3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Ansaphone 09.11.21 08:17 pm

A few questions about colonization (Stellaris)

1) When you build a research station over an undeveloped civilization, there are several types of research, what does each of them give? (just observe, intervene, or accelerate development to the space age)
2) If we allow developing them to the space era, then they will be like for you and your planet?
3) There are technologies for modifying your race (they allow you to adapt on unusable planets), how to use them?
4) Does it hurt if you terraform a planet that has your inhabitants?
5) If you push, say, stations and planets into sectors, resources are not consumed (influence), but as I understand it, the increase in resources from all mining stations and planets in the sector decreases? where can I see it in the game?
6) So I captured the planet and the captured area around it, and next to the enemy borders, and over time they wrested the area around the captured planet from me, the question is how is this and how to find out the area of ​​possession? And how can they be passively expanded? (Other than capturing planets and stars)
7 Comments
Sort by:
B
Brashnashla 09.11.21

1-2. Observe - cut the science of sociological research, interfere - I don't remember, accelerate - they will become a space race / empire and your vassal, there is also a replacement of people with their aliens - then the colony will enter your empire. Social Research Points will be spent on acceleration and replacement.
4. No. On the contrary, they will live well
5. There, in the overview of the empire, the balance of the sector is shown, as well as how much it supplies resources. When creating a sector, by default, it directs 50% to its development - you can decrease / increase this figure
6. I did not understand the essence of the question, the influence, as I understand it, depends on the size of the population. The easiest way to squeeze out the territory is with an outpost - it will eat up influence if it is not pushed into the sector, but it will add territory not weakly

S
Schurl miller 09.11.21

1. Each of the choices gives a certain bonus in the form of points. When you direct the choice of action, you can see everything in detail;
2. Absolutely. If you act aggressively, you can almost kill them all. Upon entering the space age, they can be recalled and attacked, or immediately invited to the alliance, if only they accelerated their development;
3. "Contacts" -> "Race" -> Choose a race -> "Change". Further, choosing a planet and spending points;
4. It shouldn't hurt in any way. If you terraform to a perfect plant, then it will only be a big plus;
5. This does not affect the growth of resources. Influence is spent when you remove a planet from a sector. In the Empire tab, you can contemplate all your planets, their governors, settlements, modules, as well as production power;
6.1. Move the camera away to the galactic map;
6.2. No way. Only the capture of planets, the construction of forts and colonization.

Correct if wrong somewhere. I just didn't really understand the last two questions.

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Ansaphone
Schurl Miller
2. I will add: if the race developed itself, without your help, then going out into space it will become an independent state (even if there was an observing station to study the locals (without help)), even if it is in your border radius.
5. The sector will pay you 25, 50, 75% of all extracted resources. You can choose whatever you want. Naturally, the more the sector gives you, the less it develops the planets. But you can manually throw energy loans and minerals into the sector. Then he will be delighted ^^
6. The border radius expands even with an increase in the population on the planet, with the discovery of technologies to increase the radius, well, and border posts (they are only affected by technology boosts).

A
Ansaphone 09.11.21

Thanks a lot for the answers. now I see the point in capturing large planets (more population - more coverage)

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

But then the question is: if there are several planets in the system, then the radius of the empire will increase by the sum of the settlements of both (all) planets?

A
Ansaphone 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
By the way, yes, also interesting

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
I did not notice the difference. Most likely there is a radius from a larger planet.