3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Winter is coming 09.11.21 09:31 pm

Error code -118 [There is a solution]

Guys, I need help. When you try to go to the "Community" item or view someone else's profile, this error appears: Error

code: -118

Unable to connect to the server. The server may be down or you have no internet connection.

Refreshing the page fixes the problem.
If it does not help, you should restart your computer.
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
Max Fry 09.11.21

I just refresh the page and everything is fine.

W
Winter is coming 09.11.21

Thank you, the problem was solved by restarting the computer)

S
SCAR. 09.11.21

It's not even about the computer, but about the Steam itself - if there is an error 118, then either your Internet has been fooling around, or the Steam servers are indulging (which is most often). There is no need to reload the pitch - just refresh the page or just wait 5-10 minutes.

N
Nikita Lyrin 09.11.21

kille [return my 4 accounts]
Do you have Internet Beeline?

G
Georgy Martynov 09.11.21

I also have error code 118. I have already reinstalled steam and windows does not help. Also I can not go to their website. PS Internet beeline

N
Nikita Lyrin 09.11.21

Georgy Martynov
This is the bottom Beeline problem. Wait until they fix them, or call tech support. it is useless to write, they will answer nonsense.

i
i404 09.11.21

We go to C: WINDOWS system32 drivers etc and open the hosts file with notepad, if there is something superfluous and incomprehensible to you, then we comment on the line, put # in front of the line, # 77.45.09.76 ... reboot, check the steam.

If the steps above did not help, then download www.freedrweb.com/cureit/, check for viruses, reinstall Steam. We connect the computer directly to the cable with the Internet bypassing hubs, switches and, if possible, a router. Disable the firewall and antivirus, reboot and run Steam (as administrator for windows 7 and 8)

http://geega.ru/it/steam-%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%B1 % D0% BA% D0% B0-118 / ... more detailed instructions are available

K
Kenos 09.11.21

and I just restart the Internet and all the rules

I
Ilja Romanow 09.11.21

you need to manually specify DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

v
vladgg161 09.11.21

i404 what
if i have a mac?