3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pavloalex 09.11.21 11:31 pm

Which is better, hardening for magic or buff? (Dark Souls 3)

Actually the question is in the subject.
There are various options ...
But I don’t understand the moments: when buffed for various effects (fire, lightning, etc.), the effects are temporary, and when hardened for magic, they are permanent.
What to choose in the end, what is the difference, pros and cons?
Maybe it’s easier to immediately zvcharovyvatena weapon on a constant, or choose a temporary effect?
8 Comments
Sort by:
f
fedorkonyxov 09.11.21

in my opinion, it is better to sharpen either with a heavy gem (if you are pumping strength), or sharpened (if you are pumping agility), and when meeting with the boss, simply smear the weapon with what he is vulnerable to.

M
Marty52 09.11.21

pavloalex
What to choose in the end, what is the difference, pros and cons?
You have already answered your question: when buffed for various effects (fire, lightning, etc.), the effects are temporary, and when hardened for magic, they are permanent. Only when hardening you lose a fairly large part of physical. damage in exchange for additional (magic, fire, etc.) damage, which may be completely useless against some opponents. The best training in the game is an exquisite weapon (provided that you pump both strength and dexterity equally).

p
pavloalex 09.11.21

Marty52
... and where is it agreed? Or was he not attentive?
Stupidly: broadsword /, or something like that I harden to fire. What do I lose?

V
VеRteX 09.11.21

Marty52 I
also noticed that many opponents have protection from magic, so I always carry a second sword with me, exclusively for physical. damage.

pavloalex
pavloalex wrote:
Stupid: broadsword /, or something like that I heat to fire. What do I lose?
You lose the bonus stats of the sword for strength and dexterity (this is about a broadsword, other weapons may lose a stat bonus from intelligence or faith), that is, pumping new character levels will never increase the damage of this weapon, only with titanite and then everything. Even if you put 99 stats, the damage will not rise above the limit. As will be the base from the improvement with titanite, and will remain so. Or, on the contrary, it will change the bonus stats to others and the damage of the weapon will already depend on the other stats of the character.
PS When choosing a hardening, the game suggests which bonus stats are lost or changed, be careful.

M
Marty52 09.11.21

pavloalex
... and where is it agreed? Or was he not attentive?
When you see that the numbers in the physical damage graph are getting smaller and glowing red, it means that you lose some of this physical damage. damage. When you see that these numbers increase and shine blue, it means that there is an increase in relation to what damage was before hardening. You also need to pay attention to the letters above the stat requirements. If the letters are highlighted in red when choosing the type of hardening, then you lose some value of the scale from the corresponding characteristic. From a higher scale value to a lower one: S, A, B, C, D, E.

p
pavloalex 09.11.21

Marty52
Everything, to understand, thanks, from me you plus.

V
Vladislav Zenin 09.11.21

It seemed to me alone that it is better to leave many weapons without hardening at all, with it the damage will come out less?

D
Devill666 09.11.21

Vladislav Zenin
depends on what stats you download and what you harden. hardening for sharpened, heavy and refined is relevant.