3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 09.11.21 11:44 pm

Game freezes constantly (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City)

Hello everyone. I decided to play here again after so many years in GTA Vice City but ran into a problem. That on a laptop with Windows 7 and that on an old computer with Win XP the game hangs the same way. I set up the game, set the resolution to my monitor and loaded the save - the game froze. I restarted, hardly loaded the game, played for 10-15 minutes and again the same thing.

It also happens that the mouse freezes in the game. It's stupid, you play and it freezes abruptly during the gameplay, and sometimes it does when you press Escape to exit to the pause menu, a black screen appears, and the task manager says that the game is not responding.

In general, I did not have such a problem before. I played the game with pleasure, passed it and was satisfied. Now I was pushed with this problem. So, if anyone knows how to solve it, then unsubscribe, otherwise you have already ruffled your nerves in search of a problem, and in Google there is no specific answer to the question, at least shoot!
11 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pashtet7 09.11.21

Death_Cold Frame
limiter enabled?

D
DeathColdUA 09.11.21

Pashtet7
Yes. Apart from the resolution and drawing distance, I do not change anything, everything else is by default.

G
GTAman 09.11.21

Death_Cold
Try to set in the Task Manager so that the game uses one processor core, it should help with the mouse. I don't know about freezes. In what form is the game - pirate / repack, lick?

D
DeathColdUA 09.11.21

Veenine
Yes, I already figured out the hangs myself. But thanks for the answer.

G
GTAman 09.11.21

Death_Cold
What was the problem?

D
DeathColdUA 09.11.21

Veenine
In short, on Win 7, so that this would not happen, well, freezes and problems with the mouse, it was necessary to add it to the list - Data Execution Prevention in the Performance item in the Windows system settings. And this solved all the problems on Win 7. On Win XP, at the same speed (sort of like), you had to move the slider in the center, and that's it.

C
Crusader000 09.11.21

Are the requirements suitable for the system?

D
DeathColdUA 09.11.21

Crusader000
Is this a joke? More like a joke than a question! 2005 game, and how do you think fit?

C
Crusader000 09.11.21

Death_Cold
Naturally!

G
GTAman 09.11.21

Death_Cold
This is the first time I 've heard about the connection between flights and this function. But most of them have it configured by default, but there is no problem. This means that the root cause is somewhere deeper.

On Win XP, at the same speed (sort of like), you had to move the slider in the center, and that's it.
There is no slider. Everything is like on the Seven.

D
DeathColdUA 09.11.21

Veenine
Veenine wrote:
This is the first time I hear about the connection of departures with this function.
Well, I don’t know, it helped me to solve the problem. Moreover, this problem is described in Google, though on old OS, but still, I solved it.
Veenine wrote:
There is no slider. Everything is like on the Seven.
I was a little mistaken. This very slider is located in the properties of the desktop, well, at least on Win XP SP3. There, this slider is associated with speed, and if you move it almost to the middle to the left, then there will be no problem with the game.