3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
goaltender 09.11.21 09:40 pm

Steering wheel for ATS / ETS2 (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Greetings! I want to buy a steering wheel for a sim, but with the current prices and salary ... in general, what is good is always sold for a lot.
Who plays the Logitech Driving Force GT? Found on one of the sites used and offer for 1000 hryvnia. Is it worth this game or do you need to save up for a G25 with a manual transmission? The Driving Force GT has an automatic transmission, but playing on the keyboard
got fed up with the automatic transmission .... Who has any opinions? Thanks to!
9 Comments
Sort by:
H
H434P 09.11.21

goaltender
I bought my G27 for 10,000 rubles on Avito, and G25 generally sell 5k, so it's not so expensive

g
goaltender 09.11.21

H434P
Ukrainian salaries are much lower than Russian ones.

4erpak66 09.11.21

The Logitech Driving Force GT is great for playing. Considering that now all trucks are on "robots", then it is generally not worth driving.

S
Slot880988 09.11.21

I had a Logitech Driving Force GT then sold it. Because on the machine as it is not real and boring in general, my opinion is better than a mechanic! Now I bought the G 27 in general fly away))) So do not worry, be patient and take better with the mechanics in races in general, it is very realistic, especially in Azzeto Corsa !!!

T
TruckerUA 09.11.21

I started with a keyboard, then I bought a Genius TwinWheel 900FF, after the keyboard it seemed like a mega steering wheel! Then I sold this miracle and immediately bought a Logitech G25 - this is really MEGA! But then there were problems with money - I sold it too, bought an Xbox 360 controller to replace it, this, in principle, is not a steering wheel ... but it perfectly replaces the keyboard. Now I want to buy a steering wheel again and probably buy a Driving Force GT, there is no money for a good G25, and the difference in 1000/1500 is noticeable.

K
KeeperOfTheBlackmen 09.11.21

goaltender
Slot880988 What makes
you think that Dr.For. GT gearbox automatic? There is a "sequential box". No one bothers to move the lever sequentially at least 6, at least 10, 12, 16 ..., at least 18 gears! (The G25-G29 series has a limit of 12 gears with a divider, if I'm not mistaken.) And assign neutral (for quick turning it on, at a traffic light, for example) to any button on the same steering wheel. There is no big difference, in my opinion, to sort out the gear lever sequentially or move the lever along the slots (well, except for the aesthetic one).
The DF GT has one serious drawback (for whom how) - there is no clutch pedal and spur gears (noisier, more backlashes).
But if it is possible to snatch the G25 in just 1500 grams, I'd rather take it ...

g
goaltender 09.11.21

KeeperOfTheBlackmen TruckerUA

As I understand, you have experience in driving on DF GT and G25? I agree - the G25 is more interesting and worthy, but it is not financially available to buy from a manual transmission ((
Guys, how is the DF GT doing with the pedals - are they hard or how are the buttons and their stroke regulated? If possible - write, I will be grateful.

K
KeeperOfTheBlackmen 09.11.21

goaltender
DF GT is quite worthy, like the entire Logitec line, in contrast to defenders and hails.
The entire line has a brake pedal that is significantly stiffer than the accelerator pedal (and does not creak, unlike non-competitors). The amount of travel is not adjustable, but there are non-linearity and dead zone adjustments for each pedal (including the clutch) in the profile. And there are also no radial and axial backlash and steering shaft creaks, the gearshift lever (including the DF GT) moves smoothly and without a monstrous clicking sound like in defenders ...
And Logitec steering wheels endure the bullying of young drifters more firmly than non-competitors .. ., so it's not so scary to take them B / U-shnymi.

All with the Bright Day of the Great Victory! All health!

T
TruckerUA 09.11.21

goaltender
G25 has experience. As KeeperOfTheBlackmen writes, I think everything is correct - in the future I will also buy DF GT, if I don’t save up for my favorite G25. Yes, that's what really strikes in the G25, so not only the steering wheel and gearbox, but also the stiffness of the pedals - the competitors are resting!