3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex Fedorov 09.11.21 08:17 pm

Diplomacy (Stellaris)

I ran into a problem, relations with all known races are good, but I can't offer anyone to join the alliance and no one takes me showing -50 base and different approaches to the war. Tell me what the marked items mean and how to increase their value? Thanks.

15 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

Alex Fedorov is the
only thing I can advise (I did it myself) - just give them profitable trade agreements. So that there (in agreement) there are big green numbers.
Then their attitude will improve, and they will accept you into the alliance.

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

But I could not found a federation.

s
scorg94 09.11.21

Alex Fedorov
First, it is worth sending an embassy to improve relations.
Secondly, it is worth making alliances with races with the same ethics (I don’t remember the exact name, this is where militarism, xenophilia, etc.)

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Alex Fedorov
Pacifists will always have a minus in their relationships (except for their own kind). The base at -50 is constant.

1Archangel1 09.11.21

Alex Fedorov
The same, but I still have a fine due to the level of the game ... at a loss I reached -5 approval and I can't go on (((

A
Alex Fedorov 09.11.21

SemyStall
i.e. no matter what -50 will always be? sadly, otherwise it turned out to be done only with dudes who are far away from me

A
Alex Fedorov 09.11.21

Dima Ogorodnikov
relations with everyone with whom he wanted to conclude ali 150+, but little sense

A
Alex Fedorov 09.11.21

I'm more interested in "different approaches to war"

s
stranjer8 09.11.21

Speaking of diplomacy (so as not to create unnecessary topics, I'll write here). Am I really due to the fact that when creating a race I chose xenophobia (in conjunction with materialism) I cannot conduct normal diplomacy with non-human races? I finally met my first brothers in mind, a diplomacy window appears, and there ALL options for an answer boil down to "go nafig, I hate you." It's ridiculous.

M
Mordok 09.11.21

stranjer8
In the sense of ridiculous?
When you chose / created a race, you yourself chose bonuses for it. Your bonus: boost your mineral and food production by 20% without any penalties.
The materialist has given a research bonus.
Khosh to engage in diplomacy - DO NOT play as a xenophobe.

I play as a militarist / ardent materialist. At an early stage, I got in touch with the neighbors of the materialists; upgraded the fleet; being stronger than them, he offered to join the alliance (at a loss). After the alliance, without worrying about the rear, he began to populate everything above him. I flooded down.
Now, we have a quarter of a galaxy with two snouts. So that the ally does not have stupid thoughts, my fleet is always better. As soon as the armada crawls out of orbit (specially for servicing the pumped one), 400 energy credits a month flies away. During wars, I buy thousands of credits for minerals (1: 1.1 on average) from my ally's neighbors. Thus, I create contradictions for him at the border, again so that I do not think stupidity to myself.
If we trample on each other now, there will be two fat empires without military support - any jackal will swallow. And so, we are growing handsome.

If I played for a xenophobe, I would have driven strangers into slavery on fig planets. And so, you have to create androids and lose credits on them.

s
stranjer8 09.11.21

Mordok When
you chose / created a race, you yourself chose bonuses for it.
It did not say about the fact that the dialogues in diplomacy should be changed. I thought it only changes some parameters.

Khosh to engage in diplomacy - DO NOT play as a xenophobe.
Diplomacy is not such an easy thing that you should only communicate with those you like. For example, the use of normal diplomacy in civilization 5. At the same time, I play Civka and my country is bordered by the Mongols, who have already captured two countries and declared war on the third. Of course they do not like me, because sooner or later they may attack me. Therefore, you have to pretend to be their friend, in order to once dig up strength and wipe them off the face of the earth.

And in stellaris, as I understand it, you can't get it, because because of stupid "principles" I can get into a situation where I will be forced to be rude to a neighbor with a stronger fleet, with whom I would prefer to be friends, for the time being. It's as if I’m not playing for the leader of civilization, but in general it’s not clear for whom and I don’t have normal freedom of choice.

M
Mordok 09.11.21

stranjer8

It was not said there about changing the dialogues in diplomacy. I thought it only changes some parameters.
Now you know. You will take this factor into account in the next game.
Paradoxes do not bother chewing too much, for this they have their own wiki for each game (with access from the game) and developer diaries.
Thank you for at least lining them up in a circle (principles, types of planets), otherwise it was necessary to blindly test or google.

Diplomacy is not such an easy thing ...
I have been playing ciwa since the first part, including all sorts of colonization old and new, Alpha Centauri old and new.
There has never been a concept of social orientation, and therefore you can enter into alliances with just anyone (not counting the crookedness of diplomacy itself in Tsiva). It all came down to the relative strength of your armies: being a weak empire, no neighbor would sign a treaty with you, even if you have no common borders.

And in stellaris, as I understand it, you can't get it, because because of stupid "principles" I can get into a situation where I will be forced to be rude to a neighbor with a stronger fleet, with whom I would prefer to be friends.
In stellaris, you were given freedom of choice in diplomacy. If you want to increase it, skate for a xenophile, and if you want bonuses from slavery, all you have to do is chat with your own kind. All at once is impossible here.

In any case, a neighbor with a stronger fleet can open an embassy and quickly raise your fleet. If you have different views, sooner or later the weak side will be transferred to the vassal. If the views are the same, maybe even with a weak fleet they won't get on you?
I'm not sure here, but it's worth a try.

s
stranjer8 09.11.21

Mordok
There has never been a concept of social orientation,
Only now all people on the planet cannot adhere to one opinion. And the majority often decides little, because the majority is the people, and the minority is the government. And besides, people's opinions can change over time, but here, if I'm not mistaken, the mentality of your people is immovable granite.

that's why you can conclude alliances with just anyone.
And in real life, the government concludes agreements only with those who like the people? It would be nice to give the player more freedom of action in stellaris, but let his diplomacy influence the happiness of the people, or some other indicator. That is, some kind of peace treaty with the xenos will cause resentment among people. Freedom of choice, variety of gameplay.

In stellaris, you have been given freedom of choice in diplomacy.
But why does this freedom of choice exist only at the moment of the creation of the race? And what, every damn time to start a new game when you find flaws in the starting conditions? If we consider that the game begins with a rather slow development, then it will have time to get bored.

In any case, a neighbor with a stronger fleet can open an embassy and quickly raise your fleet. If you have different views, sooner or later the weak side will be transferred to the vassal. If the views are the same, maybe even with a weak fleet they won't get on you?
That is, in the game, everything is reduced to the size of the egg and ... the fleet? And what about diplomacy? Trade? Scientific excellence? Does it not affect anything at all? If so, then, excuse me, this game is much less diverse than the same fifth civilization. Given the rave reviews for the game, I was expecting a little more than just another space war, of which there have been so many in recent years.

M
Mordok 09.11.21

stranjer8
With Tsiva didn’t prokanalo so real with Iksami dragged?
Correct nations, carry out migrations - learn the mechanics of the game. If you don't have enough patience and everything is needed in one sitting, then you have chosen the wrong game.

I
ImamHattab 09.11.21

stranjer8
Dear, you made a mistake with the game. If you are a munchkin by conviction, then Civilization is your ultimate level. It is better not to aim at paradoxical games. Look, in the middle of the game he wants to change ethics.