3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Facehoof 09.11.21 08:15 pm

Can't launch the game (Dark Souls)

Hello.
Today I bought myself a disc with the first Dark Souls. The game crashes on startup. I manage to see only a small fire in the lower left corner and that's it.
But this problem still has a background:
At the first start, Windows Live started along with the game and offered to enter the account to connect the network. I did it. But immediately there was a message that Live needs to be updated. I did that too. After the update, I was informed that the game needs to be restarted. I quit the game, I see the Live update window. It is updated and that's it, I can't start the game anymore. I tried to reinstall, again Live asks to update and all over again. But without updating Live and, as a result, without online, everything works with a bang. But I want to play normally, I shouldn't have bought litsuha = (What to do, help.
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
StalkerVirys 09.11.21

Have you tried to enter the license key on the disk in Steam? I do not know whether the game will bind to the stim after that or not, but if it binds, then the steam version of the live will not be at all.

S
Slonvprotivogaze 09.11.21

Live have been swearing to officially close it for a long time. Maybe that's the point

A
AlexanerFoxSeleznev 09.11.21

install the game via Steam. I personally did it. and everything worked for me)

P
Papa joe 09.11.21

FaceHoof Play
through steam .

R
Raptor227 09.11.21

In fact, Windows Live was cut from the game a long time ago, and your game is pirated: /
Are there still people who buy pirated discs thinking that these are licenses?

c
captainbarboss 09.11.21

Raptor227
Live is still breathing, and the disc license was sold with GFWL. Even in the incentive, at first everything was through live.

F
Facehoof 09.11.21

Thank you all very much!
I entered the key from the disk into Steam and now I'm sitting there shaking it. =)

E
Estus 09.11.21

It was 2016. People keep buying computer games on discs. I clap while standing.

F
Facehoof 09.11.21

Estus
Yes, I love buying games in boxes. I like it =)