3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
forkiller 09.11.21 08:33 pm

Which anti-aliasing to choose (optimal) (Doom (2016))

Help me figure out anti-aliasing. The game has several variants of the same anti-aliasing, for example: just FXAA is FXAA (1TX). And there is simply TSAA and there is TSAA (1TX) (or something like that) I did not notice the difference by eye. Explain what is it in brackets for such (TX) and how it differs from a simple one and which one is better to choose?
18 Comments
Sort by:
V
Victor Tsoi 09.11.21

forkiller
Well, what do you like on this and play, what problems, well, or on standard play.

f
forkiller 09.11.21

Victor Tsoi
Well, I put FHAA for myself, I'm just wondering how it differs from the FXAA (1TX). From a technical point of view, so to speak, I would like to understand

S
Sidorovich12 09.11.21

forkiller
FXAA is a universal anti-aliasing algorithm that can be used in applications, even in those that do not support it. A distinctive feature of this type of anti-aliasing is low resource consumption, in contrast to standard and extended, but does not differ in special quality. Well, for example, the same MSAA and TSAA are better versions of anti-aliasing, but accordingly the system requirements are more significant.

V
Victor Tsoi 09.11.21

forkiller
Well, play the one you like, and enjoy the game, by the way, it's true that the optimon is awesome here (?)

s
saa0891 09.11.21

forkiller wrote:
I did not notice the difference by eye.
If you don't see the difference, put FXAA and the performance will be better.

b
blin88 09.11.21

Victor Tsoi
I have below 90 fps does not sit on ultra, I'm shocked to be honest, the graphics in the game are first-class! excellent optimization for nvidia cards!

L
Lex slim 09.11.21

If you want to understand purely technically, then read the articles on the Nvidia website, everything is detailed there.
Only there you can't figure it out without half a liter
And so, FXAA is simpler and quite effective

V
Victor Tsoi 09.11.21

blin88
Well, this is for nvidia and for amd?

V
Victor Tsoi 09.11.21

blin88
Especially with such a vidyuhoy like yours, it would still sag (FPS).

f
forkiller 09.11.21

Sidorovich12 (ATP for the
info ) saa0891
Well, I judged approximately, FXAA is the golden mean in terms of quality / performance. So I'll just leave it to FXAA

R
Rampertumskin 09.11.21

fxaa for perverts and not the middle, and certainly not the golden one, a bar of soap is useless. use smaa (1tx). and finally the last best anti-aliasing. do not forget to set the sharpness of the textures 3 - 3.5 so that there is no soap.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

which fps eats more then put the peck-peck

R
Rimof 09.11.21

On my typewriter (i5 4570, 660-Ti, 8gb, win10 x64) - anti-aliasing does not affect performance at all, so I chose the best and I am satisfied

A
Alamut95 09.11.21

FXAA (like the vaunted TXAA) "soap" the picture, this is its drawback.

I
Igego 09.11.21

forkiller
I realized that the optimal is TSAA (1TX)

s
shhelkun 09.11.21

forkiller
not a great example
Spoiler

S
SanSanZ 09.11.21

FXAA is a solid soap, SMAA is clearly better and eats bullshit.

f
forkiller 09.11.21

Igego
My TSAA noticeably sits down FPS. But FXAA and SMAA, I generally don't see any difference between them, and they are more loyal to performance