3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21 07:45 pm

Crashes when changing character (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Many times I faced the problem of the game crashing when automatically changing the character during some missions (Blitz game, Freefall, etc.). I suffered with this problem for a long time. I know that there is a way to bypass the passage of missions, since with 3 mission failures, you can skip one of its parts. But the Freefall mission in this way proved to be difficult to get around. This glitch is present not only on pirated copies of the game, but also on license holders.
Rereading the local forum, I have not yet found a solution, but today on third-party forums I accidentally stumbled upon a very interesting solution to the passage of the above missions without skipping them. Immediately before starting a buggy mission, you need to switch to windowed mode with the "ALT + ENTER" key combination. I don't know about others, but I managed to get through those missions without crashes. Perhaps this solution will help someone else.
34 Comments
Sort by:
P
Polololon 09.11.21

By the way, there were several problems that were solved by the windowed mode. From the impossibility of setting the resolution to limiting the movement of the cursor to only half the screen. But here are the departures ... The guys really messed up something with the on-screen settings for the hike. That's why I'm waiting for the stable version for now.

S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21

Polololon
I don't know. For example, in addition to the above-described glitch and departure when aiming from the transport, more glitches were not observed. So the windowed mode turned out to be just the same salvation, since on the Freefall mission I "bumped into the wall".

P
Polololon 09.11.21

Sidorovich12
Here. This means that you can add one more item to the launch manual: "Play in the window")

S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21

Polololon
It is possible of course this way. Of course the window is annoying, but it's better than nothing. By the way, it is not necessary to play constantly in the windowed mode, it is enough to switch to it in problem areas, and then back. So everything is a bunch.

C
Crysis_Net_2 09.11.21

It also helps from crashes if the game is set to "high priority" in the task manager.

P
Pavel ginko 09.11.21

People, that's the question. After the credits, it crashes and is not even saved. Pants full of joy! ((Is there a solution? (

L
LEvgeny 09.11.21

On a foreign site, I read a way to deal with departures when changing characters in any missions. We go to the "settings", then "save and run" and there in the "start page" we set off. I don’t know what it’s connected with, but it really helped me with the "free fall" mission. Before that, in this mission, I constantly flew out, which I just did not try.

S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21

LEvgeny
Hmm. Interesting. Where is this home page itself?

G
GTA5PROBLEM 09.11.21

Sidorovich12
In the settings, in the lower paragraphs. However, this will not help. I got stuck on a mission with the last robbery, I don't want to die 3 times, the atmosphere is lost.

S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21

GTA5PROBLEM
You don't understand. I know where the setting itself is. I mean what does this setting affect?

G
GTA5PROBLEM 09.11.21

Sidorovich12
When you start the game, it will probably be thrown on the menu, and not immediately into the game.
//
The problem, by the way, is with grenades / sticky bombs. I rummaged around the search and found that you can not throw them through the LMB. Only through the sight of another weapon and G. In this case, there will be no departure either when changing a character or when aiming.

t
top-gan 09.11.21

[removed] windowed mode does not resolve

P
PSDzavr 09.11.21

the exact thing in the window also constantly flies

A
AxiDexios 09.11.21

Do not use the grenade slot at all and there will be no crash. As soon as you threw a grenade or Velcro, then the next time you change the character or press the PCM in the car, you will have a crash. On missions, the blitz game and free fall therefore crashes, as everyone blows up the garbage truck and van with grenades. Try to drown.

K
KilimanJaro 09.11.21

xs, it may depend on the update version, you need to try at all in windowed mode, apparently that's why the game is always loaded in the window.

P
PSDzavr 09.11.21

vitek500fly
thanks, I'll try - unsubscribe

t
tim90 09.11.21

Crash when switching between characters.

Who faced it and how did it fix it?

D
Default2 09.11.21

This is a bug of the game itself. You need to wait for the patch

R
Rorschach1986 09.11.21

tim90
Was
http://www.playground.ru/cheats/grand_theft_auto_5_gta_v_sovet_kak_ispravit_vileti_pri_popitke_kinut_granatu_ili_pri_smene_personaga-58661/ try it can help

i
igor white 09.11.21

flew once. when I switched to Michael, and he was in the mansion