3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21 07:52 pm

Do you need corvettes? (Stellaris)

I noticed that corvettes are dying like flies. Despite the fact that destroyers, costing only twice as expensive, live much longer. It turns out that it is more profitable to build them.

The question is, are corvettes needed by the end of the game, when there are battleships and fighters on battleships, and all of those have been studied?
13 Comments
Sort by:
I
Insurgent 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
Corvettes are definitely needed. First, they are cheap and take up little space in the limit. The loss of several corvettes is much easier to recoup than the loss of an entire battleship. Secondly, corvettes have the maximum possible evasion parameter. They are much more difficult to hit. Thirdly, corvettes can play a support role in the fleet. Why put anti-aircraft guns on a battleship, taking up valuable space for laser batteries or gauss guns, when they can be put on a corvette and installed on it the "defense" behavior module?

a
ace8927 09.11.21

Khottabych
I completely agree with you, they are easy to use as meat, or as distracting flies (they shoot at them, not at the battleship), but in the end I forget about them, and just make destroyers more damage and more HP with armor instead of them.

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

That's exactly what "meat" is. They die too often.
And for the "flies" there are fighters.

a
ace8927 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
I still do not understand how they work, they just fly around the carrier and do nothing.

1Archangel1 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
Corvettes are the first line, so to speak, cannon fodder, and they are oh, how the esm are needed, and the cruisers need them, and those, in turn, to the Links ... here the game itself dictates this, but I think if you tinker with the editor, you can and make an esm an uber warrior))) Personally, I don't quite understand this editor, in GalCiv III the ship editor is still excellent ...

T
TTokimon 09.11.21

Well xs, I play without corvettes. Instead of them, destroyers, cruisers, and many battleships. And I'm not dragging it badly. I made myself a battleship that heals, put armor that increases HP (I don't put shields, and by the end of the game there is no point in them), and I break everyone very quickly with minimal losses.
When I have a fleet of 30k, and is at war with the enemy at 11k, the AI ​​fleet is mainly from corvettes, I quickly get rid of this meat, and my losses are maximum 1k, but I would lose much more Corvettes.
In my opinion, the profit from them in the presence of resources is not large

1Archangel1 09.11.21

TTokimon
But I had the opposite situation ... the 52K fleet lost to the 15K fleet, this fleet had 2 links, 4 esms and 9 corvettes, it was very disappointing to watch how your fleet is cut with lasers and torpedoes (((

T
TTokimon 09.11.21

1Archangel1
They didn’t decide me that way, even when I fell on a dying empire with a fool (though well preserved), I have 3 fleets of 30k each, they have 5 of 30k each, 8 pieces of 10k each, and 6 pieces of 4-7k each.
This is the only time when my fleet is slightly stronger or equal to the enemy's, and I am drained like a bottom. But the calculation of the strength of the fleet comes from HP and technical equipment. But in theory, the main characteristic is the life of the ship, if understood correctly. My enemy was technically better than me. I have done half of the research, he knows EVERYTHING from the start.
I mean, maybe you had the same? ) Is the enemy technically superior? Because I have never met such lawlessness. My fleets (then it was another 30k), merged 3 AI fleets in a row in a row, about 14k, 8k, and 4k. with a loss of no more than 2-3k

1Archangel1 09.11.21

TTokimon
And I'm a fool chased after achievement, turned on the ironman, I was reluctant to start anew ... but the excitement)))
And I have an assumption that the game has a hard random generator ... even in the case of AI behavior, because when I played in the usual mode, creating a new game several times, noticed such a thing, the AIs behave differently.)
Regarding the advantages (bonus) of AI, I put 29 opponents (Spiral 4 sleeves 1000) and 8 with a bonus, it looks like it turned out that I was just surrounded imbeatable AI who say that I am shit and I have no place in this universe: D Constantly arrange crusades on me: D

T
Thorny83 09.11.21

Corvettes are needed! Now I play three fleets of 3 battleships 6 cruisers 12 destroyers 24 corvettes, all wagon, I think to add 2 battleships heal + air defense and 2 with an emphasis on heavy long-range damage (kinetics). So about the corvettes, someone tried to drive flies with a sledgehammer, so the same thing and one battleship against 10 corvettes.

T
TTokimon 09.11.21

1Archangel1
I created 3 imbovy stars for 1000 stars, with a bonus. One of them about which I described above as it was merged, I had to load the save, which was done 4 hours ago. And all because he lives in isolation on 2 planets, and does not like guests. And I, with a fool, without asking a neighbor, founded a colony next to him. Well, he says, release 8 planets, or the war oO Offended, between us, as he said, there is no "empty space". I thought I was strong, I thought I would drag it in like everyone else, yeah ... I have been playing for a couple of days from that moment, and every hour I check his attitude towards me, like the other two, but those peaceful ones were still caught) I would not survive 8 ... Here you can study all the technologies for a week, but they practically know everything from the start)
And the randomness of the game is just very happy)

1Archangel1 09.11.21

TTokimon
I've just recaptured the Earth ... the whole sector is in ruins, the economy is in the toilet, at least we agreed on a non-aggression pact for 30 years ... tomorrow I will actively prepare for a crusade, otherwise they pulled me up ... during the war one researcher made my way, I will look for allies otherwise a full paragraph.)

K
Kreyjoh 09.11.21

yes, it's hard without allies ... and if you go out against the alliance alone, then you will get lost ... but with allies, vassals it's too easy ... So think about how to play)))