3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
solaire 09.11.21 11:29 pm

Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 (Dark Souls 3)

Gentlemen, the creation of the topic is primarily done to compare these parts, I do not take the second into account for obvious reasons.
Which one did you like best overall?
I will say that the first one just hit me in the fall and became a revelation for many years. But about the third I can not say this and almost equate to the second. Could it be that first impression? I mean that I would like that very ecstasy, but it is not. Please dissuade me in the secondary nature of the third part.
10 Comments
Sort by:
B
BoB_Er 09.11.21

60 fps is the best part.

_
__MET__ 09.11.21

solaire
well, I don’t know ... in some ways you’re right. there is no such thrill, which was from the passage of the first part. But it is worth considering that at the time of the release of the first game, for us it was something incredibly complex and interesting (and I did not know about demonic sauce then). Now we have played enough both in the first and in the second (which, by the way, did not really impress me) and more or less got used to all sorts of sauce chips. So, the third is not something new for us. It's just a well-done old one, with better graphics, more dynamic gameplay, and a slightly darker world. In general, the third part seemed to me a mixture of the first part and a little Bloodborn.

r
regeger 09.11.21

solaire
It is in the first impression and the point. Continuation of the game with the same mechanics, essentially the same graphics, atmosphere, etc. a priori will not give the same vivid emotions. EVEN! if this continuation is performed at a relatively high level.
DS will not be able to offer anything new except inventive online and new bosses - and this is not a secondary issue - too drastic changes can alienate "true" or "true" fans from the game (see "masochist")). Even a great lore - and that one is cyclical.
I have a completely similar gaming experience after Demon's Souls and DS1. You need to be happy that the game is more like DS1 than DS2.
IMHO.

S
Sergey Buvaka 09.11.21

solaire
It's not that the game has gotten worse. Or it got easier. Just comrades, we have learned to play. We learned to dodge, learned not to wait for anything simple, learned not to run headlong through empty corridors, t. We know that it is imperative that someone will fall from somewhere or come out. We learned not to plant the whole stamina in the boss of the series, tk. Why would it be necessary to evade and so on. I didn’t play the first part, I started with the second part and got such ecstasy from it that I couldn’t express it in words. Now I play in the third and this is no longer there, and not because the game has become easier and worse. No. She is great. Bosses have become more mobile, more diverse, less predictable. Opponents have also become much more dangerous, and the world looks gorgeous. Optimization pleases. It's just that I already know what DS is, I don't expect that the boss is easy if he is not very mobile at the beginning of the battle.

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 09.11.21

The first is still darker. The location with the burial ground of the giants was especially successful. As it should be underground. But that is not the darkness. It has its own atmosphere. In general, I like the first and the third equally. In the third, as they said, 60 frames. Plus the dynamics. And other pleasant changes. For example, you can sell things to everyone at once. Convenient exit from the guild. Etc.
Yes. And the game is not easier. We are all already accustomed to its mechanics. On the first, they would only die on the way.

s
sti11man 09.11.21

there is no need to dissuade, if everything is so. "Secondary" is a very apt definition. And the point here is not in the sequence of the release, before the same DS1 there was Demon's souls, but only DS1 fired, giving rise to almost a cult around itself. The reasons are obvious: it is improved in everything, with a lot of its own uniqueness. DS3 is like new star wars, pressure on nostalgia by repeating old techniques, but no more.

W
Wulfdor 09.11.21

solaire
There won't be this ecstasy anymore, it's just something new for you and without a compromise, it would be the same if you never played RPG, but only jokers, and played there Gothic, Risen, Witcher, dragon edge and so on. For me, Dark SoulsIII is better than the last two in every way.

D
DenDi333 09.11.21

And it seems to me that the third part is easier than the first, in the first there was no way to bring down mini bosses from the bow, and then please climbed higher pulnul jumped jumped and all the hardcore, the only time his hands shook when he finished off the pontiff Salivan with HP to zero, and the rest of the deaths less in the third part than in the first, or attention is affected in the dynamics of the game or slightly nerfed developed.
The first part of the game will definitely remain the benchmark for me, everything was as it should be, not the slightest help to the player and the skeletons stood up a thousand times, the catacombs were generally ass-tearing and the lower the worse.

S
Sergey Dobrovolsky 09.11.21

because the Chinese can only do grind, except for new mobs and bosses in the game there is nothing new and the funny thing is that the 3rd part is a remake of the 1st if you look closely

M
MU-admin 09.11.21

the controls in the third part got better. and so two Japanese ugly