3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
ChekGuevara 09.11.21 09:44 pm

How to deal with nividims? (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)

badtalisman is
not, judge for yourself. came an alien race, in which those. the process is an order of magnitude higher than the earthly one. That, in essence, was the reason for the enslavement of the lower race, i.e. terrestrial.
The fight is quite simple. place fighters within line of sight. those. no more than 10 cells apart. Then there are no problems with dealing with this living creature))))
At first it is difficult, but (if you play in the Enemy within add-on) a gene mod will be available - statics will highlight this invisible evil - then there are no problems at all to deal with it.
There is another way) but it is very strange. Have a grenade launcher in the team))) roughly calculate the place of the squid attack, and zhahnat from the bazooka. There is a varicose that you will kill from 1 time. True, ditch alien technologies, but as the saying goes, murder is murder, no matter how it was committed.
7 Comments
Sort by:
L
LightHOwUSE 09.11.21

The safest way is to sit on readiness, all in a bunch and wait for the appearance) Or use the battle scanner in the area a little closer to your soldiers, from the place of the first detection of the seekers. Also, if the sniper is smoking from behind, then there is a high probability that they will fly towards him.

PS and to fight the seekers with missiles ... Well, I don’t know)) This is some kind of HULK, CRUSH. And Valen will whine in his ear even later)

B
BoarIbun 09.11.21

use combat readiness and wait for the attack

s
stranjer8 09.11.21

Tactical strategy, damn it. Either blow up everything, or hit the corner and don't stick out until you finish off the creatures with combat readiness. And if we take into account the club-handedness of the fighters, then the chance to do without injuries is extremely small. Moreover, these creatures cannot be knocked down if you hit them with "combat readiness" when they attack. Or it may be that the entire combat readiness of the detachment will go to the first Squid, and the second will calmly begin to choke the soldier.

This is all so stupid that it looks more like some kind of imperfection in the gameplay, along with hundreds of other imperfections (such as body armor, which you do not put on yourself, but put in your pockets instead of grenades).

C
ChekGuevara 09.11.21

badtalisman
I don't know if you are playing the original version, or with the Long War mod.
In vogue - if you took a group to disembark, then after the task the group needs time to rest.
You need to have 2-3 groups in constant readiness to repel attacks.
Yes you are right. There is a chance of subordinates being curved. But my tactics are either twos or threes of fighters to walk. there is a great chance to hedge when pushing directions.
In general, everything would be nothing in the game, if only there is a battle and the enemy gets out - a berserk. This is definitely a zapadlo. The whole mood is spoiled by this monster. There are many lives. Moving fast. It hurts. I think this monster is one of the most dangerous. Except for the one that takes possession of the mind of the fighter and begins to act against your own team.

C
ChekGuevara 09.11.21

LightHOwUSE
hehehe) but it's cool) it's
not for nothing that this class of fighters is in the game) + you can use their missiles to deprive the enemy of a tactical advantage, blowing up shelters and leaving the latter in an open field) and there they are like in an open field - it's even a pity to shoot))) looks like beating a baby))))))

C
ChekGuevara 09.11.21

badtalisman
ah yes. Then you will develop a thing for the fighters. I call it - toilet rim. You put on a fighter and he is not afraid of being smothered by squid.

E
EMPs 09.11.21

badtalisman
Fighters, in spite of their "curvature", with the correct placement and pumping, can shoot normally without injuring their own.
So that combat readiness does not go to one squid, the fighters should always overlap each other, but at the same time not all at once. Ie put their backs to buildings, etc., and put them not very close. (while observing that they would not all see each other, and for example one sees one, the second, the second, etc.)
Bullet-proof vests in the pockets? Well, actually ... Broniki they are worn on themselves, as expected. But what your body armor is, it is just plates, or shields. or something else. That is, it takes the place of the fighter / weighs how much kg, it is quite logical that he cannot take anything else with him ..

And on the topic ... If you still do not reach the technology / expensive to make genetic engineering / amp for the armor. That is just the correct placement of fighters and combat readiness, immediately after the discovery of the departure of the squid into the "invisible". They themselves will be killed ...