3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trigger_zz 09.11.21 09:31 pm

Black Stripes (Dark Souls 3)

People cry from the heart, is there a way for the "happy" owners of square monitors with a resolution of 1280x1024 to get rid of annoying black bars. I know that with Dark souls 2 a similar trick could be done using the Flawless Widescreen program, but there is no such plug-in for the 3rd part. Maybe someone is aware of the current method, through config or something else. I think the problem is relevant for many, if anyone is grateful to respond in advance.
19 Comments
Sort by:
B
Beirut 09.11.21

Well, xs I have from time to time that is, then there are no bands,

maybe MSI Afterburner somehow solves

i
id.Archer 09.11.21

Beirut
what is your screen resolution?

B
Beirut 09.11.21

16:10, there is a trick with a full exit from steam, but there are also disadvantages, all the scene script is now a black square in the center))))

M
Maksanot 09.11.21

Like a problem, the only joke is that the screen resolution is 1280x1024 and there were no stripes (there are screenshots), after the departure, black stripes appeared. This is some kind of perdanskaya magic. I have tried everything, it does not come back.

s
soulShakz 09.11.21

This thing helps with black stripes, I myself have no such problem, I use it for borderless windowed mode.
Spoiler steamcommunity.com / sharedfiles / filedetails /? Id = 663922936

M
Maksanot 09.11.21

soulShakz Is
it possible for those who are in the tank, a little explanation of what and how to do it?) And then I seem to be doing everything right, but ds does not start at all.

R
Rubicon696 09.11.21

Beirut
And what kind of "trick with a complete exit from steam"? Can be more?
I also have 16:10 and I can't get rid of the black bars.

B
Beirut 09.11.21

Yes, you leave the game through alt f4 and close steam, then start the game, or go out with low resolution and alt f4,
although today the patch and xs work, now it seems like crashes and friezes have disappeared, but fps fell from 60 to 40-50 ((

N
NeverSm1le 09.11.21

I have horizontal black bars with 1440x900 extensions, the same problems were in DS and DS 2, everything was fine, then it was thrown out of DS and such a problem arose, and not only in DS, it helps to change extensions to 1366x768 in the game, and change settings in the nvidia control panel. I re-arranged the entire Internet, wrote in many forums, where there is no solution to this problem.

R
Rubicon696 09.11.21

Beirut
Doesn't work. Write down the exact procedure.
And surely you have a resolution of 16:10 and a picture without black bars (top-bottom) and at the same time not stretched and without cropping the frame on the right and left? Show a high-quality full-length (16:10) screen.
In the course of igruha, in principle, he does not know formats other than 16: 9.

B
Beirut 09.11.21

Yes, I sometimes go in there are stripes, when I haven't been there since the morning))))

D
DarkLordProblem 09.11.21

Beirut
write down in order pliz. what do you close and open

R
Rubicon696 09.11.21

Beirut
Yes ... Give a detailed guide to removing black stripes.) Maybe you have something unusual in the driver settings?

B
Beirut 09.11.21

But what kind of guide is there, the stripes disappear after crashes or alt f4, the computer is not cut down at all (working), smoothing and blurring off, you can play with the permission to put 800-600 alt f4, etc.
The game is loaded into a swap file, in giga memory there are 2 total

R
Rubicon696 09.11.21

As always ... after Miyazaki, the game has to be finished by the users themselves.

Here is the black bars solution.
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/dark-souls-iii/en
or https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4fd3d0/ultrawide_219_fixed_using_hex_edit/

There is a specific example for widescreennikof. But by analogy, everything can be configured for any screen.

I checked that everything works. The screen is 16:10, there are no black bars at all, the image is correct. You can customize the picture for square monitors. Try it.

We'll have to tweak the game's executor a bit. And for this they can write out a ban. Although on the forum they say that they should not be banned. Well, I warned you.)

D
DarkLordProblem 09.11.21

Rubicon696
does not, does not work, are there any other ways?

0v3rfl0w 09.11.21

Rubicon696
Thanks for the advice. I had to mess around, but in the end everything works, the black stripes went into a blue fog.

G
Gera007 09.11.21

I will describe it for monitors with a maximum resolution of 1280x1024:
With the Hex editor in DarkSoulsIII.exe, look for the value 00050000D002 (corresponds to the maximum resolution in the 1280x720 window) and replace it with 000500000004 (1280x1024). We save.
In the GraphicsConfig.xml file, the window resolution is set to 1280x1024. The game will start in a square window, load and press alt + enter.
You may also need to install Fov Fix, because the viewing angle still suffers.

D
DarkLordProblem 09.11.21

Gera007
A soft ban was not given?