3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fox345 09.11.21 09:28 pm

number of attempts to hack computers (Fallout 4)

The game initially gives 4 attempts to hack the computer. the fifth I got by finding the bobblehead "Science", the ability "Heart of Steel" (Nick Valentine) should (judging by the description) add one more. But having received this ability, the sixth attempt did not appear. Is this a glitch, or is there a limit of five attempts?
16 Comments
Sort by:
M
Malakidis 09.11.21

just amazing and I thought endless ha ha

f
fox345 09.11.21

Malakidis Means
at once.

n
nestrbob 09.11.21

fox345 The
correct word can often be calculated by subject and spelling, false words are often spelled with grammatical errors, incl. attempts may not be necessary.

f
fox345 09.11.21

nestrbob
thanks for the detailed answer. but the question was not about that.

M
Marty52 09.11.21

nestrbob
false words are often misspelled
Where did this come from? What nonsense? All words are spelled correctly. And the author does not ask about it at all, if you have not noticed.

fox345 There
can be only one additional attempt. That is, in the end, the maximum number of attempts is 5.

n
nestrbob 09.11.21

If you do not click on the words at random, but compare the matching letters, then attempts are quite enough.

f
fox345 09.11.21

Marty52
thanks for the answer.

g
gmh4589 09.11.21

fox345
You can simply save before hacking, and if there were not enough attempts, boot. I always do this, but the given attempts are almost always enough for me.

d
deeppurple1968 09.11.21

Probably many, like me before, do not know how to properly hack terminals. First we try three words, then one try remains. After that, we move the cursor or arrows over all the characters in each line. When a combination of characters enclosed in brackets comes across, for example (; (/: ",") or [,> • / -!], Then this combination is highlighted. Click on it, and then the wrong option will be removed, or the number of attempts will be restored. can be done multiple times, hope this helps you!

f
fox345 09.11.21

gmh4589
deeppurple1968
nestrbob
I answer all at once, I have already completed almost the entire game, all locations are open, the terminals that I came across on my way are all hacked. The question was different, it's just a shame, I ran with this Valentine like a fool to get this ability, it was in vain. And you along the way thought that I am not able to hack terminals, LOL, they are the same as in part 3 and in NV.

n
nestrbob 09.11.21

fox345
Even after blocking, the terminal will recover in 30 seconds. Having received the "Heart of Steel" ability, he will recover in 15 seconds. The question is how many times this ability will be needed per game, and whether it will be needed at all.

f
fox345 09.11.21

nestrbob
"Heart of Steel" not only reduces time, but also increases by one, the number of allowed errors in a single hack.

f
fox345 09.11.21

nestrbob
And my terminals are not blocked, the hacker skill is pumped to the end.

n
nestrbob 09.11.21

fox345
There is no point in wasting a star on an ability - which is not needed.
Spoiler

E
Eraser1729 09.11.21

bobblehead "science" gives one more attempt at hacking

f
fox345 09.11.21

nestrbob
I got a heart of steel in a month and a half as I improved my hacker skill. I did not go through the plot at first, but side quests and explored the map.