and it quite saves.
But these are just my assumptions.

F
Frostmir 09.11.21

ripvango
Chubby attacks with poison, sort of. Does your power supply have protection against poison?
I have physical damage, it is just huge for some NPCs.
They do
n't hit the head (or, let's say, a part of the body protected by armor) - less ... Often I come across NPCs that kill me from 1-4 shots wherever they hit

s
saa0891 09.11.21

Alex0493

Depends on the level of the enemy and his armor, protection, and of course the barrels of the enemies also affect all this.

F
Frostmir 09.11.21

saa0891
Depends on the level of the enemy and his armor, protection, and of course the barrels of the enemies also affect all this.
many enemies have weapons and armor no better than mine

s
saa0891 09.11.21

Alex0493

Alex0493 wrote:
many enemies have weapons and armor no better than mine.
But the level can be very high, everything is simple right there, the higher the level, the more damage they inflict on you, and accordingly the defense and HP are greater.

F
Frostmir 09.11.21

saa0891
I wrote that the level of the enemies is the same as mine, maybe a little higher

Z
Zefos 09.11.21

Alex0493
I'm already up to level 46. I pumped survival on difficulty, it's bad that every little thing from living creatures takes a decent amount of HP, in theory for radroach and mole rats I should be invulnerable.
1. Poison damage. Power armor has no protection. I checked, in armor X-01 III level. Blowout takes 3-5% HP, in general it is tolerable.
2. I think it depends on the level of the enemy and his equipment, the same ordinary raiders die after 1-2 shots from a sniper (with damage 100-150), but bosses need 10-15 shots, and guys in combat armor about 5 shots. This is at long distances, in rooms it is easier to walk with a shotgun and a propeller, more often to use grenades and especially mines, enticing the enemy into a trap.
3. As in Skyrim on Legendary difficulty, it is foolish to run into battle at breakneck speed. The same Protectron laser kills me with 2 shots in combat armor, but the same raiders with their 38 caliber crossbows ... in general, I can only hear rare bullets hitting the power armor. I usually use the satellite as bait, while the enemies are busy with it, I shoot them, I often hide behind cover - this is already a reflex and I actively use the propeller (when there are many or strong enemies), in this case, few people have time to shoot at me.

E
Eriori 09.11.21

ripvango
Actually, the Power Armor is sealed and there is not just poison, even the air does not penetrate inside. Or is the blower throwing shit with the force of a gauss carbine and has armor-piercing?
Not the mode, but nonsense solid. Also, saves were cut off in a game that is famous for its glitchiness and so steals these saves.
Dutny, you haven't met more than 2 stormtrones yet)

r
ripvango 09.11.21

Eriori
About tightness you are right. ) And as for the enemies, then sprint + stealth + Grognak's ax or something good similar, and everything is easy. Almost. For medium-long distances "Press and pray. You can live. That there are no saves is good. That there are only three autosaves ... Yes, this is in vain, but it is easy to solve - after each game session I copy them into a separate folder and name them so that it is clear what there .. And everything is ok. No, I definitely like this mode.)

e
evgenij84757 09.11.21

Alex0493
honey-x to help

e
evgenij84757 09.11.21

saa0891
as an enemy from the 3rd dls ship killer 75 level armor 4000

C
CoreDup 09.11.21

In the end, there are perks for increasing damage resistance and additional. hp, pumped the adamantium skeleton and on regen hp, a bit of resistance and the hero of the wasteland in survival mode is ready)

E
Eriori 09.11.21

ripvango
There are opponents who are stupidly one-shot, and it's dangerous to meddle with them, the legendary military robot will make minced meat out of you while you sneak up, they have grenades with homing (I saw how Kate was chasing a grenade xD)

s
saa0891 09.11.21

Alex0493 wrote:
I wrote that the level of the enemies is the same as mine, maybe a little higher.
Well, the survival mode does its job, the enemies are much stronger, the armor, defense and HP are thicker, or do you think that if they are of your level then their characteristics are identical.

evgenij84757 wrote:
how do you like the enemy from the 3rd dls ship killer 75 leveled armor 4000
I haven’t played it yet, I don’t want to put a pirate, I have a season, so I’ll wait, and there’s very little free time, plus in the updated survival mode I I haven’t played really well, before that I went through it twice on the old survival, so I’ll go through all this in a new game, if only to find time, I also started The Witcher 3 again, in general a blockage.

44lok 09.11.21

evgenij84757
Come on .... :)
Spoiler
You better tell me this; there is a tactical helmet of the marines, who saw the rest of the parts?
In theory, there should be a complete set. (looks like stealth armor)
Player.additem 0303a557

ps the question is cleared, the set for the helmet is a Marine Corps wetsuit :)
Player.additem 0303a556

e
evgenij84757 09.11.21

saa0891
I haven’t played it yet, I don’t want to put the pirate on the
DLS.

s
saa0891 09.11.21

evgenij84757

So what a show- off, as I already wrote above does not burn for me, I can wait for the official implementation.

r
ripvango 09.11.21

Eriori
Cool, I have not met such people yet. Now at level 46. Well, this makes me happy, because it becomes boring when stealth + strength + sprint is pumped to max. You can shoot almost everyone from afar, and even without pumping cold or brass knuckles. Well, for such grenades, pistols / machine guns should come in handy. )

e
evgenij84757 09.11.21

44lok

here he is in the flesh