3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21 08:35 pm

About Spaceport Modules (Stellaris)

Modules can be built into spaceports.
There are understandable ones: the dock for building cruisers speeds up the building of cruisers; Orbital hydroponic farms give planets a plus for food ...

But what about incomprehensible modules. Most of them are modules that consume rare resources. And they give bonuses.
But it is not clear what these bonuses cover. Only to the star system? Or just into the orbit of the planet? Or an entire empire / galaxy?
10 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lord VIRUsS 09.11.21

rare resources a single currency for construction throughout the empire.

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

Lord VIRUsS
answer: "shovel"
You did not understand the question.

T
TTokimon 09.11.21

As I understand it ... you find, for example, "living metal" (or something like that), build an improvement for it in the dock, so that you can start using it, and now you can build a ship out of it (like).
With animals (pets), I have not figured it out. It seems like they should give happiness, but I could not find where to look, but you can trade well for them.

S
Sallar 09.11.21

Hmm, as I understand it, these improvements give a bonus to ships - produced at this shipyard, for example, by building 20% ​​of shields - the shield value of a ship produced in this shipyard will be higher than it is written in the ship designer.

M
Movsha 09.11.21

The description of the module indicates what modifier it is (ship, orbit, etc.)

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

Movsha is a
modifier of what it is (ship, orbit, etc.)
And how is this to be understood? What does "ship" mean? I built one station and that's it - all ships are better than steel at once?

M
Movsha 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
I don't think so. When you study for example (damage of energy weapons) there is an empire modifier, according to the idea for all ships. And modules at shipyards only strengthen ships built at this shipyard.

M
Mordok 09.11.21

Yesterday I checked it empirically.
Created a new project, a naked striker corvette: basic reactor (1), basic shunting and warp engine, zero cannons.
Build at an ordinary shipyard:
Bronya - 3 (4%)
Build in a shipyard with the Neutronium Workshop module installed
Bronya - 4 (7%)
Checked it on old battleships that were created at the shipyard before installing the module - the armor did not strengthen.

Conclusion: Workshops / factories (if the effect of the type "on the empire / on the orbit / etc. is not specified) will only enhance the ships built at this shipyard.

I
Ilya Rak 09.11.21

Interestingly, can the ships be upgraded so that the bonus also applies to them?

M
Mordok 09.11.21

Ilya Rak
The method does not plow. Corvette has been updated, but the armor has not improved