3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
speednоva 09.11.21 08:17 pm

Graphic mod Sweet FX (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Firework! I was looking for some Sweet FX at my leisure that would not affect any effects other than anti-aliasing. For all the time, how many different Sweet FX and ENB to install on different games, none of them liked. As for me, they only spoil the atmosphere in games and that's it. But that's not the point. I came across this variation, which for NFS HP was laid out for the same purpose:
http://www.playground.ru/files/need_for_speed_hot_pursuit_sweet_fx_smaa_-_polnoe_sglagivanie-75230/

I tried to roll it to GTA. In principle, it works, it works. It is impossible to play with the usual anti-aliasing for me. Yes, the minimal msaa turns the game into a slide show, and fxaa doesn't want to work on my 1280x1024 monitor for some reason. If you enable it in the driver, it works but turns everything into wild soap. Nvidia owners are sure to understand what this is about.
And with this preset at least it became possible to play. But somehow everything is exactly wrong. Firstly, the anti-aliasing range is very small, and secondly, some of the details and the main characters, if it does, are very bastardly.

Sweet FX connoisseurs, can you please tell me if it is possible to tweak something in the settings for a more distant drawing of anti-aliased objects and improve anti-aliasing itself? Within reason, of course, so that the FPS does not get fattened, otherwise there will be no sense in it.
And there the version of the mod itself is clearly far from new and can it be worth updating? If so, what exactly and how to do it.
Or maybe someone has another ready-made Sweet FX tuned exclusively for anti-aliasing and does not change the vanilla effects of the game. I would be very grateful. :)
PS:
For such a dreary and long description, I apologize, I just could not keep up with a shorter description of what I absolutely do not understand. :)
12 Comments
Sort by:
o
osyotr 09.11.21

Screenshots with this SweetFX in GTA you will not throw off?

s
speednоva 09.11.21

Nikita507
Well, yes, judging by the settings. Thanks. If only in more detail, with regards to the settings. What exactly and within what limits it is better to exhibit. I poked around yesterday on the Internet, sort of figured out relatively how it works and what is responsible for what. But somehow it was not possible to achieve that anti-aliasing would work well.
By the way, about the specific Sweet FX, which is in the NSF theme, for some reason it stopped working. I thought I might have tweaked it, but no. I downloaded the new one, deleted the old files before installing. Not in any. The first time it worked 100%, it couldn't seem. It was noticeable at least in the slightly changed colors and blurred fonts. Anyway, okay, because I tried to put ReShade + Sweet FX from K-putt'e and was very pleased. Perhaps this is the first Sweet FX, which does not spoil the atmosphere of the game in my opinion, but on the contrary makes it better. In principle, it does not bring anything new, but makes vanilla effects a little bit juicier. On it, in fact, I began to delve into the essence of the work of FX. But his SMAA settings, the same is overlooked a lot.

On these points, I would like to hear advice. Who experimented and achieved the result. Share your specific values:
SMAA_THRESHOLD
SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS
SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG
SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING
SMAA_EDGE_DETECTION
SMAA_PREDICATION
SMAA_PREDICATION_THRESHOLD
SMAA_PREDICATION_SCALE
SMAA_PREDICATION_STRENGTH
And also here this:
the define sharp_strength
the define sharp_clamp
the define pattern
the define offset_bias

In general, I have found at last something for everyone, a great option. Just what I was looking for. And no unnecessary effects and anti-aliasing is the best I've tried these days. In short, what the doctor ordered. If anyone is interested, I took it here:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=398816
There are 30 different settings. I snatched SMAA + FXAA + Sharp Default for myself. Perfectly smooths the picture and almost does not lather. FPS at the same time, if a couple and gobbled up, then no more than any other Sweet FX settings.
I did not check the rest of the tinctures. Yes, I don't need them, I found what I wanted. Screens by the way, there are 30 settings for all, if suddenly anyone is interested.

d
danulaca 09.11.21

How to set up SweetFX?

H
Homikator 09.11.21

danulaca
Something like this: https://yandex.ru/search/?text=%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA%20%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D1% 80% D0% BE% D0% B8% D1% 82% D1% 8C% 20SweetFX% 20% D0% B4% D0% BB% D1% 8F% 20Grand% 20Theft% 20Auto% 205 & lr = 213

d
danulaca 09.11.21

Homikator
Do you think if Google didn't help, then Yandex will help?

H
Homikator 09.11.21

danulaca
It seems like it's easy to install and turn on with a hot button?

d
danulaca 09.11.21

Homikator
Yes, but what are you downloading? If you just download SweetFX off. site, then graphic changes (for the better) you will not see. On PG you can download SweetFX with the configured config, by the way, it is not SweetFX that is configured, but the config.

B
Batyr Danov 09.11.21

When you start GTA 5 with SweetFX and when you turn it on in the game ... inscriptions appear at the top left. Can I delete them?

I
Ignatyeff 09.11.21

Batyr Danov
And how do they bother you?

B
Batyr Danov 09.11.21

Ignatyeff
Strain ... I'm a little bit perfectionist

A
Anatoly Burmistrov 09.11.21

in the preset itself, dig in there should be in the code

F
Fallen werewolf 09.11.21

Ignatyeff
It seems like they asked "how to delete", didn't they?