3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mavy 09.11.21 11:14 pm

It is finished! DoW3 (Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War 2)

Who thinks about this event? What can you expect? The description of the trailer says Tactical RPG, which is somewhat sad and suggests a greater similarity with DoW2 than with the 1st part.
7 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wulfdor 09.11.21

Mavy
Well, they say that there will be bases, but the emphasis will be on units as in DoW2, and not on who developed faster and won as in StarCraft 2 (I hope).
Well, in general, there is a grain of information, so there really is nothing to discuss here, only if the next srach is thrown about what is better and more interesting, DoW or DoW2. If anything, then I liked DoW2 more, in my opinion from warhammer there more than in the first part. The first part was more like StarCraft, but I don't need another StarCraft2, and one is enough. I want warhammer.

M
Mavy 09.11.21

Wulfdor
I don't know. For me, the scale in DoW2 is not the same. I'd love to see something like the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for DoW1. Still, the titans in the trailer, I think, are not casual.

N
NOD 97 09.11.21

Wulfdor
It seems to me that if there are bases in the campaign, but the main emphasis is on the troops, then we will just get a campaign from the skirmish.
In general, as already mentioned, the campaign really lacks scale. If the game has a campaign of such small operations as in DOW2, then we will not see the scale, and if the campaign is just a conquest, then it will be big battles. I’m even wondering if the developers will choose one of these options, or blind (in a good way) something new from them.

R
R 25 09.11.21

Mavy
From the screenshots it looks like a cross between DoW1 and DoW2. There are more troops, but not many. Plus, the system of shelters will be different, which is already scattered only by detachment local disassembly. From the point of view of the universe, the second DoW is more correct than the first, where the same spacemarines riveted in batches and died. But for some reason the people fell in love with the first part.

W
Wulfdor 09.11.21

Mavy
NOD 97
Scale, scale ... The scale was before and during the "Horus Heresy", in 40,000 there were mainly only local conflicts (local by Wahi standards, of course), in one order there are about 1000 paratroopers who are scattered according to their system and more than half are guards. So what scale do you want?

Ruski25
Because those who fell in love with the DOW are not familiar enough with the Wahi universe to understand that spacemarines DO NOT rivet in packs!

M
Mavy 09.11.21

Wulfdor
Well, I don't agree with the scale. Armageddon alone is worth something. At the expense of marines, yes, no one rivets them in packs, but they die quite actively.

W
Wulfdor 09.11.21

Mavy An
event like Armageddon does not happen every day (and in the DOW it is clearly not Armageddon that happens) and still is inferior in scale to the Heresy, for obvious reasons. And so mostly local conflicts, gang on gang. In the order of the landing there are not many, but the orders themselves are dofig, and they are all scattered throughout the imperium, and all that the 40,000 empire does is defend itself. And during the Heresy - he attacked, that's why the scale is different.