3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikkess 09.11.21 08:35 pm

Dialogue via Ginny (The Witcher)

Hello everyone! For scientific work, you need to compare the translations of games, I chose The Witcher. I played the game for a long time, downloaded the game through Steam and picked up 2 old saves, at the very end for transferring to 2. The PROBLEM is that through the genie I cannot find any normal dialogue with any thread of the character, only devolted from dialogs with the seller, blacksmith, and other rascal. WHERE can I find normal dialogues? Ginny writes their names following the example of cn_triss01, cn_haren01 ... I don't have them on my computer, where I haven't looked, there is no overrun folder either, please help!
8 Comments
Sort by:
J
JABA AZAZINA 09.11.21

Nikkess
tried to work somehow in this editor, but nothing came of it. most likely you need to unpack the archives of the game program, but again, if so, then personally I xs what exactly to unpack.

D
DeadMan451 09.11.21

Nikkess
To get to the dialogs, you need to unpack the game archives. This is done by the BIFRip program (I can't find links now, google to help)
PS It is advisable to unpack it not into the game folder itself, but somewhere else, otherwise you can create a lot of problems with the game.
After unpacking, simply drag the DLG directory to the Witcher / Data folder for Ginny to see.

N
Nikkess 09.11.21

DeadMan451
Thanks for the advice, I'll try and unsubscribe

D
DeadMan451 09.11.21

Nikkess
If it doesn't work out, then somewhere on Sunday evening I can throw off all the unpacked dialogues (it won't work before, I'll only get home on Sunday night).

N
Nikkess 09.11.21

DeadMan451
Thank you so much! I got a little down on how to use the programs, but it worked! I am already working on comparing translations. If you need help in translating Russian-English, please contact us! If something simple, then Spanish - French - Russian too! You helped me a lot!

N
Nikkess 09.11.21

Nathan-Explosion Explosion
Thanks for the answer! In general, I unpacked everything and what I needed was in main.key.

D
DeadMan451 09.11.21

Nikkess
Not at all!
I don't need help with translations now, I temporarily moved away from active modding; but with pleasure I read the work comparing translations (if possible);)

N
Nikkess 09.11.21

DeadMan451
Then I'll update this topic by the end of June when the coursework is finished. I do not promise that it will be very interesting, but I'm just getting started.