3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 09.11.21 08:15 pm

Please help me choose the power supply and cooler for the computer.

Now there is an i5 4460, R7 250x 1GB, 8GB RAM, a 500-watt power supply motherboard ASUS Z87-K and some kind of simple cooler from diip cooler. I'm going to change the card to GTX1070 in the summer. But the fact is that the processor idle temperature ranges from 40-50 degrees, even more in games (Perhaps the thermal paste has dried up, but I still think that a more powerful cooler is needed), the power supply itself is not of high quality (it makes noise, buzz, a friend checked and said that it is better to replace it too). the fact is that I don’t know if the cooler will fit into my case https://market.yandex.kz/product--huntkey-spider-black/10847800. I don’t know which cooler to take, but the main thing is that it also accommodates a power supply unit for 600 -700 watt thanks in advance
24 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ivan Dro 09.11.21

Look at a cooler that is no more than 180 mm in height, such as the DEEPCOOL Ice Blade PRO V2, it is quiet and efficient.
You can take the power supply unit AeroCool Kcas 600W, high-quality power supply unit, quiet, there is a bronze certificate, many different protections, by the way, I recently took one myself.
If you need something cheaper, write.

b
barmaley79 09.11.21

600w will be a little better from 800w with me on a simpler video 750w and then at a minimum

b
barmaley79 09.11.21

the case is standard. so all coolers will come in

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

Ivan Dro
Is it worth changing the computer case itself?

s
saa0891 09.11.21

MrWorld

Zalman CNPS10X Performa
https://www.ulmart.ru/goods/199880

As for the case, there is not much point, if only for some Full Tower, if you have extra money.

I
Ivan Dro 09.11.21

MrWorld
No, I looked at your body, it is good enough, I would not change it if I were you, but if you are tired of it purely visually, with its appearance, and you want something new, then you can take it if finances allow.

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

Ivan Dro
Yes, I don't really care about the drum on the case, the main thing is to be spacious. And another question) Can the i5 4460 cope with the gtx 1070? Of course, the card will be released only on June 10, but some write that the 1000 series needs at least i7.
saa0891
By the way, too, a good cooler, thanks. Only I'm afraid that in Kazakhstan not all stores sell such coolers

I
Ivan Dro 09.11.21

MrWorld
I don’t know for sure about whether or not it can handle it, it hasn’t come out yet, there are no exact tests, when it’s released, and it will be clear what this video card is, then we can say. Not long to wait.

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

Ivan Dro
Well, I hope the processor will pull the card, it's just that there won't be enough for a new one

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

Ivan Dro
Can you ask another question? The fact is that once I had a virus in my computer (like some kind of miner), well, then I didn't really understand what kind of garbage was with the computer, it was very hot. And then one day the temperature in idle jumped to 70 and above, the card also started to burn, well, and then I just realized that I had a virus. I reinstalled everything, but the fact is that the processor temperature in idle ranges from 40 and sometimes up to 50. I read somewhere that because the processor is so overheated, the temperature can still remain the same (40-50 degrees) even if the cooling system is changed.

h
hrdCore 09.11.21

MrWorld
Optional BP is a separate issue - http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/vybor_sistem_pitaniya_pk_bp_ibp_i_problemy_s_nim_v_7-861120/
Ivan Dro wrote:
PSU can take AeroCool Kcas 600W, high-quality power supply, quiet, has a certificate of bronze, a lot of different defenses
This option is like since it is better to avoid. Figy and in terms of the quality of the element base and by email. parameters. Is that "quiet" (at normal temperatures) and there is a certificate of 80+ Bronze, but when choosing a budget power supply, the presence of a certificate is not the first thing to pay attention to, tk. this does not guarantee either the quality of the element base or the level of voltage stabilization.
barmaley79 wrote:
600w will be a little better from 800w on my simpler video 750w and then at a minimum
it is better to look at at least real measurements of energy consumption of various configurations. Then you will not be misled by others.

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

hrdCore
Can you advise yourself an inexpensive power supply unit for my assembly? It's just that there are a lot of options, but you don't want to sit for a long time and don't want to figure it out

h
hrdCore 09.11.21

MrWorld,
if not difficult, it is better to go to the specified topic - http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/vybor_sistem_pitaniya_pk_bp_ibp_i_problemy_s_nim_v_7-861120/
Also "inexpensive" is a relative concept. It is advisable to indicate the budget for the power supply unit, the city and the shops where to look (since the assortment and prices are different).

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

hrdCore
I live in Kazakhstan, the city of Almaty. The system is equipped with an i5 4460 GTX 1070 (I expect to buy) 8 GB of RAM motherboard ASUS Z87-K disk for 1 terabyte. The price is about 20 thousand tenge (this is about 4 thousand rubles).
And if it's not difficult to answer one question) I wrote it above, but so far no one has answered.
MrWorld wrote:
The fact is that once I had a virus in my computer (like a miner of some sort), well, I did not really understand then what kind of garbage was with the computer, it was very hot. And then one day the temperature in idle jumped to 70 and higher, the card also started to burn, well, then I just realized that I had a virus. I reinstalled everything, but the fact is that the temperature of the processor in idle ranges from 40 and sometimes up to 50. I read somewhere that due to the fact that the processor is so overheated, the temperature does not matter may remain the same (40-50 degrees) even if the cooling system is changed

h
hrdCore 09.11.21

MrWorld wrote:
The system has an i5 4460 GTX 1070 (I expect to buy) The
consumption of such a configuration in a double stress test is no more than ~ 290-300 W at 12 V line. In normal use (games) there will be even less. Usually no more than 80-85% of the values ​​in the double stress test.
MrWorld wrote: The
price is about 20 thousand tenge (this is about 4 thousand rubles)
The assortment (from what I see in stock, specific stores that are convenient for you, you did not indicate - so I look at the market) is certainly not so hot. You can pay attention to http://forcecom.kz/ru/cat.php?id=35357 - but only considering that this is a revision made by HEC. You can also visually determine the number of fan blades. There are 7 of them in the KCAS-650M made by HEC. If there are 11, then inside is a lousy platform from Andyson. This point must be taken into account.

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

hrdCore
Thanks for the bp, really good judging by the reviews and the review. Can you please answer that question?) which is below

S
Sanchez ramirez 09.11.21

Perhaps the contact between the crystal and the heat-distributing cover has worsened (there is also a thermal interface there). Although if so, then I do not recommend doing anything about this on my own. Maybe everything is much simpler: the thermal paste on the radiator has dried up, or, let's say, it was loosely fixed. In any case, I think the percent was not chased?

And so plus mister hrdCore, he says real things.

7Rain7 09.11.21

MrWorld
You can look in the direction of the Hipro power supply unit. They are not expensive, and there were no complaints about the quality.

M
MrWorld 09.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
Ok, thanks) But in general, do you think the i5 4460 will fit the GTX 1070?

s
skilsaf32 09.11.21

MrWorld It will
go 99%. In extreme cases, you will overclock the percent.