3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kreyjoh 09.11.21 08:33 pm

War tactics. Let's discuss? (Stellaris)

I do not play for long, so you can tell me something))) So, as far as I understand, after the announcement of war on the AI, it throws all its nearby forces on the nearest, less protected system.
It turns out there are only 2 options;
- Meet him in this system, give him a lull and then beat his system. But in this version it is necessary to improve the tech. defense of the planets (otherwise you will not have time to defend) and everything connected with this, and this is a cloud of time for research.
- Or immediately knock out the targets of the war with lightning speed, with your fleet on its territory, but hammer a bolt on your system (it will be destroyed in 80% of cases). Then the war ends, his fleet goes home, if he has somewhere to go.
So which option is more preferable in your opinion? It is not expensive to restore the system economically, and it takes a lot of research time. And the absence of defensive structures adds a pungent feeling))) I usually play at max difficulty, without saving.
3 Comments
Sort by:
1Archangel1 09.11.21

Kreyjoh
If the conflict is in the early stages, then all the fleets need to be sent to the enemy's capital planet (before that, the task is to choose the appropriate one) and the stations must be destroyed, and then wait until all their ships trample on to defend their homeland, this gives an advantage, because ... firstly, the enemy will throw all his forces, but they will not arrive immediately, and secondly, a competent alignment of forces with reinforcements gives a guarantee that the war will not drag on and the economy will not fall down because of it, a long war is destructive in this game ...

1Archangel1 09.11.21

Kreyjoh
If things are already going on in the era of the dawn of the empire, then I would advise waging war throughout the enemy's territory (fortunately, by this time the fleet limit is good and the economy is stable), but also do not forget about the fortified areas in their sectors in key positions , together with the self-defense forces on the planets ... the war will be long with losses, a blitzkrieg as in the early stages of the game will not work ...

S
SemyStall 09.11.21

Kreyjoh
The third option often happens to me: the enemy goes to ravage my capital at once, even if it is at the other end of the galaxy, regardless of my other systems. I meet him at the capital, I tell them that they are wrong, and I fly to their capital to finish off the remnants of the fleet, which he is exiled from their territories.
All this applies to the enemy at least "on an equal footing".