3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21 08:15 pm

What are principles? .. (Stellaris)

What are principles and why change them?

On the planets, by decrees or setting policies, you can change the meaning of "change of principles". And I still do not understand - what is it? And why is it needed?

I have not yet fully understood what "happiness" is. Whether it affects the efficiency of mining the rivers or not.

But with happiness it is even more or less clear, with principles - nothing is clear at all.
14 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hydrolisk 09.11.21

As far as I understand, certain principles do not give, for example, to carry out genocide on the planet or to enslave the population. Also a very muddy topic

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

Then it is still more incomprehensible.
If principles are a global characteristic, then why increase it on individual planets. How will this help the planets in development and efficiency?

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

I also remembered that there is even an orbital module, which gives a change in principles. It even requires a rare resource.
And the question arises, how important are the "principles" on one planet, that for the sake of this it is worth occupying an entire section of the station.

H
Hydrolisk 09.11.21

then I probably confused these principles with something

F
FROS_DAD 09.11.21

your race has basic principles that the colonists initially possess, which you equip on other planets, if the colony is far from the capital, then its principles will change, and as an example, you can get friendly xenophiles from militant xenophobes, they will even declare independence or raise a question about regime change, or not, I have not had this before.

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

FROS_DAD
why would they then also help in this, changing the principles?

T
Tsefal 09.11.21

Principles: militarism, pacifism, xenophobia, xenophilia, etc. "Principle change" is the probability of a population cell to change its principles. Thus, factions other than loyalists appear. Individualists, by the way, have an increased chance of changing principles.

I
ImTheGREED 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
Principles (they are also militarism, pacifism, collectivism, etc.) quite strongly affect the gameplay and can simplify / complicate the game (for example, collectivism gives + 50% tolerance for slavery and fanatical and generally 100% and local residents do not lose happiness if slaves on their planet) sometimes people with different principles appear on the planets who are often dissatisfied with what is happening on the planet (although for such there is a genocide button>. <), well, discontent begins, the creation of factions ala freedom of the system is such, riots, etc. etc. Low happiness reduces the production of minerals and credits.

D
DartSeires 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
Can you really read? There is written a change in the principles -10 (minus!)

I
ImTheGREED 09.11.21

Ilya Rak,
why would they then also help in this, changing the principles?
Are you talking about information quarantine? if so then there -10% (in green) to ensure that they do NOT change the principles

F
FROS_DAD 09.11.21

Ilya Rak is
in the same place in the in-game prompts "blah blah blah if the number is green, you don't have to worry", that is, building a station, ministry of goodwill, by issuing decrees you, on the contrary, slow down the processes of changing principles.

S
Sallar 09.11.21

Basically, this minus is used to suppress unrest. For example, a faction climbs into power, or a strike on the planet. Where not calm is shorter there and the line.

M
Mordok 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
Use WiKi: http://www.stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
There, all the dry infa is already categorized, you will find it quickly. You will come up with methods of application during the game.

1Archangel1 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
This is so that all the people of the colony comply with the basic principles of the entire race, the problems with separatism because of the very principles ... Happiness seems to affect productivity, because my unfortunate usurped mushrooms do not want to do anything at all (power plants and mines by zeros) and still hold constant strikes and call for an uprising ...)